• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New ‘Magic Happens’ Parade to Premiere on Feb. 28, 2020 at Disneyland Park

Oh man, we were planning to head over for the 6pm parade today. I’ve been watching the hourly forecast for a couple days, and it doesn’t look fantastic for this evening. ☹️ I’m guessing they’ll cancel the parade due to rain/high winds...???😭

Oh man, we were planning to head over for the 6pm parade today. I’ve been watching the hourly forecast for a couple days, and it doesn’t look fantastic for this evening. ☹ I’m guessing they’ll cancel the parade due to rain/high winds...???😭
If it’s too wet they will go into rainy day parade mode.

I assume the parade doesn't have a parade stop? Ex. A lot of the parades in Tokyo and Hong Kong stop in front of the castle and have a special performance before continuing on the parade route but this is uncommon in the US.

I assume the parade doesn't have a parade stop? Ex. A lot of the parades in Tokyo and Hong Kong stop in front of the castle and have a special performance before continuing on the parade route but this is uncommon in the US.
No parade stops. The last time we had a parade that stopped if I recall correctly was the block party parade in dca over 10 years ago.

I LOVE this parade, and at night it is amazing! I saw the majority of the 3:30 showing after heading over from DCA, and then grabbed a bench for my family when everyone cleared out around 4:15. It was cold, and CMs kept telling people it might not happen. It was definitely spitting, but they ended up starting the parade 6-7 minutes early! I would highly recommend seeing the 6pm showing before Sunday when daylight savings begins if you are able. It’s really fun in daylight, but the floats are more magical at night in my opinion.

Yes, saw it Saturday. I really liked it. We were there for Soundsational's first run and that was many moons ago and it was really really time for it to go. It was weird to watch a parade and not already know the music, will have to learn this one. I liked that they had floats from new movies and also floats from some old movies that don't get that much love normally.

We saw the 3:30 Saturday performance. We just happened to be coming in to the park from DCA at about 3 to head to an Indy fp and we saw that there was plenty of space behind the benches in front of the train station. Ducked in right as the band was performing and then watched Goofy and Pluto entertain until the parade came.

I really enjoyed it and loved that one of my favorite movies had a float. We not expecting that at all as it's old and doesn't get much love.

I LOVE this parade, and at night it is amazing! I saw the majority of the 3:30 showing after heading over from DCA, and then grabbed a bench for my family when everyone cleared out around 4:15. It was cold, and CMs kept telling people it might not happen. It was definitely spitting, but they ended up starting the parade 6-7 minutes early! I would highly recommend seeing the 6pm showing before Sunday when daylight savings begins if you are able. It’s really fun in daylight, but the floats are more magical at night in my opinion.

I just want to say thank you for this recommendation! We decided that our first viewing would be the night version and went Saturday evening before the time changed. We loved it! We managed to grab street (next to curb) seats across from Coca Cola Corner at 5 pm and had a great view and tons of character interactions. We still miss PTN, but we really enjoyed the mix of floats and characters, the new music, and the best dancers we’ve seen in a DL parade!

I just want to say thank you for this recommendation! We decided that our first viewing would be the night version and went Saturday evening before the time changed. We loved it! We managed to grab street (next to curb) seats across from Coca Cola Corner at 5 pm and had a great view and tons of character interactions. We still miss PTN, but we really enjoyed the mix of floats and characters, the new music, and the best dancers we’ve seen in a DL parade!

Aww, yay!! So glad you were able to enjoy the last “night” showing for a few months! 😅

We went last Thursday- 3/5. Wonderful day.... very low crowds. I am a curbside seat type of parade viewer, so my girls and I grabbed a spot in the shade across from the Alice restrooms about 45-50 minutes before the parade started.

It was such a festive atmosphere.... one of the cast members came down before the parade doing some kind of check, and he was dancing and getting everyone fired up for the parade.

We loved it- I found the characters to be very interactive with the audience. Multiple characters came up to my girls for high fives and hellos, and Kristoff stole the show. This felt much more interactive than any of the parades we’ve seen at WDW, and definitely more so than the Christmas parade. The floats are absolutely gorgeous..... Moana is fantastic and my little one loved the Frozen 2 floats. I wish it was longer.... it felt short to me, but that may be because we were having so much fun!!! We haven’t seen Coco, but the parade made us want to!!!! I personally loved the addition of the Blue Fairy. Such a treat!!!

We saw the 3:30 and then caught a bit of the 6pm.... definitely want to see the night version in its entirety!!! The night effects were awesome!

I am OBSESSED with this parade, as a WDW AP I cried when I heard the nod to Wishes and Remember the Magic. Now I have a weird question:
Trying to figure out the lyrics in the last song, especially the lyrics before "if you just believe, it's time to remember the magic happens" I can't tell you how many times I've seen the parade on YouTube trying to figure this out

I am OBSESSED with this parade, as a WDW AP I cried when I heard the nod to Wishes and Remember the Magic. Now I have a weird question:
Trying to figure out the lyrics in the last song, especially the lyrics before "if you just believe, it's time to remember the magic happens" I can't tell you how many times I've seen the parade on YouTube trying to figure this out
I don’t understand why they haven’t released the music. 😭😭😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter