New 2018 TIcket Prices

As always, the prospect of locking my entire life of future vacations... with a never-ending yearly payment system...
to ANY corporation, and that corporation being able to control every aspect of those vacations and change the rules and pricing
as the time goes by...

Nope.
I totally understand this way of thinking.....for us it has worked for the past 18 years because of the price we paid at the time.....at todays prices, i couldnt argue with you

There really is no "value" in DVC beyond the value to the owner personally....the ability to stay in better resorts...I can still find great personal value because i paid $72 per point in 2000 as opposed to the almost $150 folks are paying now....to me, DVC as its priced now along with the pass prices, has become something very difficult for the middle class to afford.

My wife and i talk often about resort only vacations once our last child is out of the house

When I saw these new price increases on tickets, specifically the AP, my first thought was, time to start planning some parkless DVC resort trips only. There's plenty to do without visiting a park, especially since most trips are just my husband and I.

When I saw these new price increases on tickets, specifically the AP, my first thought was, time to start planning some parkless DVC resort trips only. There's plenty to do without visiting a park, especially since most trips are just my husband and I.
Im actually looking forward to it...I told my wife we can explore all the great tourist traps (like gatorland ;)....we can go to the spacecoast, and check out the restaurants around orlando

All these price increases and wanting to decrease the amount of people in each park you would think they’d open a 5th gate....

For once I listened to myself instead of my wife (EDIT - she doesn't scan these boards - I hope!) We have never bought tickets ahead of time but I decied to buy them a few weeks ago for our July trip. as a result, we saved $50.

That's probably, what - 2 drinks at Shulas? (Staying at the Dolphin).
LOL Probably right!

All these price increases and wanting to decrease the amount of people in each park you would think they’d open a 5th gate....

You're talking a couple billion dollars and 5 years to do. They are instead investing in new attractions at existing parks that can get done quicker.

So, let's say you are a family of 4 and are visiting on March 8th (a day with an Disney After Hours event). You could actually spend a total of $971.32 on admissions for the day ($116.09 for regular park admission plus $126.74 for DAH). That is just on admissions only, no food, drink or souvenirs. Incredible.

Im actually looking forward to it...I told my wife we can explore all the great tourist traps (like gatorland ;)....we can go to the spacecoast, and check out the restaurants around orlando

That's what we're doing. In fact, we are doing it this May. Using our DVC to stay at SSR while we explore other central Florida attractions and parks. No WDW parks this trip.

So, let's say you are a family of 4 and are visiting on March 8th (a day with an Disney After Hours event). You could actually spend a total of $971.32 on admissions for the day ($116.09 for regular park admission plus $126.74 for DAH). That is just on admissions only, no food, drink or souvenirs. Incredible.

But people will still do it. I can see why they do it. Most days they will be crowded no matter what, but i guess this will get people to visit Jan-april and July-Oct

Much easier/safer to respond to capacity problems by raising/lowering prices than embarking on capital projects.

Disney has a big pair to spin it as "this will help crowds as there will be less people."

We are raising prices for your own good.

There are other options folks. Look around.

If the last few years have taught me anything, its that many people are completely price insensitive when it comes to Disney. Just look at the sold out/hard to get up-sell items including (but not limited too): Halloween and Christmas parties, EMM/DAH, dessert/fireworks "parties", VIP tour guides, Illuminations cruises, Club Level FP's, BBB, Pirates League, etc. Disney cannot invent these up-sell events fast enough for people. I totally picture the Disney theme park execs sitting around a conference room laughing and saying "what ridiculous thing can we charge them for next, and they will line up to pay?"

These price hikes will change nothing.

So sad.

And that was when NE meant NE. I never got to use one of those. Dvc APs made more sense for the multi trip years. Now it’s all coming to a close for us, it seems.

Alas, I'm holding on to mine as long as possible.

I think the end of NE will ultimately be Disney's loss.

We used to go to WDW much more often. I almost always kept a few days worth of admission on hand. It was easy to take short trip if the mood struck. I fear we are not alone, and that WDW is increasingly trading short-term gains for long-term loyalty.

I used to plan up every trip- more days, better meals, more people in my group. I'd ask, "What surprise splurge can I add?" Now I keep planning down and down. "What else could I cut?"

I don't remember the exact quote, but I think Jim Hill (from Disney Dish Podcast) said each $1 raise in ticket prices at Disneyland nets Disney $30,000,000. If that is the case, then this last round of raises between the two US parks has to net them around $400,000,000 (think about all the ticket prices that just jumped up).

Last edited:
Alas, I'm holding on to mine as long as possible.

I think the end of NE will ultimately be Disney's loss.

We used to go to WDW much more often. I almost always kept a few days worth of admission on hand. It was easy to take short trip if the mood struck. I fear we are not alone, and that WDW is increasingly trading short-term gains for long-term loyalty.

I used to plan up every trip- more days, better meals, more people in my group. I'd ask, "What surprise splurge can I add?" Now I keep planning down and down. "What else could I cut?"

I would have said that years ago, but nothing has stopped people from going to WDW. People seem to figure out a way to make it work.

There really is no "value" in DVC beyond the value to the owner personally....the ability to stay in better resorts...I can still find great personal value because i paid $72 per point in 2000 as opposed to the almost $150 folks are paying now....to me, DVC as its priced now along with the pass prices, has become something very difficult for the middle class to afford.

My wife and i talk often about resort only vacations once our last child is out of the house

Not just DVC, but a WDW vacation in general has become very difficult for the middle class.

I would have said that years ago, but nothing has stopped people from going to WDW. People seem to figure out a way to make it work.
Short term, yes. Many folks got used to the idea of going to WDW at a set interval- like once a year, or once every 2-3 years.

No doubt, as you say, many will find a way to make it work for a few cycles.

The trend will probably start at the top: maybe less signature meals, park tours, and premium-view deluxe room bookings.

The ultra-rich will still book suites and VIP.

Short term, yes. Many folks got used to the idea of going to WDW at a set interval- like once a year, or once every 2-3 years.

No doubt, as you say, many will find a way to make it work for a few cycles.

The trend will probably start at the top: maybe less signature meals, park tours, and premium-view deluxe room bookings.

The ultra-rich will still book suites and VIP.

Yes but that’s not what Walt intended.
He wanted everyone to enjoy his parks
just the rich.

You're talking a couple billion dollars and 5 years to do. They are instead investing in new attractions at existing parks that can get done quicker.
"Quicker". Guardians of the Galaxy is expected to take 3 plus years, minimum. Really? For an indoor ride they can work on 24/7? C'mon, Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter