This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

New charge for Bell Service Delivery

Don't go changing your story now though :)

I don't think your comment towards not believing that you could get a room in the Bellagio for that price quoted had anything do to with the $6 fee.

But to your point about the amount of the fee no like I said I don't think it's so out of line. As always though for some it's based on principle. I myself try as hard as possible to avoid hotels that have resort fees, parking fees or both. Not always possible but I do try to avoid them when I can. Not the amount that's the issue just the principle.

HA......

Trust me I dislike those resort fees as much as the you, HATE them as a matter fact, I also will look and avoid them at all costs but if you want to stay in a certain resort then one is stuck.......I also dislike it when they are continually adding more and more and more fees with no real reason other then the money grab, in this case it is stated why and I fell $6 is way cheap for all the extra work needed here for a case of water and bread......

How is it speculation? I stated facts.
Tipped employees are paid $5.44 an hour.
People ( especially people who live outside the US ) will tip less or nothing because they will assume the $6 fee is a tip or will just tip less because of the fee.

We do travel to vegas every other year and yes, the resort fees are obnoxious. The real difference is I can get a suite at the palazzo with the prestige package which includes Open bar for three hours every night, breakfast,& snacks throughout the day (similar to a concierge room at Disney) for $400 a night including resort fees.
Similar accommodations at Disney for the pushing $1000 a night.
My wife works for the industry and I can state as a fact the bellmen in her place is not a tipped employee like a waitress, thus they are making more then a "tipped" employee for the most part they do alot more then deal with just bags ect, lots of assuming going on here so speculation here is FACT.......

At how many of the hotels you've stayed at, though, are there multiple, sometimes extensive, grocery orders delivered to Bell Services and then by Bell Services to the guest rooms?

I'm talking about resorts in the Orlando tourist area that have the same clientele as Disney. For me Specifically Royal Pacific Resort at Universal and Wyndham Grand Orlando at Bonnet Creek. Both gladly handle my GG orders and don't charge a fee. Royal Pacific would for sure handle just as many orders as any Disney resort.

How is it speculation? I stated facts.
Tipped employees are paid $5.44 an hour.
People ( especially people who live outside the US ) will tip less or nothing because they will assume the $6 fee is a tip or will just tip less because of the fee.

We do travel to vegas every other year and yes, the resort fees are obnoxious. The real difference is I can get a suite at the palazzo with the prestige package which includes Open bar for three hours every night, breakfast,& snacks throughout the day (similar to a concierge room at Disney) for $400 a night including resort fees.
Similar accommodations at Disney for the pushing $1000 a night.
If I had to pay a fee which I wouldn’t. I would just do it my self. I wouldn’t be tipping. If there was no fee. I’ll tip.
As for Vegas. Vegas hotels know in the long run they will make lots more money from gambling from people who stay at 400.00 rooms. So WDW still a much better value.
I love Vegas also. We stay at the mirage. 99.99 per night most nights.

Last edited:
My wife works for the industry and I can state as a fact the bellmen in her place is not a tipped employee like a waitress, thus they are making more then a "tipped" employee for the most part they do alot more then deal with just bags ect, lots of assuming going on here so speculation here is FACT.......
At WDW, Bell Services, Valet Parkers, Food and Beverage Servers are tipped positions. Housekeeping is not a tipped position at WDW.

Vegas is also 50% the cost of a Disney hotel in the same range.
Right but a county fair is 110% less the cost. It’s all relative to what you can afford and want to do. I’d rather spend the money and goto Disney.
Plus that other 50% will be lost gambling. Vegas isn’t Vegas for being cheap.
Note: I love Vegas. But the two are different deals. For the family. WDW is un beatable. Any price. For me and the wife. We also do Vegas. So not knocking Vegas. We love it.
I will say this. We have gone to DLR here the last couple years. DL is even better than WDW
I work tons of overtime to find our trips to Disney. Makes them even more special. Always get our moneys worth. Every bit so.

If I had to pay a fee which I wouldn’t. I would just do it my self. I wouldn’t be tipping. If there was no fee. I’ll tip.
As for Vegas. Vegas hotels know in the long run they will make lots more money from gambling from people who stay at 400.00 rooms. So WDW still a much better value.
I love Vegas also. We stay at the mirage. 99.99 per night most nights.
That's how I feel too. I am happy to tip the person who does the work.
We have stayed at the mirage a few times too. Love their pool!!!
With how expensive drinks and and breakfast places are, we find a lot of value at the palazzo package and we just like that hotel more.
Better value? Money wise, our Disney trips are at least $1000 more that our vegas trips. We are not huge gamblers so that has a lot to do with it. we only bring $1000 for both of us for the week when a lot of people bring $1000 a day.

I am hoping to find out if the fee is per package or per delivery and if it applies whether the items are picked up at bell services or only if delivered to your guest room. This morning I first called DVC guest services who didn’t know but called the resort (Poly in this case). I was told the resort person she spoke to said the $6 fee applies whether orders are delivered to your room or whether you pick it up yourself from bell services for groceries but not Owners locker (I asked specifically about OL). The fee was specified to be $6 “per box”. Your results may vary depending on who you talk to at Disney.

Then I emailed Disney guest services spelling it all out again, and tried to differentiate as well between boxes of items ordered from amazon that are shipped to the resort vs Amazon prime now deliveries that couriers bring and drop off at bell services. Got an email back saying someone will contact me within 7 days depending on how much research answering my question requires. Nothing yet.

The answer you get definitely depends who you talk to.

I emailed Disney they day the rumours started [before the website wording change].

This weekend I received a phone call in response to my email. They said the package fee was still $5 and there was NO grocery delivery fee. Clearly right hand and left hand are not talking well to each other.

SW

This $6 fee is in addition to the $5 charged by convention resorts (or is it all deluxes now?) for packages sent through USPS/Amazon.

The answer you get definitely depends who you talk to.

I emailed Disney they day the rumours started [before the website wording change].

This weekend I received a phone call in response to my email. They said the package fee was still $5 and there was NO grocery delivery fee. Clearly right hand and left hand are not talking well to each other.

SW

Yes. And there was possibly something lost in translation as a result of my question asked of DVC member services being relayed to some person at the Poly and then relayed back to me. Heck it could even be handled differently at one resort over another and one day to another. Lots of variables, and then it could also be a full moon. :rolleyes:

Ok so if you pick your order up at bell service there is no charge? We leave in 3 weeks and planning on using amazon prime now. Thanks for the help on this one. This is huge if we order more then once. Kids eat a lot lol

This $6 fee is in addition to the $5 charged by convention resorts (or is it all deluxes now?) for packages sent through USPS/Amazon.
Different services/departments, so yes. Your shipped items to through the mail department and the front desk. Your delivery service-delivered groceries that are delivered to Bell Services and then by Bell Services to your room are separate.

I'm talking about resorts in the Orlando tourist area that have the same clientele as Disney. For me Specifically Royal Pacific Resort at Universal and Wyndham Grand Orlando at Bonnet Creek. Both gladly handle my GG orders and don't charge a fee. Royal Pacific would for sure handle just as many orders as any Disney resort.

Before I traveled to WDW I had never heard hotel people ordering a week's worth of groceries and haveing them delivered to a hotel room. I still have a hard time picturing my family ordering groceries for any hotel stay. Now I do understand folks in a condo/villa type resort ordering that amount of food, but a hotel room? I do not think anyone in that industry foresaw the growing number of families using this as means to keep food costs down, and as lodging costs increase, I think that Disney resorts will not be the only ones reacting to the increased number of orders they are juggling. You may find your Universal resort hotels implementing the same kinds of fees in the future.

I think the alternative to this could be resorts refusing to accept grocery orders. You want to order, you best be there to receive the order. So far this is not occurring, but I could see that in the future.

Frankly, with the exception of DVC, I am surprised that any resort hotel would accept, store, and then deliver groceries so I consider a $5 or $6 reasonable.

I think the alternative to this could be resorts refusing to accept grocery orders. You want to order, you best be there to receive the order. So far this is not occurring, but I could see that in the future.
I believe neither the Swan nor the Dolphin will accept deliveries

Before I traveled to WDW I had never heard hotel people ordering a week's worth of groceries and haveing them delivered to a hotel room. I still have a hard time picturing my family ordering groceries for any hotel stay. Now I do understand folks in a condo/villa type resort ordering that amount of food, but a hotel room? I do not think anyone in that industry foresaw the growing number of families using this as means to keep food costs down, and as lodging costs increase, I think that Disney resorts will not be the only ones reacting to the increased number of orders they are juggling. You may find your Universal resort hotels implementing the same kinds of fees in the future.

Frankly, with the exception of DVC, I am surprised that any resort hotel would accept, store, and then deliver groceries so I consider a $5 or $6 reasonable.

Recently on Dizzy Dolphin's (grocery delivery service) FB page they reported that one of the Universal resorts abruptly stopped accepting grocery deliveries to their Bell Services, with no notice. Not clear if it was a one-time anomoly or a policy change on the part of the resort.

SW

Might have something to do with alcohol in the order. We encountered different attitudes frotnding who was on duty at the boardwalk. Heck, I wanted to receive the groceries myself but was told I could not from one bell service guy. All depends who you speak to.

Yes, I've never heard of it either before Disney and only really started hearing about it in larger quantities recently.

Anywhere else we go - big cities across U.S, islands for beach stays at a hotel, etc. - I'm pretty sure people don't order groceries to the hotel. Can you imagine a hotel in NYC getting people's grocery deliveries for the week?:p

We have stayed in a cabin and brought groceries, but that's different.

I’m glad some folks have mentioned they never heard of ordering groceries to ones hotel while on vacation. I didn’t either. Personally I find it odd. Why Is this needed and it seems to be exclusive to WDW. Imho. Disney should just ban it. 6.00 gets so many in a hissy fit. Then it’s not worth it. Ban it. Plenty of free water and plenty of food options. It’s not needed anyways. It’s a Disney vacation not doomsday prepping.

I’m glad some folks have mentioned they never heard of ordering groceries to ones hotel while on vacation. I didn’t either. Personally I find it odd. Why Is this needed and it seems to be exclusive to WDW. Imho. Disney should just ban it. 6.00 gets so many in a hissy fit. Then it’s not worth it. Ban it. Plenty of free water and plenty of food options. It’s not needed anyways. It’s a Disney vacation not doomsday prepping.
To quote a friend of mine, "Tell us how you really feel.";)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter