New charge for Bell Service Delivery

Please keep us posted!

Have a great vacation!

My next trip isn't for a year, I was just posting my experience from last year, as there are a ton of wacky delivery permutations that probably need to be sorted out...

When you are paying a couple of thousand $$ for a room at Disney, I just don’t see what the big deal is with a $6 fee. If you can afford a Disney vacation, and save $x on food by having groceries delivered, then surely it is worth the $6 to have it all brought to your room.

The ability to have our groceries (and alcohol) delivered and refrigerated without even having to be there to receive them (we use Garden Grocer) is a huge convenience. I have no issue with this fee as I’m sure the oversight of packages and groceries can be an operational headache for the front desk and bell services.

We had the experience of a lost package for one stay and the time they spent looking took staff away from helping other guests.

I suspect they may be using this fee for extra staff during peak check in times to help keep things moving along.

Parking fees and resort fees are a good example of actually charging the customers who choose to use the service.

Not exactly, because one is optional and one is mandatory. No hotel should ever get away with charging a resort fee because the customer has no way to opt out. It’s not the same as a parking fee or delivery fee that you only pay if you park a car or have groceries delivered.

Personally, I feel all fees are a money grab, and so far I have found a workaround for the parking fee by having a friend drop me off/pick me up, and there is a workaround for the groceries if you pick them up yourself. If you don’t have a luggage cart, take wheeled luggage and pack the groceries inside to roll them back to the room.

Personally, I feel all fees are a money grab....

In most cases, like parking fees, resort fees, extra taxes etc........But in this case, it is a sensible and logical fee, from what I read on this board alone, the sheer amount of grocery deliveries is staggering and one can imagine the labor it takes to perform them and it IS taking away from the CM regular duties to deliver bread.... Suggestions like yours are creative and good to use if needed but a money grab, far from it......

I concur with this and I drive for Walmart grocery delivery as a mom-gig while my little on is in preschool. I will add that it isn't worth it if I don't get a tip. We get paid a flat fee for a delivery and are independent contractors. The fee is ok, but we only take 1 per hour...thats where the problem comes in. If I could do 2 per hour, I'd do it all day long. The Walmart pick-up employees, however are actually employed by Walmart and make an hourly wage.

If we are not there when the groceries are delivered, how do we go about leaving a tip? I want to make sure we take care of the driver.

If we are not there when the groceries are delivered, how do we go about leaving a tip? I want to make sure we take care of the driver.
I've never used Walmart but I know with Garden Grocer and Amazon Prime you can add the tip when you pay online. I would assume Walmart is the same.

I have absolutely no problem paying a $6.00 delivery fee - we are bringing our infant grandchild on our next trip - diapers, wipes, formula, special water to mix the formula, then bottled water and snacks for the rest of the family. I can not pack that all in a checked bag. What I AM concerned about is the possibility of it being $6.00 per bag or box!
Is anyone sure that it is only the one fee per delivery to the room?
TIA

We were at AKL from April 11 -18th . We just had Bell Svcs deliver our order from Garden Grocer. They advised us about the $6 charge when we called down for the delivery. My husband thought he was supposed to pay them when they delivered so he gave the bell svcs cast member $6 cash. When we checked our room folio on check out day, we had a $6 charge to our room. So they will automatically bill you lol .. lesson learned

I have absolutely no problem paying a $6.00 delivery fee - we are bringing our infant grandchild on our next trip - diapers, wipes, formula, special water to mix the formula, then bottled water and snacks for the rest of the family. I can not pack that all in a checked bag. What I AM concerned about is the possibility of it being $6.00 per bag or box!
Is anyone sure that it is only the one fee per delivery to the room?
TIA
We had three bags and a 40pack
of water and we’re only charged one $6 fee..

Thank you! I just called and was told six dollar fee per delivery I will gladly pay that AND a generous tip to have someone bring that to my room when I arrive at 9 pm with a baby!

Having a scooter in your party makes it very convenient for getting groceries to your room- it becomes a very useful rolling shopping cart. Mum looked a sight with bags hanging off everywhere, but it worked!!

When you are paying a couple of thousand $$ for a room at Disney, I just don’t see what the big deal is with a $6 fee. If you can afford a Disney vacation, and save $x on food by having groceries delivered, then surely it is worth the $6 to have it all brought to your room.

Semi reviving this as I was looking for information on our upcoming trip. To specifically call this out.... I am paying several thousand on a room I would expect this to be included. The thing is though they can get away with it because when I get back home I won't be telling people about a $6 delivery fee. It does add up though and the more "hidden" costs that pop up the more people will start to turn on the concept of Disney being a pay one price and get "everything" (unlike Six Flags and Universal which have a different perception, at least from those people that I know).

Yea I agree I call it nickel and diming which is not a flattering picture but that’s how I see it.

It’s certainly not a big amount but it’s irritating. We now go with a workaround and book a car service with grocery stop. I was surprised how much more relaxed I felt at both the start and end of the vacation the first time we used the car service. Also I could pick out the best looking fruit at the grocery store. Prior to using a car service, our favorite beers were either not available on amazon prime or substituted with a terrible choice. Last October we were unable to meet the amazon prime courier in the BWV lobby during our first delivery even though I specified a meet up there when I placed the order around 6 pm. The courier arrived 2 plus hours late after the 8 to 10 pm delivery window after midnight with items that should have on ice but weren’t and couldn’t speak English. Maybe I just got unlucky but I have no interest in a repeat of that experience.

Last edited:
I am paying several thousand on a room I would expect this to be included.
Luggage the guest brings, sure. Shopping the guest has done by an outside company which is then delivered to and by Bell Services, not so much.
It’s certainly not a big amount but it’s irritating. We now go with a workaround and noon a car service with grocery stop. I was surprised how much more relaxed I felt at both the start and end of the vacation the first time we used the car service.
Isn't that akin to biting off your nose to spite your face? Yes, I understand the relaxation factor - but $80 or so plus tip to save $6? I understand getting to choose your own grocery items (although there's enough competition that nobody is forced to use an unsatisfactory service), but the typical workaround would seem to me to, well, pick up one's own grocery delivery from Bell Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter