New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I've done 4's (Dream), 5's (Magic) and a 7 (Fantasy) with DCL. By the end of the 7 night I basically ran off the ship. I am thinking this was because it was a Western Caribbean itinerary so basically just the same thing 3 days in a row for port stops. I am assuming if it was a Europe or Alaska Cruise it wouldn't be as bad.

5's are the perfect length for my spouse and I. I can understand however why someone who was flying in for the cruise wouldn't want any shorter than a 7 night. We live in Orlando and drive to Canaveral or Miami to Cruise so its not as taxing.

I've been having my eye on a 5 night Double Dip. It would be a guarantee cabin but it's much more affordable that way and I'm willing to have them choose my cabin for a cheaper price. Having the last room is better than having no room to me. I've done 4 and 7 night cruises so 5 could be a good compromise.
We've done gtys in the past. Your at least guaranteed the level that you choose. It's rare for an upgrade. We've done Balcony gty and it's exactly what we got. But yeah the last room is better then no room.

We've done gtys in the past. Your at least guaranteed the level that you choose. It's rare for an upgrade. We've done Balcony gty and it's exactly what we got. But yeah the last room is better then no room.

Yeah the balcony GTY is still a little out of our price range and with the oceanview GTY I want a room with one of those huge portholes with the seat and GTY doesn't guarantee that. So inside it is.

Guys, I think we are going a smidge off topic

Lol that's kind of my fault so I'll start it back.

I wonder what restaurants the new ships will have. I'm guessing Animators will stay as that's already everywhere, but the other two on each of them are all different. Then I bet Palo will stay and then maybe another one that's different than Remy?

I wonder what restaurants the new ships will have. I'm guessing Animators will stay as that's already everywhere, but the other two on each of them are all different. Then I bet Palo will stay and then maybe another one that's different than Remy?
Some people are hoping for an upscale that accepts kids, or maybe at least 10 and up.

I'd love to see some type of steakhouse. Could be a very traditional steakhouse, or perhaps a Brazilian style steakhouse. I'd be very disappointed if there were no Palo.

Palo is my favorite. I think it is a must but I'm not in charge. I could see something other than Remy or maybe Remy plus a third? Looks like the back of the new ships is larger so I am hoping for a third adult restaurant.

You know, I wonder if DCL will do an upscale that allows kids? That's what a lot of the other lines do but DCL seems to be focused on making sure the upscale dining is JUST for adults because everything else is family focused. Also, if I cruised as a kid on DCL, I would find all the dining rooms to be fancy/upscale.

Of course, DCL could always surprise us and do what the other lines are doing, but they don't seem to usually do that.

I think an upscale that allows kids ages 13+ - I know a several kids who were super bummed about no longer being allowed in the kids clubs so it would be a nice trade-off when hitting that 13 mark.

If it is 3 and/or 4, we would do a back to back for a 7

We did something similar for the MV of the Dream. I had the MV booked and a few months later thought that 4 days would not be long enough to explore the new ship so I booked us the 4 day right after for 8 nights total. Unfortunately, I could not get the same cabin so we had to pack up all our stuff from the first cabin but Housekeeping was wonderful and told us they would move our belongings to the new cabin.

MJ

A few years ago with the incredible success of Shanghai Disney I had hoped that one of the older ships would do summers in Asia (or maybe do year round hitting Australia/New Zealand's summer). But that is clearly not going to happen for the foreseeable future.

As for 3/4 night Dream back to backs they are certainly comparable to a 7 night Fantasy. We've done two of them - one switching staterooms and one not (obviously superior). And yes, the 3 night cruises are the closest DCL comes to 'party cruises' - a lot of younger adults with their young children enjoying an extended weekend.

We do enjoy the Magic's 5 night cruises out of Miami (again we've done two of them)...particularly when the itinerary includes Key West. To us it's the shortest length that feels like a 'real' DCL cruise.

But our heart (though not our wallet) is happiest with the 10-12 night cruises. 7/30/21 here we come (probably...;-) )

A few years ago with the incredible success of Shanghai Disney I had hoped that one of the older ships would do summers in Asia (or maybe do year round hitting Australia/New Zealand's summer). But that is clearly not going to happen for the foreseeable future.

That's been the hope for a while. Along with new routes and lengths.
Right now, all of the ships are spoken for for at least 8 more years by contract. All 5 big ships ultimately will be in Fl. I did some basic work the other day and need to clean it up a bit but its highly unlikely DCL will stay far from what we've seen. The wild card I can find, is the Magic class starting in 22. Galveston for 6 months is a given which means either Magic or Wonder will go there again. That will leave the Dream and the Wonder. Wonder could go back to N/O or stay in the Pacific going to Mexico with the Dream doing 1 offs from Fl. 23 and after, everything is pretty much written where each ship will go. Its after the Wish does her Maiden is when it gets murky.

How many ships can they have at PC? That's obviously Disney's hub and so I feel like that's a priority for them. My guess is that two of the new ships go there + Dream or Fantasy. The one that doesn't stay goes to Miami full time. I could see them putting the third new one full time on the West coast. Magic and Wonder move around throughout the year like they do now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter