New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I love the thought of Snow White and maybe the 7 dwarves going up the steps. But my money is on Mary Poppins -- she'd be great on a "wish" ship and is also an iconic figure from the early movie days of Disney.

Yes, same fear that the itineraries will not blossom out, but just be made longer with the same ports over and over. One can only hope that they get some contracts with some new ports in the Caribbean and overseas. And maybe longer stays in NYC (or even Baltimore) to do Bermuda and New England. But goodness, I sure hope the prices become more reasonable, or sadly we will never see the new ships :(

Is it likely the Dream and Fantasy price will go down when the new ships come in? Given that the "newness" of the DD and DF will kind of be gone? Like other things, I'm usually okay with waiting on a brand new product — let the kinks iron themselves out.

Is it likely the Dream and Fantasy price will go down when the new ships come in? Given that the "newness" of the DD and DF will kind of be gone? Like other things, I'm usually okay with waiting on a brand new product — let the kinks iron themselves out.

The Magic and Wonder are usually a little less expensive when they are running the vanilla Caribbean/Bahamas itineraries. DCL avoids this travesty of economics by having them do different/new itineraries or run them out of new home ports on the vanilla stuff to drive prices back up. The Wish will cost more than the other ships by virtue of being new and shiny but I doubt the price differential will be significant except for the Maiden or if she does any special runs.

Had some time this morning, so I updated MW build list, adding in the Wish from DCL Triton 1 and adding in the milestone dates from the other lines. This should give anyone some ballpark dates on what to look for, for the Wish.The 1 thing I did notice, is that in years past, MW was on fire, and moving right along, putting out ships in less then 18 months. They've let that slip to 20 months. This is just me, but could be a planned yard slowdown, to keep every one employed as they had gaps in their schedule for a while. For example, DCL Triton 3, was not on the intial order, and MW had no ships planned in any phase for 2022. DCL added Triton 3, which gave MW a ship for 22 and also picked up a few more ships along the way. But its not like they were before where they had 3 ships planned per year, for 6 or 7 years down the road.
Ooo... March 22 is the steel cutting. It's getting exciting.

We used to chat hopefully about that on the boards when the Fantasy and Dream were coming -- that two more ships might make the prices go down with more quantity. They didn't -- so I am not holding out a whole lot of hope for the new ships making a dent in the pricing -- or sales or offers or anything else other lines do :surfweb:

That's what we did to see the shows on the Dream (as we only do at least 7 day cruises). If you are able to book the same stateroom for your B2B it is truly a 7 day cruise, as you don't have to pack and unpack at the turnaround.
I have read that the “energy” of the people on shorter cruises is different than that on 7 days or longer. Did your b2b have the same feel overall as a longer cruise?

I have read that the “energy” of the people on shorter cruises is different than that on 7 days or longer. Did your b2b have the same feel overall as a longer cruise?
We did the 4 day first and it was fairly routine but obviously shorter than the typical 7 day sail we usually do. The B2B 3 day afterwards we kind of did our own thing (since we already saw the shows) and enjoyed the ship most of the time (pools at night, movies, Detective Agency). It was a bit weird during that 3 day sail as all the guests were new and we kind of felt bad for them as they only had about a 70 hour vacation on the ship. I would say the MDRs were a bit busier as all the staff had to learn new families quickly and had to run back and forth a lot as they didn't already know what their usual drinks were. We did not visit the adults area so I don't know if it was more energetic there.

I think when you have a 7 day, you relax more knowing you have a whole week to do everything. I just can't imagine doing just a 3 day at this stage. The time would just go too fast. One day you are dressing for formal night and the next night you are packing your bags.

We did the 4 day first and it was fairly routine but obviously shorter than the typical 7 day sail we usually do. The B2B 3 day afterwards we kind of did our own thing (since we already saw the shows) and enjoyed the ship most of the time (pools at night, movies, Detective Agency). It was a bit weird during that 3 day sail as all the guests were new and we kind of felt bad for them as they only had about a 70 hour vacation on the ship. I would say the MDRs were a bit busier as all the staff had to learn new families quickly and had to run back and forth a lot as they didn't already know what their usual drinks were. We did not visit the adults area so I don't know if it was more energetic there.

I think when you have a 7 day, you relax more knowing you have a whole week to do everything. I just can't imagine doing just a 3 day at this stage. The time would just go too fast. One day you are dressing for formal night and the next night you are packing your bags.
Agree about the 3 day. A couple of years ago my husband and I booked a 3 day out of San Diego so that we would be platinum by DS’s graduation next year. We thought this would be a nice little escape since we live in Portland, OR. As it got closer to paid in full date we just could not imagine really enjoying ourselves with so little time. Especially since our shortest cruises have been 7 days.

All 6 of our cruises have been 7night ones. We have our first 5 night cruise booked for 2021. I already feel like that is going to be so short, but I'm looking forward to being on the Magic again. Our first ever cruise was on the Magic for our honeymoon in 2001. Our 2021 cruise will be for our 20th wedding anniversary. I'm excited for everything the Magic has(shows we haven't seen, Rapunzel' restaurant, the Aquadunk). All our other cruises have been on either the Wonder or Fantasy. I love the Wonder, so I know I'm going to love the Magic, just wish our cruise wasn't over a year away! It's been such a long time since we've been on the Magic, I feel as if it's a new ship.

You are going to love the Magic. I agree that the sound of a 5 day cruise worries me if it is enough time but to get on a different Disney ship with shows you haven't seen is well worth it. I rank the Magic 3 shows the best of all 4 ships, by a slim margin.

All 6 of our cruises have been 7night ones. We have our first 5 night cruise booked for 2021. I already feel like that is going to be so short, but I'm looking forward to being on the Magic again. Our first ever cruise was on the Magic for our honeymoon in 2001. Our 2021 cruise will be for our 20th wedding anniversary. I'm excited for everything the Magic has(shows we haven't seen, Rapunzel' restaurant, the Aquadunk). All our other cruises have been on either the Wonder or Fantasy. I love the Wonder, so I know I'm going to love the Magic, just wish our cruise wasn't over a year away! It's been such a long time since we've been on the Magic, I feel as if it's a new ship.
You are going to love the Magic. I agree that the sound of a 5 day cruise worries me if it is enough time but to get on a different Disney ship with shows you haven't seen is well worth it. I enjoyed the 3 Magic Broadway shows the best of all 4 ships.

For the folks who say 3-5 night cruises are too short to enjoy, have you actually taken one? We find the shorter cruises to be very satisfying and preferred it to our 7 night.

For the folks who say 3-5 night cruises are too short to enjoy, have you actually taken one? We find the shorter cruises to be very satisfying and preferred it to our 7 night.
I enjoyed the 4 night Dream. It was long enough to satisfy a DCL craving. I had the entire week off from work and could afford to do a B2B so we did. However, if we had just done a 3 day only, I would have said that was too short. The caveat here is we fly 2.5 hours to Orlando for DCL. I'd rather not fly at $500 a person for only a 3-4 day vacation with 5 kids. When we go to WDW it is 5-7 days at a time as well. We don't combine land and sea because you get a better discount doing one or the other 7 days rather than both the same week.

She’s just as beautiful as ever. She was our first in 2010 and we just sailed her last summer. You will have a great time. Happy very early anniversary.

We've done a 4 night, a 5 night, (4) 7 nights, an 11 night, a 12 night and a 14 night - so yeah, a good sample. I'd never do a 3 or 4 night again if I had to fly or drive more than a few hours to a port (probably wouldn't do a 3 night even if I lived next door to the port). It's simply not worth it. So unless a cruise ship is planning on embarking in Pittsburgh :rotfl2: , we are looking for longer cruises. Our next cruise is a 6 night which really is way too short, but we had some NCL cruise next certificates to use or lose and it fit our schedule so we booked it. It's a repositioning cruise from LA to Vancouver and we plan on adding on some time at Disneyland at the beginning and Vancouver at the end. From a cruise standpoint it won't be nearly long enough, but it will be a really nice trip over all and worth the flight across the country.

We've done 3s 4s,4 day double dip, and 7s. 4s are about right to get your feet wet, for first timers. 3s feel short. You get on the ship, next morn your in Nassau, then CC then home. 4s usually have a sea day to sit back and do things at your pace, not the 8 hours you'll be in port. If I were to do a CC double dip again wed do a 5, with a sea day. 7s are nice in that you have lots more time to explore and some of the different things onboard. All depends on the individual and what they can afford or get away for.

We've done 3s 4s,4 day double dip, and 7s. 4s are about right to get your feet wet, for first timers. 3s feel short. You get on the ship, next morn your in Nassau, then CC then home. 4s usually have a sea day to sit back and do things at your pace, not the 8 hours you'll be in port. If I were to do a CC double dip again wed do a 5, with a sea day. 7s are nice in that you have lots more time to explore and some of the different things onboard. All depends on the individual and what they can afford or get away for.

I've been having my eye on a 5 night Double Dip. It would be a guarantee cabin but it's much more affordable that way and I'm willing to have them choose my cabin for a cheaper price. Having the last room is better than having no room to me. I've done 4 and 7 night cruises so 5 could be a good compromise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter