*NEW ECV'S COMING EARLY DEC 2022*

MICKIMINI

Love the Mouse!
Finally, after many trips to MS, our wish has been granted! New ECV's will be at EPCOT early in December. CM's are in training with the new *wheels* and seem to think they will be a game changer.

Specifically, we've been asking for higher quantities everywhere, especially the International Gate which never allocated more ECV's despite the Skyliner bringing in more guests.

Last night, we waited at the International Gate (3 guests on the wait list) for an ECV. After seeing six ECV's roll in, we approached the desk only for them to say they all have to charge and *might* be ready in a few hours (are you kidding?) and this was at 6:30 pm. We wasted an hour. We rented a wheelchair to get to the front gate as apparently there was NO wait list there. Why didn't they tell us? We asked them to call and reserve one which they did. We followed up with GS who confirmed, that it was a total fiasco and waste of time. We were given a few LL's. DH and I have been persistent about this easily fixed problem for years. Now that Bob Iger is back...is this a coincidence? Who knows, however I don't see the *other* Bob caring much...

This, in my mind has been *low hanging fruit* as far as a money maker goes for the parks. Buy the infrastructure and rent at $50 per person and get people into the parks spending money! Sitting around on a bench getting PO'd waiting for a ride that isn't coming is not a money maker! Last week there was a 67 guests on the wait list at MK and 35 at EPCOT. $5100 for the taking WDW and happy guests now eating, drinking and spending money! This is potentially millions of dollars in income WHILE MAKING GUESTS HAPPY! WIN-WIN!

Let's face it, this is one of the few perks people are HAPPY to spend their money on. Let's hope they ordered enough. Roll on!

Any idea what they’re gonna look like? Are they going to be Victory 10’s and Maximas or are they going to stick with the no-name gray monstrosities?

Also, are they going to stick with the 4-wheelers for stability reasons or are they gonna switch it up to 3-wheel scooters for better turning radius and leg room?

Scooterbug is the official stroller, wheelchair and ECV provider for delivery to WDW resorts.
They are also the official providers of strollers, wheelchairs and ECVs for WDW theme parks.

I haven’t seen any pictures or information about what the new park ECVs will look like, but it’s possible they would provide the same type they rent out to individuals at their website. At one point, they even rented the grey ones on their website.
My guess is that they will probably use Pride Victory or Maxima 4 wheel ECVs because of their high weight limit - more likely Maxima because it has a 22 inch wide seat. Those appear to be the Resort Plus ECV and Max HD ECV on their website.
It‘s possible they might use something else - like an industrial version of one of those. I don’t expect them to use 3 wheel ECVs or to rent more than one type in the parks.

I guess we’ll see

When Disneyland reopened, they had a whole new fleet of ECVs. They are blue, smaller, and are 3 wheeled compared to the big gray monsters. They do look a lot nicer, but no experience as we use a wheelchair at Disneyland since we are typically day guests since we live local. I have never noticed any brand name on them. So maybe WDW is finally getting these too?

When Disneyland reopened, they had a whole new fleet of ECVs. They are blue, smaller, and are 3 wheeled compared to the big gray monsters. They do look a lot nicer, but no experience as we use a wheelchair at Disneyland since we are typically day guests since we live local. I have never noticed any brand name on them. So maybe WDW is finally getting these too?
Thanks for that info. I had read about that, but forgot. Scooterbug provides equipment for DL as well as WDW. So, it’s very likely WDW will get the same new ECVs.
I found Laughing Place has a lot of pictures and a review of DL new ECVs on their website.
Here is an overview picture and one of the controls.858D7975-8DE9-4414-96F2-F671E8FE04B5.jpeg

78A0BB6B-F7CD-427A-AA51-4DA1A9DF6ED4.jpeg

They somewhat resemble Pride Revo 2 shape, but the control panel is different and the weight of Pride Revo is only 400 lbs, while the article says the DL rental one label says 500 lbs. They also somewhat resembles a 3 wheel Pride Victory or Maxima ECV with a more squared off floor and different controls. Its possible this is a special version of ECV made for Scooterbug, probably by Pride.
Link to Pride Revo 2 webpage.
Link to Pride Mobility Victory ECV
Link to Pride Maxima ECV webpage.

A couple updates: The CM's have seen and tried out the new ECV's and while I have no brand or description, they tell me they are a HUGE improvement. Let's hope!

Secondly, after last night's issue (and not the first time) we arrived at EPCOT early afternoon to find they actually had ECV's at the International Gate. Having a fleet of only about 20 or so there, DH and I believe they reacted quickly (finally) to our request to have more ECV's available there. For goodness sakes, having them sit unused at the main gate at $50 each when people are begging for them at the International Gate is crazy, so I think they finally got the message.

We'll be at MK the next couple days so we'll try to get the inside scoop there as well.

There was an *Official Disney Parks Survey* in my inbox this morning specific to yesterday's EPCOT visit. I took the time to complete even before I had coffee LOL!

It was extensive and I was able to articulate the ECV issues, park cleanliness and other problems and concerns. I was as clear and detailed as possible.

Off to MK this morning and moving from BWV to BLT. If you have any questions regarding the survey I will answer in the next couple days... I do believe Bob Iger has his foot on the gas LOL!

:worship:

They should get new manual wheelchairs too, as seeing that their current ones are:

1. Hard to push (both for family members and for those who prefer to self push)

2. The rear wheels are deflating faster than a Tom Brady football.

3. The casters are really loose and feel like they’re about to fall off.

4. The brake handles are losing their cushioning and are getting rusty.

5. The footplates don’t flip up or don’t stay up when you’re getting in/out of the chair.

6. They need to be more comfy to sit in for all-day users.

They should get new manual wheelchairs too, as seeing that their current ones are:

1. Hard to push (both for family members and for those who prefer to self push)

3. The casters are really loose and feel like they’re about to fall off.

4. The brake handles are losing their cushioning and are getting rusty.

5. The footplates don’t flip up or don’t stay up when you’re getting in/out of the chair.

6. They need to be more comfy to sit in for all-day users.
You are 100% correct! If I get any more surveys or interactions I will certainly articulate that. Thanks for spelling it out for me so I can refer to your post!

If they are the same as at DL, they start off nice, but are actually pieces of junk that are made in China that will be trashed in about 2 to 3 months. But they are still better than the old ones, just off-site rentals will stille be a better quality

This is directly from a CM who is a coordinator for the ECV department. At each park they can only have a finite number of scooters due to the amount they are allowed to store in the back due to fire codes. That is the only reason there are a certain number of scooters at each park.

Except that was proved false, but NFL is not run by the brightest people and they couldn't understand the physics or math. I'm not a fan of Tom Brady for a lot of reasons, but "deflategate" is not one of them. Cracks me up that people still refer to this though :rotfl:

New ECVs are everywhere. People seem to like them and they appear to be much more maneuverable. I will say they were completely gone by about 9:30/10AM when I typically get to the parks and when leaving around 5 I saw none available. Could be as someone pointed out above, that they have fewer on hand. Might make hopping problematic if you are counting on one at your second park.

I rent from Gold so not an issue for me but if you are wanting one, I would definitely plan on being there early…. or renting from an outside company.

This is directly from a CM who is a coordinator for the ECV department. At each park they can only have a finite number of scooters due to the amount they are allowed to store in the back due to fire codes. That is the only reason there are a certain number of scooters at each park.

I can definitely see that being the limiting factor, especially at International Gateway.

Also, the parks can only handle so many scooters. I don't go anywhere close to peak time, and I feel like they are absolutely everywhere and no one knows how to drive them.

I used a Disney scooter during our early December weekend trip; I realized on Day One that my 70+ self could not walk 20,000 steps a day…. My experience was that when we hopped, there were not scooters at MK, AK, or Epcot. Epcot had a 23-person waiting list. For our next trip, I will either have built up my stamina or I will rent off site. I experienced both the old and new scooters, and the new ones go faster and were easier to drive at a consistent speed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter