New Epcot Resort coming soon?

In someways Adding a Resort in Epcot isnt really expanding the Resort Footprint either, because its not like Disney has to do any infrastructure changes, there not running new water lines or drainage, not having to bring Electricity to a undeveloped area. All of that Stuff is literally right there on site. Now if they were to build something out in woods then I would agree they are expanding the footprint.

Once again, that site is using flimsy evidence to create click bait headlines. Buena Vista Construction has been filing permits like these for all around World Showcase for a couple weeks now. This is probably related to the Food and Wine kiosk locations or something like that. There is zero reason to believe this is connected to the hotel.

Yes, it's very likely there will be a new Epcot hotel starting sooner then later, but these permits don't appear to be related to that.

Once again, that site is using flimsy evidence to create click bait headlines. Buena Vista Construction has been filing permits like these for all around World Showcase for a couple weeks now. This is probably related to the Food and Wine kiosk locations or something like that. There is zero reason to believe this is connected to the hotel.

Yes, it's very likely there will be a new Epcot hotel starting sooner then later, but these permits don't appear to be related to that.
That’s what I thought. WDWNT strikes again!

That’s what I thought. WDWNT strikes again!

Not to mention, there would need to be another South Florida Water Management permit before this project could start, and that would pre-date the Notices of Commencement by at least several months.

These were my comments from the News Round Up thread:

Personal opinion--I would not be for a hotel at the front of the entrance to Epcot or any park for that matter.

The feel of a hotel right at the entrance just doesn't appeal to me. Sight lines, overall feel (partially being reminded about the outside world when you've got a hotel right at the entrance), etc.

On the side? Yeah that wouldn't be quite as bad (so in this case the proposed site B though it would still present some distractions to the outside world just not quite as bad as the front of the park).

If the CR was in front of MK I'd feel the same. As is the CR still gets relatively great access to MK without being right in front of MK. Imagining arriving at the gates to MK on the monorail and seeing a hotel building just sounds not appealing.

Not to mention, there would need to be another South Florida Water Management permit before this project could start, and that would pre-date the Notices of Commencement by at least several months.
Yep, I went to check there today and didn't see anything new.

I can't see them building a hotel at the entrance to the park, It would destroy the view of the park icon.

Site B would be the better option and they would just take over that bus parking nearby for hotel parking. I see it being a Deluxe resort with DVC wing. Imagine the cost for park view. It would also have a rooftop lounge to watch illuminations from.

Assuming a resort is what the plans are for. I doubt it because it leaves very little room for walking grounds that the resort all have. Except maybe the Contemporary.

I bet it is for redesigning the entrance to the park. That entrance needs work and those legacy monuments need to go.

A lot of educated guesses, surrounded by uncertainty.

However, it is good to see Epcot Future world get some love. Guardians, the new space restaurant, at least fixing the roof on wonders of life, potential new lodging property.

Spending some money, that's for darn sure.

I bet it is for redesigning the entrance to the park. That entrance needs work and those legacy monuments need to go.
Good theory that I hadn’t even thought of. It’s gonna take a lot to cut down those legacy monuments

Okay first I have not read this whole thread - as I knew this was incorrect information.

But I have to wonder.....
We know they are adding to CBR with Riviera, we know they are building a Star wars resort at DHS at some point, we also believe they are adding some kind of resort at Epcot, as well as now near MK near Fort Wilderness.

Obviously some of this is due to expectations of SWL and other 50th additions. But would that be all? I don't want to start the whole mud slinging of a 5th park....but this seems like a lot of additions for a finite added park area. This obviously does not include the other new DVCs like Copper Creek at Wilderness lodge they just built as well.

I read in the financial report that they are at 90% capacity...but does SW:GE bring in that much more?

Okay first I have not read this whole thread - as I knew this was incorrect information.

But I have to wonder.....
We know they are adding to CBR with Riviera, we know they are building a Star wars resort at DHS at some point, we also believe they are adding some kind of resort at Epcot, as well as now near MK near Fort Wilderness.

Obviously some of this is due to expectations of SWL and other 50th additions. But would that be all? I don't want to start the whole mud slinging of a 5th park....but this seems like a lot of additions for a finite added park area. This obviously does not include the other new DVCs like Copper Creek at Wilderness lodge they just built as well.

I read in the financial report that they are at 90% capacity...but does SW:GE bring in that much more?
Disney can’t get much higher than 90% capacity. I mean they could but its not too likely.

Disney can’t get much higher than 90% capacity. I mean they could but its not too likely.
Yeah, they won’t ever have 100% capacity since rooms get pulled out of service and they keep rooms open incase of an issue so a consistent 90% capacity is good and they will need to keep adding to it to meet overall demand.

seems this might be completely rumor, so I don't know if it's worth talking about... BUT!
For the comments about ruining the view coming into the park, at first I agreed but then thought about it. It's not exactly a great view until you get to the security check area. A parking lot view still includes mostly parking lot.
Also... think of the premium pricing they can put on a theme park view from a hotel room.
And it would help give a bigger reveal when walking in, kind of like at Disneyland, you have to walk into the park before seeing the castle.

So I'm not excited about the idea, but I actually think this has a chance to be really neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter