NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to coffee and soda. In our experience you can sometimes get hot chocolate too - depends on the CM at the register.

I got hot chocolate in my mug. No one ever asked me what was inside it. There was soda, iced tea, water for tea, coffee, hot chocolate and I think there was a lemonade or fruit punch there too.

I made iced coffee there as well. Coffee and creamer over ice with some splenda.

We were at the Dolphin 5/17-5/20 and DH was specifically told ONLY fountain beverages (ie pop/soda) in the refillable mug (he was getting me a hot tea). The cashier told him that she would let him go "this time", but in the future, the mugs are now only to be used for the fountain beverages.

We had purchased mugs there in the past on previous trips and never had a problem getting tea (not hot chocolate or coffee drinkers, so I can't give any insight on that). Ultimately, we just bought a box of tea bags and he would get me a cup of hot water. There was no specific sign as to what the mugs could/couldn't be used for, so I would imagine it is up to the cashier's discretion (right or wrong) as to what that person's interpretation is unless you get a manager/supervisor involved. Again, no sign with the "official" policy on what you are able to refill with.

Hmmmmmm, DW will be very upset if she can't use her refillable mug for hot tea! :sad2: :surfweb:

I always pack tea bags, as the room has a coffee maker that can dispense hot water... :goodvibes

Done that! DW claims that the water still has a coffee taste to it. My pickey, pickey, pickey DW drinks as much hot tea as a coffee drinker will drink coffee. :laughing:

Coffee is Starbucks and we'll be very disappointed if it's no longer included in the refillable mugs.

I sent an email to the Swandolphin website and I'll report when I get an answer.

Thanks! Looking forward to the answer! Wish I had a cup now!!! :surfweb:

Hi,
We just got back from our stay at the Swan. We went to Picabu's every morning, and I filled my mug with coffee every day! :thumbsup2

Would you say the Swan has a smaller chance of being packed with conventioneers? I understand that there are conventions at both, but I am just wondering simply because of the smaller size, if Swan would be quieter. We are considering trying to switch for our Sept trip. We may do it anyway, just because I like to try to stay at different places when I can. Thanks.

Would you say the Swan has a smaller chance of being packed with conventioneers? I understand that there are conventions at both, but I am just wondering simply because of the smaller size, if Swan would be quieter. We are considering trying to switch for our Sept trip. We may do it anyway, just because I like to try to stay at different places when I can. Thanks.

I noticed you have stayed at many different hotels - which would you suggest for a family trip during Christmas time. Thanks.

I think they tend to stay at both, but I'd think the Dolphin would book up quicker with those attending a convention since the larger facilities are there (I think--don't quote me on that!)

I've not noticed a difference in one being more quiet than the other, even during peak convention times. Once we're in our room, we don't hear a thing!

In my limited experience, since the Swan is smaller, it feels crowded more quickly, especially in the mornings, breaktime or early evening, when conventioneers crowd the restaurant area and the lobby. There's just less room to get past them. We haven't stayed in the Swan, so I can't speak to the rooms themselves feeling crowded or noisy. But at the Dolphin we never would have known we were at a convention while in our room.
At the Swan, the restaurants are all very near the lobby (as is the convention space). While at the Dolphin, the gargantuan lobby, spa and convention space are on one level, and the restaurants and pool are located on a lower level.

I'm very confused about the SPG points. :confused::confused:

I joined, and applied for the American Express card, which is supposed to give me 10,000 points. I only did it a few days ago, and I expect to see my account credited with the points soon. Am I correct in thinking that just getting the card will give me enough points for one free night at the Swan or Dolphin??

Also, apparently making my first purchase with the card will give me another 10,000 points? So, buying a drink at my local Starbucks, for example, and paying with my new card will get me enough points for another free night?

Seems too good to be true!

Next, I went to the spg.com website to see about booking a room for our chosen dates, early in Feb. 2008. My first choice, the Dolphin, says rooms are "from $356 a night". Where's the great prices I see everyone else getting, of $159, etc.? Then, when I clicked on the price, it tells me there are no rooms for my dates! Is it too early to try booking? Or are they really already all booked up! Should I panic because it's too late, or chill out and wait?? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter