NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of more updates to add (do not think I read these above):

As of 8/31/07

Refurbished rooms Swan: All floors by early December, call front desk or ask at check-in which floors are cmpleted for dates prior to December....
Rooms will be refurbished at Dolphin when Swan is completed....

...now I am REALLY confuzzled....that same guy ALSO told me that renovations were completed at the Dolphin last year.....oh, worry, worry, worry, oh worry, worry, worry.....:guilty:

...now I am REALLY confuzzled....that same guy ALSO told me that renovations were completed at the Dolphin last year.....oh, worry, worry, worry, oh worry, worry, worry.....:guilty:

LOL

That was the hotel renovations, not the rooms. Rooms were done about 5 yrs ago (not bad), but the public areas at both resorts were just completed.

Best way to get authentic updated info is to speak with a front desk supervisor, rather than reservations :)

Have found that with some of the reservation agents and front desk folks (who almost all seem to be incredibly nice) unless the question is very specific (when was the last refurbishment - they will answer just completed. Must ask when was the last time rooms were completely refurbished and then you might get the correct answer!! ;) )

By the way, has anyone stayed in one of the Swan Studio Suites? Ever with a good discounted rate? Thanks!

Do you think I should delete some of the information...? :)

I also thought the rooms were all already renovated.. :confused3

:)

Not all the rooms at the Dolphin have been renovated - I think they are "in progress".... the common areas seem to all be done... Our room was the same furniture, drapery, bedspreads, wallpaper as last year, but there were some being renovated on the floor while we were there in June.

How busy are things in WDW during Easter week? Is it nuts? I'm waiting to see what JetBlue's fares look like and am "considering".... :rolleyes:

HI Dan.. We have not started a new thread yet, but we were wanting to. I put in a post with information on Swan/Dolphin back a page. Can you look at it and give us your thoughts. Post #3398 :)

Okay, just got off the phone with a resort manager :)

Both Swan and Dolphin have recently completed renovations of the public areas.

Swan rooms are in process of being refurbished, beginning at the upper level rooms, working down, scheduled to be completed early December. 7th fl former smoking.

Dolphin room refurb will begin when Swan is completed. 9th floor smoking rooms.

Hope this helps to clarlify! :flower3:

...as far as I know, that fee IS in effect.....:confused3 but ya DIDN'T hear it from ME....:rolleyes1

no resort fee -- just individual fees for parking, internet, etc. :rolleyes:

So is there a new thread or not? Blondie, get on that... would ya? ;)

How busy are things in WDW during Easter week? Is it nuts? I'm waiting to see what JetBlue's fares look like and am "considering".... :rolleyes:

....sure, now that you've retired and have all that time in the world.....:rolleyes1

....sure, now that you've retired and have all that time in the world.....:rolleyes1

if only DH was retired and DD was finished with school - now THAT would be the BEST! Until then, I'm doomed to follow THEIR schedules.... :rotfl2:

Is Easter week as crowded as other holiday weeks? I'm thinking that not ALL schools are off that week... maybe it is a little less crazy?? :confused3

Easter is crazy busy, so much so that in 2001 we almost checked out early and came home. Seriously, it was that bad. Maybe it was just that year, but I'll tell ya one thing. Never again! The only plus is that the parks stay open late (just like in the summer) and the weather is absolutely gorgeous!

Going to check out the new thread now!

We went to WDW during our spring vacation which is the week where April 19 falls. This was quite a few years ago. The weather was lovely - low humidity. But, the crowds were incredible - not as bad as the time we were there for Christmas holidays (Dec. 26-Jan.1), but pretty close. Also, air fares are considerably higher because it is school vacation.

I have subscribed to the new thread === see you over there...:moped:

Easter is crazy busy, so much so that in 2001 we almost checked out early and came home. Seriously, it was that bad. Maybe it was just that year, but I'll tell ya one thing. Never again! The only plus is that the parks stay open late (just like in the summer) and the weather is absolutely gorgeous!

Going to check out the new thread now!

We went to WDW during our spring vacation which is the week where April 19 falls. This was quite a few years ago. The weather was lovely - low humidity. But, the crowds were incredible - not as bad as the time we were there for Christmas holidays (Dec. 26-Jan.1), but pretty close. Also, air fares are considerably higher because it is school vacation.

I have subscribed to the new thread === see you over there...:moped:

Hmmm.... will have to think this through I guess. Easter is pretty early this year - in March... my hope was that most "Spring Breaks" would be later...

Thanks for your feedback!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter