NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I guess I always took it for granted, since we ALWAYS stay at a WDW resort, I make our ADR's in advance, ahead of the non-Disney guests....I never knew about the +10 day deal.....ya learn something NEW every day here on the DIS....:confused3

For those of you going in March...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you share what kind of rate you were able to get? We are planning to go in March 2009, the 24th-28th I think. Easter is in April that year so I'm hoping it won't be too crazy. Anyway, DH and I are teachers, so I'm guessing that is the best rate we'll get. Did anyone use that rate to book for next March...and if so, how much was it and WHEN did you book?

TIA!

This is my post from earlier...does ANYONE have any info to share?

Hey kimmar and RachelTori :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 ~ you don't have to sneak in to come over here! We can be fans of many resorts. Even though I am a S/D fan and sorority sista, I still love the CR and am looking forward to the time we can stay there again.

Hey kimmar and RachelTori :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 ~ you don't have to sneak in to come over here! We can be fans of many resorts. Even though I am a S/D fan and sorority sista, I still love the CR and am looking forward to the time we can stay there again.

.....:thumbsup2 ....hey, when does school begin for YOU??

Umm...I only have one reservation so far for our trip in Feb. Dinner on Feb. 5th at Artist Point.

No room reservation yet. No plane tickets. No tickets of any kind.

Feb 5th will be our 25th anniversary, I know we'll be at Disney World then, I'm just not sure what our arrival and departure dates are yet. When I made the reservation, I wasn't asked what our room was or anything.

I am really nervous about making actual reservations, for some reason. It just feels like, if I commit to dates for our hotel, we'll end up missing on a fantastic rate for plane tickets that were for flying 2 days before, or something like that. :scared:

Umm...I only have one reservation so far for our trip in Feb. Dinner on Feb. 5th at Artist Point.

No room reservation yet. No plane tickets. No tickets of any kind.

Feb 5th will be our 25th anniversary, I know we'll be at Disney World then, I'm just not sure what our arrival and departure dates are yet. When I made the reservation, I wasn't asked what our room was or anything.

I am really nervous about making actual reservations, for some reason. It just feels like, if I commit to dates for our hotel, we'll end up missing on a fantastic rate for plane tickets that were for flying 2 days before, or something like that. :scared:

So couldn't you just book like 5 days before and 5 days after your expected dates then you lock in the rates you want and then just cancel the dates you don't need nearer the time....:rolleyes1

....I guess I always took it for granted, since we ALWAYS stay at a WDW resort, I make our ADR's in advance, ahead of the non-Disney guests....I never knew about the +10 day deal.....ya learn something NEW every day here on the DIS....:confused3

I live an hour south of WDW, so my resort is sometimes my home. ;) I've secured many ADRs with my phone number.

Start up is September 5 for the children. It's on the horizon! :scared1:

Start up is September 5 for the children. It's on the horizon! :scared1:

......ditto.....:scared1:

Start in our house is Sept 4 - DD is going to HIGH SCHOOL!! ::gulp:: :cheer2:

Me? I've officially "retired"! :woohoo: First year in a long time I wasn't in school this week, sweating and putting up bulletin boards! :teacher: No more "teacher discount" at the Dolphin... but good thing DH still works for MetLife! :rolleyes:

Me? I've officially "retired"! :woohoo: First year in a long time I wasn't in school this week, sweating and putting up bulletin boards! :teacher: No more "teacher discount" at the Dolphin... but good thing DH still works for MetLife! :rolleyes:

...you look too YOUNG to retire....

...you look too YOUNG to retire....

Thank you! :goodvibes But, I'm not "retirement age", that's why! Just turned 45 yesterday! ;)

It is a good point in my life to be home now that DD is going to be busy with high school activities! The past 9 years we were in the same school! It made things a little easier! :rotfl:

Thank you! :goodvibes But, I'm not "retirement age", that's why! Just turned 45 yesterday! ;)

...well, Happy "belated" birthday, sweetie.....[...I hit the 'big-five-oh' on 9/9, but don't tell anybody....:teeth: ]

SingingMom said:
...It is a good point in my life to be home now that DD is going to be busy with high school activities! The past 9 years we were in the same school! It made things a little easier! :rotfl:

.....gotcha :thumbsup2 !

You should still be able to get the discount, as long as you keep up your certificate. My mom has been retired, but still renews her TC and subs from time to time.

kimmar~5-0!!!:cool1: Life begins at fifty!! :banana: It's the new forty...or something like that. :confused3

I have seen fifty..... awhile ago...:rolleyes:

SingingMom~I agreed with kimmar that you looked too young to retire before I saw your post on why you "retired". It is great to be around for our kids if we can.

OOOPS -no more sidebar chattering need to stay on thread topic:
I, too, believe if you have a current license, the S/D will honor it. I have only showed my state license each time we went and that sufficed.

I also live in nj exit 4A. Are we neighabors?

I'm in Morris County...

kimmar~5-0!!!:cool1: Life begins at fifty!! :banana: It's the new forty...or something like that. :confused3

I have seen fifty..... awhile ago...:rolleyes:

SingingMom~I agreed with kimmar that you looked too young to retire before I saw your post on why you "retired". It is great to be around for our kids if we can.

I feel blessed that I've never "had" to work - I'm looking forward to my time home now: playing DD's taxi driver and getting some things done in the house that I've neglected for the years I've worked! Redecorating, new furniture.... DH doesn't know what he's in for! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter