New Four Diamond Hotel coming to Disneyland

I will be honest and say that I never thought the new hotel was going to go right where it is. I always thought it was going to go right where the "New location for Downtown Disney parking" spot on the map above is.

I'm really excited for this project, and how it is going to change my favorite Disney Resort property.

Man is Disneyland in a band box. I’ve always compared it to universal in my head but it doesn’t even look like it’s even close to the land they have (but I could also be exaggerating)

I will be honest and say that I never thought the new hotel was going to go right where it is. I always thought it was going to go right where the "New location for Downtown Disney parking" spot on the map above is.

I'm really excited for this project, and how it is going to change my favorite Disney Resort property.

Only thing I worry a bit about is t really feels like the Disneyland Hotel is getting squished and I just love that hotel (and it's history) and hope it doesn't get sort of neglected

I also think it’s weird how spread out/low lying the new hotel is gonna be. Given the limited space I figured they’d go more compact and vertical with their design
True. It appears to have a larger layout than the Grand which is the most spread out current DL hotel.

Only thing I worry a bit about is t really feels like the Disneyland Hotel is getting squished and I just love that hotel (and it's history) and hope it doesn't get sort of neglected
I see that as well. I know selling point for the Disneyland Hotel is being able to walk to the monorail or the parks to get to Disneyland. I wonder how the monorail platform being attached to this hotel will change things if it does. Also, I don’t know if I’d like walking through another hotel just to get to Downtown Disney and the parks.

I see that as well. I know selling point for the Disneyland Hotel is being able to walk to the monorail or the parks to get to Disneyland. I wonder how the monorail platform being attached to this hotel will change things if it does. Also, I don’t know if I’d like walking through another hotel just to get to Downtown Disney and the parks.

Or have to walk through another hotel to get back to yours after a long day at the parks

I also think it’s weird how spread out/low lying the new hotel is gonna be. Given the limited space I figured they’d go more compact and vertical with their design

Wonder if some of the reason for it being low is so they can still charge a premium for some of the rooms at the Disneyland Hotel that have views of the fireworks

Wonder if some of the reason for it being low is so they can still charge a premium for some of the rooms at the Disneyland Hotel that have views of the fireworks
The new hotel is also supposed to have a rooftop lounge with fireworks views. I agree though that sight lines for DLH could be part of it.

True. It appears to have a larger layout than the Grand which is the most spread out current DL hotel.

Firework view is a good theory. I’ve never been to Disneyland so I can’t picture what sightlines would be like from the top of this hotel. Also seems odd that they’re demoing so much in downtown Disney for it

I am really hoping that this hotel will have a DVC building that's apart of it. If there is one thing Disneyland is lacking, it is DVC properties. I know that you can book the Disneyland Hotel and the Paradise Pier Hotel with DVC points, but in many ways, it's not worth it to do that.

Firework view is a good theory. I’ve never been to Disneyland so I can’t picture what sightlines would be like from the top of this hotel. Also seems odd that they’re demoing so much in downtown Disney for it
I don't think that was their first choice but since they can't do Eastern Gateway they have to resort to this. I have a feeling they'll make more off this hotel than rent of select venues at DTD too.

I don't think that was their first choice but since they can't do Eastern Gateway they have to resort to this. I have a feeling they'll make more off this hotel than rent of select venues at DTD too.
I’m out of the loop here and missing an important piece: what was eastern gateway? I’m gathering it was some sort of property expansion the city nixed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter