New Four Diamond Hotel coming to Disneyland

The reality is you have your value hotels on the eastern side of the parks, all within a walking distance. By walking distance, I mean it's a shorter walk from the hotel lobbies to entrance security, than it is from most rooms to bus stops at the florida properties. These are all basic corporate hotels.

This was my favorite part of Disneyland. I hate that you lose the bubble, but it's so great not having to deal with buses and being walking distance from both parks, all without having to pay for a deluxe hotel. Too bad it's 2,000 miles away and flights are expensive.

This was my favorite part of Disneyland. I hate that you lose the bubble, but it's so great not having to deal with buses and being walking distance from both parks, all without having to pay for a deluxe hotel. Too bad it's 2,000 miles away and flights are expensive.

The walking to the park is great - and very exciting in the morning as you are joined by all these other people also walking there and excitment builds as you walk under the Disneyland sign, etc.

having to pass homeless people does have a negative impact though

The walking to the park is great - and very exciting in the morning as you are joined by all these other people also walking there and excitment builds as you walk under the Disneyland sign, etc.

having to pass homeless people does have a negative impact though
Agreed.

I wasn't totally sold on the Eastern Gateway project as it had been depicted (we normally stay at the Red Lion on Harbor and walk in), tbh, so, imo, this is probably the best way to expand the resort currently. It looks ok to me, but like others have said, I hope it doesn't "box in" the DLH as it all looks pretty close together. I think it's neat the monorail will run through the new hotel.

I think one of the more intriguing possibilities of the original proposed site of the new hotel was the proximity to Star Wars Land. Putting a direct entrance from the new hotel into DLR through Star Wars Land would have been an amazing perk (though this was just a thought of mine and never an actual rumor).

The new spot wouldn’t allow for a direct entrance, but they did get a direct monorail stop, which is also a nice perk. However, having stayed at GCH I really like the direct entrance to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter