• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Four Seasons Timeshare on Disney Property and Value Oriented West Side

Is there anyone out there that could post one of those cool google earth maps to show me where this property is going up? I'm having a hard time picturing it's location.

THanks!

Blakely

As I must repeatly write - Disney was never interested in offering a "luxury" hotel - they want to offer show.

You keep on swinging at straw agruements without ever bothering to answer any of the real issues. WDW is not suffering because millions of Americans are demanding 600 thread count cotton sheets on their rental beds or anyother place to have a sea salt facial while having their toes steam cleaned.

People want the Real Disney again. People want to be amazed, people want to be wowed. That's why people are lining up for hours to ride 'Soaring' while 'Mission Space' begs for riders. That's why the Magic Kingdom is crammed to the rafters while Animal Kingdom closes early.

The name "Disney" used to be the label for work produced by a group of creative people - a group that could make anything they desired. From movies to theme parks to hotels.

But the Company is trying to make "Disney" a comfort brand for the overly indebted middle class. Slap the Mouse on it, it must mean "quality". The people aren't buying it. They is plenty of the low grade, corporate quality about the Disney represents these days.

But too many people still remember when Disney meant "magic" as more than a marketing slogan. That's what people really want in their lives. All the joint ventures, all the marketing, all the ferns on the Internet aren't going to change that. Millions don't find that at WDW anymore, and the trend is growing.

Ok, Let me apologize at the outset for not reading all of the skajillion posts here. I have, however, been waiting for the Four Seasons discussion to begin.

You see, I have been waiting for Anaheim to feel the affects of a TRUE and HONEST luxury offering on property.

We all love our Delux properties....the convenience to EPCOT at Christmas time, a quick boatride to the Magic Kingdom. The problem is......their definition of Delux does not match what is outside the park. Come on.....we didn't even have coffee pots as standard in the Delux resorts until a few years ago.

The reson offered here has often been....location...location....location.

Well, the Four Seasons will have location....location....location and I bet their designers have been ALL OVER WDW. I suspect the design of this new resort is going to WOW us like Disney has not in a long time. I agree, Values make a statement.....tacky and vulgar.

Now that Anaheim is going to allow REAL Delux and Luxury resorts on property, I believe their older properties...smaller rooms, less amenities are not going to stand up in comparison. Heck.....until recently we had the same bath ammenities as a Value Resort at the Beach Club. In TRUE Delux properties it's the service, style and the thousands of little touches that take you to a level above others. At Disney Delux resorts it's been....lets raise the prices each year and see how much less $$$ we can get away with spending.

We ALL love our favorite resorts......but $325 for Value Season for a small room (in comparison to what is outside the gates)....how long will they continue to get away with that??????

I suspect we are all going to be shown what a TRUE resort should look like and I suspect the service is going to blow away Disney Resorts. The Four Seasons is going to come out of the box with a big show.......can't wait to see it!

Ok, off my soap box.....calming down......being sprayed with cold water.....returning to normal now. Flame throwers on....I'm in my suit and ready!

Just remember.. that the Four Seasons "Disney" experience.. will be priced accordingly and by that I mean much higher than any of the Disney "Deluxe" experiences.

Knox

Thank you Routeman for the link. I now have a better idea of the area in discussion.

IMHO, a Four Seasons is a Four Seasons. Just like a Ritz Carlton is a Ritz Carlton no matter where you stay. They all look the same. I don't see Four Seasons coming in and doing anything significantly different than their other resorts. I think this hotel is going to be geared at people who want to stay at a four star hotel but still be at Disney. I think this customer will enjoy leaving the hustle and bustle of a "on site" resort for their retreat at the Four Seasons.

Blakely

Just remember.. that the Four Seasons "Disney" experience.. will be priced accordingly and by that I mean much higher than any of the Disney "Deluxe" experiences.

Knox

Perhaps - but it will be nice to have an HONEST Delux on property as a choice. It will finally give the Holiday Inn style Disney Delux resorts a lesson or two.

Next - we can watch for the moderate hotel section to open......I suspect they will offer more than a Disney Delux.

Disney doesn't consider anyone else competition which is why they offer less in their resort hotels then those outside. Now they will have some honest competition - nothing but good news for us as they learn this lesson they brought on themselves.

This is why the Grand Californian - and other Disney resorts in DL offer more than their Florida sisters - they simply have too much competition within a quick walk from their doorstep. The service alone out there is a pleasure to experience.

Maybe. I looked at a room for 5 nights in June at the Four Seasons for two resorts in Hawaii ($345 and $445/night) and Vegas ($275/night); no rooms in June in Palm Beach but was $695/night in July.

On Disney.com I was offered a Garden View room at the GF for $489/night.

Maybe. I looked at a room for 5 nights in June at the Four Seasons for two resorts in Hawaii ($345 and $445/night) and Vegas ($275/night); no rooms in June in Palm Beach but was $695/night in July.

And a standard Delux room in Value Season is $325 ---- people will RUN to a true Luxury resort for a mere $345. Once they experience true pampering.....it will be hard to take that step backward!

My husband is a perfect example. We love to cruise and have been very happy in our standard balcony cabins. Last summer we cruised (and were married) in Alaska. We treated ourselves to a fabulous suite. Now the standard balcony cabin is a thing of the past!

GF is being discounted because room reservations are down (Disney never gives $$$ away unless they absolutely have to)....but who is surprised with the current economy. If you compare apples to apples with the rack rate for the GF.....the Four Seasons is an even BETTER deal - with better services and amenities!

You can't compare Four Seasons resorts in other locations. You'll have to wait and see what the Four Seasons @ Disney charging before making this comparison. ALtho, I'd bet the Palm Beach pricing is closer to the Disney pricing than anything else you noted.

I'd bet the farm, the tractor, the plow, the cow and the farmhand that milks said cow each day, that the prices at Four Seasons Disney will be some of the highest that Four Seasons charges.

Remember.. Disney is extracting their pound of flesh from this deal and that bill will have to be paid somehow.

Knox

You can't compare Four Seasons resorts in other locations. You'll have to wait and see what the Four Seasons @ Disney charging before making this comparison. ALtho, I'd bet the Palm Beach pricing is closer to the Disney pricing than anything else you noted.

I'd bet the farm, the tractor, the plow, the cow and the farmhand that milks said cow each day, that the prices at Four Seasons Disney will be some of the highest that Four Seasons charges.

Remember.. Disney is extracting their pound of flesh from this deal and that bill will have to be paid somehow.

Knox

Sad for us. My hubby is an ABC castmember so we will not be able to take advantage of this....unless I use points from my travels.

It will be nice for Disney to have the competition.....they have become a little "big for their britches" with price increases the last few years.

I suspect their lobby bathrooms will not be as smelly as the BC's can be!

Do you think the market is there to support that? Rooms at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes for that same week are available for $309/night. How much more can Four Seasons charge for its location?

Do you think the market is there to support that? Rooms at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes for that same week are available for $309/night. How much more can Four Seasons charge for its location?

I haven't the foggiest.. but (in a rare change of roles where I assume the worst) I'm sure that Disney will push Four Seasons to find exactly what that upper limit is... Certainly Disney itself can charge MUCH higher rates than $309 a night for a basic "deluxe" room so I bet Four Seasons can charge a lot more than that too.. probably more than Disney based on this location, the services, amenities and perks expected.

I am aware of some guests who would GLADLY spend $800 (or MORE) a night for a decent, true four-star resort on Disney property with "true" concierge service for example. I'm not one incidentally.

The Ritz-Carleton Orlando Grande Lakes doesn't offer a boat/launch to the Magic Kingdom for example. Of course we don't know that this new FS resort will offer that .. but it is an example of the kind of guest amenities that can potentially be offered as a perk based on this location.

Obviously Four Seasons sees a market for the resort and both the fraction and full ownership of the private homes to be offered adjacent to that area ... and current blip in the economy aside, good times will come again and I'd also bet those good times will start hitting about the time construction is complete on this property.

Knox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter