New Issue with the buses as well as an old one

Okay so I clearly don't agree with the law. I think it's childish. That's my opinion. If there isn't room for us so be it...let the rest load. I also don't think we should get on before people who were there before us.

We were JUST at Disney and had ZERO problems with riding spaceship earth.

I am closing this thread at this time to allow things to cool off.

If you have not read it before, I would suggest reading SueM’s Open letter, which is one of the threads stuck near the top of this board.

I am also posting a link to the Board Guidelines, especially note the guideline about fighting and calling names - which is not allowed.

I did not have time for a long post before, so addressing a lot of things now.
If there is any more name calling, the thread will be re-closed and points will be given to those who are not playing nice.

I can see several reasons for requiring backpacks to be removed, but there are situations where critical thinking needs to be involved instead of just requiring every backpack to be taken off. There are situations (as already mentioned) where the backpack needs to stay on, is so difficult to take off and on that it doesn’t make sense to take it off or can’t be removed by a person who is alone on the bus.
We started taking DD’s backpack off while getting on the WDW buses and having her strapped down several years for these reasons, which may be part of the reason why the change is being made:
  • On buses with lifts, there are moving parts behind you when you back onto the lift. I got the back sole of my backless shoe caught once as the lift started up; before the driver could stop the lift, my heel got badly scraped with quite a bit of skin scraped off. After that, we took the bag off the back of DD’s wheelchair and I make sure I am not anywhere near the back of the lift.
  • The backpack on some wheelchairs/ECVs make the total length longer than 48 inches ( 48 inches is the size allowed).
  • As Bill mentioned, for some people, the weight of the backpack makes their front wheels lift off the ground when using the ramps.
  • It is difficult for the driver to work around a backpack to hook the back tiedown straps. Sometimes they can’t see what they are doing and are reaching blindly, especially for the straps nearest the wall. We started to always take the backpack off when one driver told us it was “OK to only use 3 straps” because he could not easily reach to get the strap on the wall side secured.
  • We have noticed the tiedown and unfasten process goes considerably faster without DD’s backpack on.
  • I’m sure there are more reasons, but these were the good reasons I could see for taking backpacks off.
  • As I already mentioned, there are reasonable things to make exceptions for, but the majority of guests with wheelchairs/ECVs and backpacks probably can remove the backpack or have someone in their party remove the backpack with little trouble.
As a parent of 2 kids in wheelchairs I noticed that there were changes that made Disney less wheelchair friendly to families with more then one wheelchair. Used to be I could roll both chairs on the boats in it’s a small world but not anymore only one chair is allowed in the boat “for the safety of the cast member”. So now I have to roll one chair on and have that kid transfer out and the oldest one roll on. Not allowed to have 2 chairs in the loading are for thunder mountain so I have to carry my 78 pound child and throw her into a seat. Buzz Lightyear my youngest used to roll onto the wheelchair accessible car transfer out of her chair into the seat and her sister would wheel in and stay in her chair. Now they have to call and have permission to have 2 chairs on the stopped belt. Spaceship earth won’t even let them both ride at the same time because they can’t walk. It just seems that there is less and less common sense being used by Disney where full time disabled people are involved.
Regarding Small World - when the load/unload area was renovated recently, they got new boats. When we rode the new boats for the first time in April 2011, we pulled DD’s wheelchair all the way to the front, as we had previously. The CM stopped us and told us the front of the wheelchair had to be behind the yellow line on the floor. There is a second yellow line on the floor of the boat behind that and the wheelchair has to fit between the 2 lines.
Since the wheelchair is further back in the boat (even with the second row of seats, not even with the first row like it was in the old boats), there is only room for one wheelchair. My guess is that they had some kind of incident when a wheelchair was all the way to the front in the old boat - possibly when hit from behind, which does happen fairly often (and fairly hard) when the boats get backed up. There were several times on the old boat where DD’s wheelchair was pushed all the way to the front and did tip up on the back wheels when our boat was hit. If I had not been holding the chair down, the front wheels may have bumped over the front ‘wall’ of the boat since it is not very high. So, my guess is that it has very little or nothing to do with “safety of the cast member” but has to do with guest safety.
This picture shows the new boat and both the yellow lines.
P1020721.JPG

The small picture doesn’t show both lines well, but you should be able to click here and see a bigger picture.
You can also see that a wheelchair parked behind the farthest yellow line would be in the part of the boat that has the ‘door area’ and no sides.

My family has never been on Spaceship Earth when 2 people who could not walk were on the same cycle as we were. (My DD can’t walk). I do know that there have been situations where people waiting in the handicapped boarding area at Spaceship Earth were led on out of order to avoid having 2 people who could not walk be on the same cycle. This has not just been recent, but has happened multiple times over the years.
I do know from talking to greeter CMs there that there are limits to how many people who will need to be evacuated in an emergency can be on at one time. There are also specific points in the ride path that one group needs to have passed before they can load another group.
Even though some people who can’t walk could probably crawl down, I don’t think that would be allowed because others might not see them and trip.

For Buzz Lightyear, it would make sense for them to call and get approval for 2 wheelchairs to be on the belt at one time before you get to the point of loading. There should be something they can do to expedite that.
I did some research on the bus ramp requirements and while a fixed ramp normally requires the 1:12 rule the bus ramp rules are a bit different. The 1991 rules, which I think are still in effect, vary based on how high above a 6 inch curb the bus is. So for example a bus that is 3 inches above the curb would have a minimum of 1:4. But a bus 3-6 inches above the curb requires a 1:6, 6-9 inches above the curb is 1:8 and 9 inches above the curb is 1:12. I'd guess the reasoning is that the longer the ramp is the more shallow the slope.

But in the 1991 rules a bus that opens onto the roadway level and not at a curb can have a slope as steep as 1:4 no matter how long the ramp is. So the ramps for the buses that open onto the road can be 3 times as steep as a normal ramp. No wonder I have problems with them!

The new proposed rules will require at least a 1:6 rise on all ramps. This will probably mean a 1:6 on roadways and a much easier ramp on curbs. It's still not great because it's twice as steep as a "normal" ramp but at least it's better than the 1:4.

http://www.federalregister.gov/arti...bility-guidelines-for-transportation-vehicles
That is true, the longer the ramp, the more shallow the slope.
I have noticed that on our personal ramp van. We are able to turn kneeling on and off. Situations where we might turn it off include:
  • the van is close to a curb and we don’t want to risk the door being scraped as it opens.
  • the curb is high and if the van was kneeled, the ramp would actually be going uphill when it opened.
If I forget to turn kneeling back on again, I really can tell the difference the next time we park in a place without a curb. The angle is much steeper.
If the ramp was longer, the angle would be less steep.
Some of the WDW buses seem to have shorter ramps than other kinds, so some might be steeper to use than others.
hear a you tube video it from 2008 from mk of the gillig buses which is tone of the new low floor buses. It shows a family pushing a wheelchair on the bus with a bag on the back. It also show well atleast it looks to me that the bus can kneel because after he loads them he tilts the bus back and goes to the front and you see the buses move down but i could be wrong.

it also good if you never rode a bus at home how they load you so you know what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zxDFPPnIFE&feature=related
Good find of video - too bad it’s night time.
I can tell you for sure that the WDW buses do kneel - or some sort of tilt to the the side to make the ‘door’ side closer to the ground. This makes the angle of the ramp less steep. You can hear kind of a hissing sound on the video that is part of the process and you can see it kneeling at about timepoint 46-48 and again at around 51 to 52 or so. (It also looks like 8 people got on with the person in the wheelchair, which is not typical).

WDW has a variety of different ground conditions that the buses stop at. Some have higher curbs, some have lower curbs and some areas have no curb at all. The ramp would be steepest to come up on in the areas with no curb. Combine no curb with one of the shorter ramps and it will be fairly steep.
Last trip when I was getting on and off the bus at the MK there was little room to clear the ramp. I looked at where the bus was parked and it was was parked correctly. It appeared as if the metal gates were closer. Has anyone else noticed this?
On our last 2 trips to WDW (Oct 2010 and April 2011), they were doing some construction at MK bus stops. It appeared that they were possibly getting rid of the wheelchair waiting areas and extending the areas of railing.
If they did that, the metal gates/railings would be closer, so you would have much less room to clear the ramp.
We did notice that at Epcot, where they had already completed renovations of the bus waiting areas.
THis is a picture of the OKW bus stop at Epcot, where the previous wheelchair waiting area was removed and once you get into the line, there is no way out until you reach the front of the line.
WorldClient.jpg

"Also when they load 5 people from the disability spot to ride the ride none of them should be able to walk down the stairs unassisted if they can they don't need disability access."

That statement is rude in my opinion. That is suggesting that my kids who can walk up and down stairs do not belong in the disability access area. WRONG!

When they load us they are loading 7 people. There is 1 infant. There are 3 adult sized people. There are 3 kids...2 with physical issues and 1 with Aspergers.

I'm reading the sentence as it is and I'm sorry but I find it ignorant and slightly offensive. The number of stairs my children can do has nothing to do with their right to use the disability access entrance.

I'm not new to the world of disabilities or boards. I am new to seeing people with disabilities in their lives draw lines as to who deserves what and when.
THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER arguments like this allowed.
The original poster clarified the statement quoted above in this later post:
Sorry about that I thought I put a scooter or wheelchair and disability access. My point is on one ride cycle I doubt if half the people on it would be able to do the stairs without assistance. Even parents with more then 2 small children would have a hard time evacuating but they don't stop and make them ride different cycles. The whole point of the post is that Disney continues to make changes that don't make sense like the backpack issue on buses.

Sorry the Ada and the Dot would have to disagree with you about the bus issue they don't find their rules to be childish.

Yep, not an ADA requirement but how some municipalities have chosen to avoid accusations of denying equal access. In Berkeley, CA for years (I don't know if it still happens) if a bus arrived with a broken lift at a stop with a passenger who needed it, the bus would not go on until a replacement arrived. It was a matter of, "if we ruin everyone's day then we can't be accused of discrimination."

Actually, as was posted earlier in the thread (I've just copied one post), it is NOT an ADA requirement or DOT rule.

So, we don't know their opinion on the rule (well, we do know enough that they have not chosen to implement any such rule).

Sue thanks for all you do on here I tried looking for another video but that best one I can find. Yes the driver can tilt the bus it looks like he tilted it to much and corrected himself so I think it depends on the driver some might tilt it more then others. So you might find some a little steeper then others.

Actually, as was posted earlier in the thread (I've just copied one post), it is NOT an ADA requirement or DOT rule.

So, we don't know their opinion on the rule (well, we do know enough that they have not chosen to implement any such rule).

Wich post you referring to not trying to start a fight but this is your first post on this thread so not sure if you was referring to someone else post.

If I am wrong then I am wrong it was impression it was a Ada rules well if ot then it Disney policy and they don't need to explain why they do it.

Wich post you referring to not trying to start a fight but this is your first post on this thread so not sure if you was referring to someone else post.

If I am wrong then I am wrong it was impression it was a Ada rules well if ot then it Disney policy and they don't need to explain why they do it.

I'd been following the thread, but didn't post until now. There are a couple of posts about it (some are long, which is why I didn't want to quote them all). Hopefully this thread of partial quotes makes sense (you can go read the full quotes, upthread, if you are still confused).

1) Usually a bus can only hold a certain number of wheelchairs (dependent on the number of wheelchair spaces and tie downs they have on the bus), and I believe at WDW it is 2-3 per bus. If the bus you were trying to enter had all of their wheelchair spaces occupied, then you would have to wait for another bus. If however there were spaces available for AB people on that bus, I don't see why they should have to wait for YOU (with extra needs) to find a bus that had accessible seating areas open. Hopefully the bus driver for the full bus will radio in that there is a WC user waiting for a bus and have someone pick you up quickly. It would be a shame for a bus to leave 1/2 empty (or worse yet without picking ANYONE up, since technically WC's should load first) b/c "equal access" means that if you can't load then no one can!

This ended up in the ADA law because companies were not religious about sending another vehicle forthwith when a wheelchair guest was pushed aside.

The driver can take his sweet time negotiating with others to move away from the back door to let a wheelchair rider on. He would not be violating the ADA law if he did not depart until the next bus arrived for the wheelchair guest.

AB = able bodied

There is nothing in the ADA that says what you wrote.
A bus driver had told me and sent me a link to a federal transportation law about buses. I lost the link and can no longer find it so I don't have a 'source of truth' for that information. It was NEVER in the ADA though.
The main points were if a bus pulled up to a stop, a person with a wheelchair Was waiting, but could not be loaded onto the bus, that bus was considered "full" at that stop and could not load any other passengers at that stop.

Yep, not an ADA requirement but how some municipalities have chosen to avoid accusations of denying equal access. In Berkeley, CA for years (I don't know if it still happens) if a bus arrived with a broken lift at a stop with a passenger who needed it, the bus would not go on until a replacement arrived. It was a matter of, "if we ruin everyone's day then we can't be accused of discrimination."

I'd been following the thread, but didn't post until now. There are a couple of posts about it (some are long, which is why I didn't want to quote them all). Hopefully this thread of partial quotes makes sense (you can go read the full quotes, upthread, if you are still confused).

Okay thanks I read them all and sue basically said the same thing I did but didn't say it was Ada rules so my point is still valid you can quote who ever you want. The end result is that once the spots for wheelchairs are full then the bus is filled. I said that to the other poster because they was being having a hard time understanding why they would do send a bus half empty may be I miss spoke about it being Ada rules.

It okay we don't need to keep going back and fourth the op topic has been hyjacked enough. We not going to agree you have your opion and I have mine and that fine I don't need to be right all the time just some of the time:thumbsup2. Have a good night and enjoy your next trip to Disney world.

Okay thanks I read them all and sue basically said the same thing I did but didn't say it was Ada rules so my point is still valid you can quote who ever you want. The end result is that once the spots for wheelchairs are full then the bus is filled. I said that to the other poster because they was being having a hard time understanding why they would do send a bus half empty may be I miss spoke about it being Ada rules.

It okay we don't need to keep going back and fourth the op topic has been hyjacked enough. We not going to agree you have your opion and I have mine and that fine I don't need to be right all the time just some of the time:thumbsup2. Have a good night and enjoy your next trip to Disney world.

Okay. But it isn't actually a matter of opinion (although many things on this thread are). You said it was a an ADA and DOT rule. It is not. This is not something one can "agree to disagree" about. It is a fact. And your statement was wrong.

What one could argue about is whether or not WDW should have implement such a rule and whether or not they should enforce it.

Personally, I think that there has to be a better way to address the problem then "making everyone miserable because one person is miserable" (to paraphrase another poster). However, I'm not sure what that would be.

I do have a question though. Does the rule (as it pertains to WDW) address when the person in the wheelchair got there? Does it make a difference if (had they been able bodied) they'd be first in line versus they would have been 40th in line or even far back enough in line that they wouldn't have gotten on the bus anyway? If the rule is applied (and the bus leaves half full) and two more people in ECVs arrive between the time that the first bus left and the second arrives, and, thus, one is left behind, does that mean that none of the able bodied can board the bus (including those who had been there when the first bus was there)? I'm just trying to understand how the rule is supposed to work.

Sue thanks for all you do on here I tried looking for another video but that best one I can find. Yes the driver can tilt the bus it looks like he tilted it to much and corrected himself so I think it depends on the driver some might tilt it more then others. So you might find some a little steeper then others.
It’s hard to tell from the video, but it looks like the driver actually tilted it a bit more the second time.
It is typical when we ride the bus that the driver does do a bit of start and stop.
I was talking about separate kinds of buses that have ramps. The ramp in the video partly folds out. There are also other types of ramp buses at WDW that work a bit differently.
Some of those ramps seem shorter, which makes them steeper.

This should end the discussion about order of loading -

I should have clarified further. I wrote that I no longer had a ‘source of truth’ for the bus loading being a law. So, I don’t know whether or not it is true.
I do know that it is not and has never been part of the ADA.
So, if it gets brought up, I do say now that I can’t say it is true or not. That is the sentence I missed when I posted earlier.

A long time ago, a bus driver wrote me the information about buses being considered ‘full’ if no wheelchairs could be loaded at that stop. He also sent me a link, which I read that gave that information.
I lost the link a long time ago and have tried many ways to find it again. I was never able to find it again and the bus driver who supplied it to me originally was also not able to find it.
So, I have no ‘source of truth’. If it was a current law, I should be able to find it. Since I can’t, I can’t say whether it was a law that was repealed and is no longer on the internet, if it never existed as a federal law or whether it was some kind of local law (as another poster suggested).
In hindsight, I believe it was probably related to municipal bus service (not places like WDW) and had to do with encouraging bus companies to have enough accessible buses and to fix equipement on a timely basis when it got broken.

As I recall, the link I read referred to guests waiting at the stop when the bus arrived (not arriving after loadind had begun).

It’s hard to tell from the video, but it looks like the driver actually tilted it a bit more the second time.
It is typical when we ride the bus that the driver does do a bit of start and stop.
I was talking about separate kinds of buses that have ramps. The ramp in the video partly folds out. There are also other types of ramp buses at WDW that work a bit differently.
Some of those ramps seem shorter, which makes them steeper.

This should end the discussion about order of loading -

I should have clarified further. I wrote that I no longer had a ‘source of truth’ for the bus loading being a law. So, I don’t know whether or not it is true.
I do know that it is not and has never been part of the ADA.
So, if it gets brought up, I do say now that I can’t say it is true or not. That is the sentence I missed when I posted earlier.

A long time ago, a bus driver wrote me the information about buses being considered ‘full’ if no wheelchairs could be loaded at that stop. He also sent me a link, which I read that gave that information.
I lost the link a long time ago and have tried many ways to find it again. I was never able to find it again and the bus driver who supplied it to me originally was also not able to find it.
So, I have no ‘source of truth’. If it was a current law, I should be able to find it. Since I can’t, I can’t say whether it was a law that was repealed and is no longer on the internet, if it never existed as a federal law or whether it was some kind of local law (as another poster suggested).

I think it was the gillg bus in the video because the nova ramp slides down instead of fold out like the one in the video. Because their another video of a Gillg bus unloading and it has the same fold out ramp.

I've been reading this thread & it has gotten me totally confused. I've been trying to find out all I can about using the buses with a scooter so I can decide if we want to rent a car or not. I've just recently become disabled so I'm not as experienced with ADA laws & making sure they're all followed. I've been to WDW with my scooter but we rented a car. I just don't want the fact that I'm in a scooter to inconvenience anyone else. If the buses can only hold 2 ECV or WC at a time then it would seem like a terrible waste of everyone's time & a waste of fuel to run a half full bus. Is that what everyone is saying should happen just to make everything equal? Unless all buses could hold unlimited WC or ECV's I don't see how it's practical to try to make everything equal. I would hate to be in a line waiting for a bus on my scooter & because they didn't have room for me, everyone behind me had to wait too...I'd feel like my disability had inconvenienced everyone. I don't expect everything to be equal for me. Please, don't get mad at me for saying this. Maybe I'd feel different if I'd been dealing with being in a WC my whole life. I'm just so confused by all this that I'm about to give up on the idea of using the buses & just rent a car.

I've been reading this thread & it has gotten me totally confused. I've been trying to find out all I can about using the buses with a scooter so I can decide if we want to rent a car or not. I've just recently become disabled so I'm not as experienced with ADA laws & making sure they're all followed. I've been to WDW with my scooter but we rented a car. I just don't want the fact that I'm in a scooter to inconvenience anyone else. If the buses can only hold 2 ECV or WC at a time then it would seem like a terrible waste of everyone's time & a waste of fuel to run a half full bus. Is that what everyone is saying should happen just to make everything equal? Unless all buses could hold unlimited WC or ECV's I don't see how it's practical to try to make everything equal. I would hate to be in a line waiting for a bus on my scooter & because they didn't have room for me, everyone behind me had to wait too...I'd feel like my disability had inconvenienced everyone. I don't expect everything to be equal for me. Please, don't get mad at me for saying this. Maybe I'd feel different if I'd been dealing with being in a WC my whole life. I'm just so confused by all this that I'm about to give up on the idea of using the buses & just rent a car.

One I was wrong about it being law sorry if it caused you any problems it might have caused. Please don't worry if you have to wait or if other have to wait your at Disney your their to have fun and Disney will get you another bus as quick as they can. When they can't take more ECV they call dispatch and they send another bus to the location so you don't have to wait fo the next bus schudleed to pick up.

No, they don’t do that.

Previously, there was a marked spot for guests using wheelchairs and ECVs to wait outside of the regular line.
That meant they were very visible to the driver and the wheelchairs and/or ECVs were loaded first. That is easier than loading on a bus with other guests already on the bus.

The bus stops at the parks are being slowly converted to a wider line that is wheelchair accessible and the separate place to wait is no longer marked.
Some of the stops have an opening where the front door of the bus will be when it stops and a chained ‘door’ about where the back door would be.

Some of the stops, like OKW’s stops that I posted a picture of, have no way to get out of the line once you enter until you get to the very front - by the front door of the bus. In those lines, someone could be waiting in the line with a wheelchair or ECV, but by the time they reach the front of the line, the bus is too full for them to be loaded. That can happen even if there is still space for other passengers to get onto the bus. When that happens at those kind of bus stops, they move aside and people who were in line after them will get onto the bus.
That’s the part that people are saying is not fair to guests with wheelchairs and ECVs.
That is also why people are confused - because there seems to be no set way to deal with things right now. Some people get into line and are told they should not have and others don’t get in line and are told they should have.

Honestly, though, if you avoid the busiest travel times, you will probably have little trouble. The bus lines are the busiest and people are least patient with other guests at times like right after a parade and right after the park closes when everyone wants to leave.
If you hold back and wait, even 15 -20 minutes, you will have a much easier time getting out because most of the crowds will have thinned. That also means the first couple of buses will have left and the crowds for the buses will be much smaller. You may even be the only people in line for a while.

One I was wrong about it being law sorry if it caused you any problems it might have caused. Please don't worry if you have to wait or if other have to wait your at Disney your their to have fun and Disney will get you another bus as quick as they can. When they can't take more ECV they call dispatch and they send another bus to the location so you don't have to wait fo the next bus schudleed to pick up.

I'm only worried about causing other people to wait. When discussing whether to rent a car or use the buses, my husband & I realize that we'll just not be in any hurry if we use the buses. I don't mind waiting. I do have a daughter with 2 young children & I know what it's like waiting for buses with 2 tired children. I certainly don't want to be the cause of some young family waiting longer.

Just so ya know, sometimes a young family may have a child in a w/c or as in our case a "young" mom (me)or dad that requires an ECV. And speaking as one of them, I don't think it's fair that we would have to wait longer with our own tired kids just because a driver didn't see us before they filled the back of the bus, even if we were there. So it is a problem that needs to be addressed. That being said, because of all the issues with busses (and having two kiddos w/ special needs) we find it easier to drive- but I don't feel others in our situation should have to just because they can't get equal access.

Just so ya know, sometimes a young family may have a child in a w/c or as in our case a "young" mom (me)or dad that requires an ECV. And speaking as one of them, I don't think it's fair that we would have to wait longer with our own tired kids just because a driver didn't see us before they filled the back of the bus, even if we were there. So it is a problem that needs to be addressed. That being said, because of all the issues with busses (and having two kiddos w/ special needs) we find it easier to drive- but I don't feel others in our situation should have to just because they can't get equal access.

I didn't mean to imply that all disabled people are old like me. I understand your situation & know it must be difficult waiting for buses. I'm just trying to figure all this out. It's all new to me. Until recently, I rode the buses, even if my husband had to give me a good shove to get me up those steep stairs. The last time I rode...when I was able to walk...I ended up standing & almost didn't make it. I'm just not finding things to be equal anywhere. Planning trips is much more difficult as I'm sure you've experienced.

What? If there's room on the bus for regular people and not a wheelchair why wouldn't you let others on? Sometimes we have to wait in life and that's just well...life.

So send a partially full bus? Childish.

If there had been other wheelchairs and if the bus had been loaded to the point that there was standing room only i would have had no problem with others boarding but the way it is being done at present, wheelchair users will have to wait for a second bus unless they are the very first group in line.
THIS IS NOT EQUALITY. I was near enough to the front of the line to have been loaded on the first bus and should not have been asked to wait for the next bus. In that situation then yes, I do expect that no one else be loaded. Is is no childish but EQUALITY.

Because of the transportation hassles we will probably be staying offsite on future trips. Sad because I lose the independence I had staying onsite. Cheaper rooms, free wifi and no hassle because my husband will be driving our ramp equipped van. Sounds better than transportation hassles and expensive DSL Disney is providing.

If there had been other wheelchairs and if the bus had been loaded to the point that there was standing room only i would have had no problem with others boarding but the way it is being done at present, wheelchair users will have to wait for a second bus unless they are the very first group in line.
THIS IS NOT EQUALITY. I was near enough to the front of the line to have been loaded on the first bus and should not have been asked to wait for the next bus. In that situation then yes, I do expect that no one else be loaded. Is is no childish but EQUALITY.

Because of the transportation hassles we will probably be staying offsite on future trips. Sad because I lose the independence I had staying onsite. Cheaper rooms, free wifi and no hassle because my husband will be driving our ramp equipped van. Sounds better than transportation hassles and expensive DSL Disney is providing.

Everything can't always be 100% equal and fair. It's life. I have disabled kids and just don't expect things to always be equal and fair. We were on a bus once and we were told we had to stand so they could bring a scooter on. Our daughter's stoller isn't the type that be strapped in so we lost our seats. Is that fair? There were no other seats. So we stood so that somebody behind us in line could have a "seat". Their disability was more important than my daughter's. Even crappier....they accommodated the adult who could have waited and too bad for the small child. That's not fair but life is not fair.

Life isn't fair and that's really okay most of the time.

Everything can't always be 100% equal and fair. It's life. I have disabled kids and just don't expect things to always be equal and fair. We were on a bus once and we were told we had to stand so they could bring a scooter on. Our daughter's stoller isn't the type that be strapped in so we lost our seats. Is that fair? There were no other seats. So we stood so that somebody behind us in line could have a "seat". Their disability was more important than my daughter's. Even crappier....they accommodated the adult who could have waited and too bad for the small child. That's not fair but life is not fair.

Life isn't fair and that's really okay most of the time.

The bus issue you mention seems to be a law. There are signs posted above those seats about them needing to be used to tie down wheelchairs/ecvs. It was not a case of one person's disability over anothers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter