• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
That’s a big garden!

Two years ago, I bought a strawberry jar. Last year we were away in the spring, and there were a few berries, but mostly the birds got the fruit. I decided to see what would happen ..... the wet early spring this year caused the plants to spread, over to a hard to get to area between my ramp and the fence. However, we are getting strawberries! I have to pick before they are truly red, or slugs and birds feast, but I’ve picked about a cup and a half of strawberries each morning! Once the crop is over, I will be ripping out the plants, that’s not a job I am looking forward to doing.

I have three 36’x4’ raised beds, still not enough room. :rotfl2:

I wanted to try strawberries again this year. I had a nice bed a few years ago that the deer destroyed and I haven’t replanted since. With the cold spring and my procrastination......ah maybe next year.:-)

I have three 36’x4’ raised beds, still not enough room. :rotfl2:

I wanted to try strawberries again this year. I had a nice bed a few years ago that the deer destroyed and I haven’t replanted since. With the cold spring and my procrastination......ah maybe next year.:-)

Wow you ARE quite the gardener! We live in the house my DFIL & DMIL built, my DFIL used to have a very large garden in the back yard. My DH & I aren't really vegetable gardeners. We do better with landscape gardening. I thought I was doing something with my one Q cumber plant, two tomato plants and two pepper plants LOL! How do you go to FL in the summer with such a large garden? Do you hire someone to take care of it?

It’s such a Gorgeous day today! I have been outside since 11:30 and i’m actually a little sunburned! (Jersey sunburned - not Florida sunburned) 🙁 Better than nothing, I guess! Hope everyone is enjoying the day! ☀ 🙂

Yes it was a beautiful day but too hot for me. I don't like the hot, hot weather and we are only at the beginning...Our DGChildern are having a sleepover that started yesterday so the four of us went in the hot tub to cool off. It was a little crowded since the kids like to bounce around but it was fun and I felt very comfortable when I got out.

It looks like it's going to be another beautiful day again today. Cool enough this morning to open the windows. :thumbsup2

I spent about an hour outside this morning, meditating, feeding and watching birds and fish, and yes, picking about a cup of strawberries. I think I came up with a plan that may work. All DH has to do is buy me some paving stones that I can walk on between the railing and the fence, then I can have some strawberries next year! Another project.

I noticed rabbits are enjoying the sunflower seedlings. I think we get one real sunflower for every 25 seeds I plant.

It was perfect weather this morning! Enjoy the day!

Wow you ARE quite the gardener! We live in the house my DFIL & DMIL built, my DFIL used to have a very large garden in the back yard. My DH & I aren't really vegetable gardeners. We do better with landscape gardening. I thought I was doing something with my one Q cumber plant, two tomato plants and two pepper plants LOL! How do you go to FL in the summer with such a large garden? Do you hire someone to take care of it?

It used to be larger but I’m getting too old to keep up with more, so I actually shrunk it down this year. Hose timers take care of things when I visit Mickey. Never did get my planting done today, guess there’s always tomorrow. pooh:

Good morning NJ! Looks like another beautiful day!

DH and I are emptying and cleaning the hot tub today, has to be done. It's a perfect day for the job, not too hot or cold. This time tomorrow the tub will be back open for business. :cutie:
Yes, it’s beautiful here in Cape May as well.
I planted some seeds and plants today, but I have to wait longer to enjoy the fruits of my labor!:)

Gorgeous in Colts Neck....dreaming of having a hot tub some day! Enjoy!

We got our hot tub last year and we have enjoyed it very much. It was the lesser of two evils for my husband, a hot tub or a pool. He is much happier with the hot tub, much less work and we get much more use out of it. The tub is just about full, has to warm up before we can use it. Looking forward to tomorrow for a dip in the tub. :thumbsup2

We got our hot tub last year and we have enjoyed it very much. It was the lesser of two evils for my husband, a hot tub or a pool. He is much happier with the hot tub, much less work and we get much more use out of it. The tub is just about full, has to warm up before we can use it. Looking forward to tomorrow for a dip in the tub. :thumbsup2

We had an in ground pool for at our former home. We do not want another pool, so we feel a hot tub is the next step. We used have a two story colonial, now we have a ranch. We kind of down sized.
We are doing a lot of renovating, so hopefully in a year or two we can put a hot tub in the budget! 👍🏻😉

Good morning NJ! Looks like another beautiful day!

DH and I are emptying and cleaning the hot tub today, has to be done. It's a perfect day for the job, not too hot or cold. This time tomorrow the tub will be back open for business. :cutie:

So funny!! We went through this about 3 years ago. We surprised the kids and took them to a pool place, told them we’re installing a pool. There were hot tubs on display everywhere, and of course, they looked like a lot more fun than a boring pool. Even though we pushed back, they picked a hot tub over the pool. Although I’m happy with it because I can’t do cold water - my kids are kind of now regretting it, since they’re older and want friends to come over. We’d consider a pool again, but so hard to justify with such short summers/hot weather periods. We’ll see. In the meantime, I’m happy. 🙂

Last edited:
This is the third home we have lived in, we had pools at the previous two houses so my DH has full knowledge what it involved to have a pool. Needless to say the hot tub wins hands down in ease of care for him. I have to say that it is very nice to get into warm, not hot water, the pool always tended to be cold. Also in out climate you do get much more use throughout the year with a hot tub. :cutie:

Hi,

I've been a DIS member for a long time but have gotten used to Facebook and other means of getting info and chatting about Disney, so I haven't been on the Boards for a while. Anyways, we have 2 contracts, one at the Villas at the Grand Floridian and another at the Polynesian. We are heading to Hilton Head this August (2nd time) and we are planning a husband-wife long weekend for March. We live in Sussex County, so if you are in the Northern NJ area, say hi. LOL.

Good afternoon! Today for old times sake, we went up to Seaside, to celebrate the day we met where we met. Yes, it was 54 years ago and time flies!

Anyway, it’s busy in Seaside! We shared a pizza outside at a friends back yard. There were 5 of us, the largest crowd DH and I have been in since this pandemic began!

Hi,

I've been a DIS member for a long time but have gotten used to Facebook and other means of getting info and chatting about Disney, so I haven't been on the Boards for a while. Anyways, we have 2 contracts, one at the Villas at the Grand Floridian and another at the Polynesian. We are heading to Hilton Head this August (2nd time) and we are planning a husband-wife long weekend for March. We live in Sussex County, so if you are in the Northern NJ area, say hi. LOL.

Welcome on board! :welcome: Glad you found us!

Hi,

Welcome back. pooh:

Hi,

:welcome: Thanks for stopping in! I’ll be sure to get you up under your Home Resort!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter