New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Well I was on the verge of joining DVC but then I got a new job and now we’re moving to New Jersey and I can’t make our DVC purchase until we close on our house in NJ but anyway hi I’ll be part of this group soon 👍

:welcome:So happy to have you as a neighbor!!! Good luck with your move!!

Well I was on the verge of joining DVC but then I got a new job and now we’re moving to New Jersey and I can’t make our DVC purchase until we close on our house in NJ but anyway hi I’ll be part of this group soon 👍
Congratulations on your new job, and here’s an early Welcome to NJ. :welcome: By the way, I’m a retired Math teacher, and I like your tag! :)

Good luck buying a house here right now, market is crazy people are paying 50k over asking. Everyone is moving out of NYC and making the housing market wild.

Welcome to the neighborhood CastAStone! Will be looking forward to your always informative posts here too.

Let us know if you have any questions as you settle in to the Garden State, there are many helpful members here.

Good Luck!!

Good luck buying a house here right now, market is crazy people are paying 50k over asking. Everyone is moving out of NYC and making the housing market wild.
Thank you! Luckily for me things cooled down some since the summer, at least in the Western Morris County area where we’re moving; we actually the house we’re buying for about 10% below the initial asking price. Probably helps that we weren’t looking for a starter home either.

Crazy times though!

Thank you! Luckily for me things cooled down some since the summer, at least in the Western Morris County area where we’re moving; we actually the house we’re buying for about 10% below the initial asking price. Probably helps that we weren’t looking for a starter home either.

Crazy times though!

That is some lucky timing. Things are still flying off the "shelves" in Monmouth County - gone in a week or two for over asking.

Crazy times though!

Congrats! Good luck with the new job and smooth closing on your new house!!

I hope someone can offer their thoughts/perspective. My resale recently closed and I am anxious to make my 1st DVC reservation. Due to the 50% borrowing restriction and my June use year, I am a little short on points since I want to go in February 2021. Has anyone ever purchased transfer points? The DVC store has that option and the information on their website seems pretty straightforward. Any info is appreciated!

I hope someone can offer their thoughts/perspective. My resale recently closed and I am anxious to make my 1st DVC reservation. Due to the 50% borrowing restriction and my June use year, I am a little short on points since I want to go in February 2021. Has anyone ever purchased transfer points? The DVC store has that option and the information on their website seems pretty straightforward. Any info is appreciated!
We have done it twice, a 100 point and 150 point. We worked with Jerry at the DVC Store. It was vey simple. It took a couple of days to complete the transaction. Just make sure that the transfer points you buy are available for February. They recommend that when you get notified that the points have been transferred you call DVC to confirm that they are in your account.

Was just checking the DVC website and saw that there are no Deluxe Studios available anywhere for Sept. 30 and Oct 1, 2021. Also saw that MK theme park passes are gone for Annual Pass holders. Anyone from NJ planning on being in the MK for the anniversary on Oct 1? This has been on our radar for a long time. We have a Deluxe Studio at CCV from Sept. 27 to Oct. 2 and have our theme park passes. Hopefully things will be better by then.

We have done it twice, a 100 point and 150 point. We worked with Jerry at the DVC Store. It was vey simple. It took a couple of days to complete the transaction. Just make sure that the transfer points you buy are available for February. They recommend that when you get notified that the points have been transferred you call DVC to confirm that they are in your account.
Thank you! That's good to hear!

Was just checking the DVC website and saw that there are no Deluxe Studios available anywhere for Sept. 30 and Oct 1, 2021. Also saw that MK theme park passes are gone for Annual Pass holders. Anyone from NJ planning on being in the MK for the anniversary on Oct 1? This has been on our radar for a long time. We have a Deluxe Studio at CCV from Sept. 27 to Oct. 2 and have our theme park passes. Hopefully things will be better by then.
I have a Boardwalk view studio at BWV from 9/29-10/3 and have a MK park pass for the first.

Hey Jersey people!! I thought I’d spin off some of the former posts and create our own little ‘Jersey DVC board’, since it seems like there are A LOT of us!! It might be fun to have our own little space to chat about upcoming trips, DVC, and everything NJ 😆

I created a NJ DVC Owners list! I’ll list your screen names under your home Home Resort/s! Just include them in the comments below!!

We are from North Jersey and own at CCV, VGF and just closed Yesterday at SSR!! Our next trip Home we’ll be staying at VGF!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!!!!

*WELCOME HOME!*
Hi I am new to disboards. I have owned at Old Key West for 20 years. Can you add me to the old key west list for New Jersey. Thank you very much for making this site!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter