New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Good morning NJ. We are up extra early today. Gus needs to be anesthetized so the vet can see in an ear that has been bothering him. He is not happy because we are not feeding him breakfast.

Hi! If anyone here gets the TCNJ Magazine, I just found out they did use my note about Things We Never Lost after decluttering. I sent a picture of my college friend, Faye, and I at Blue Springs SP. I didn’t mention, but it also was a WDW vacation with Faye. If anyone gets the magazine it’s on page 5. Maybe some of you may recognize Faye, she’s very active in Seaside Park organizations.

At any rate, I am surprised to see myself in print! :)

Sorry to see we have dropped to page 2...too much censoring going on?...just sayin....:sad2:

I hope everyone is ok. It sure has been a depressing week but I guess the rain is good for mother earth.

I made a chicken pie today using a rotisserie chicken. It's in the oven now and sure does smell good and is soon to be consumed...
:thumbsup2

This past weekend we had our kids and grandkids over to celebrate October B days and for the Gkids to see "Pops" halloween decorations. My DH LOVES Halloween and goes all out with his "dummies''. Our yard is filled with them and once it's over they all go to the basement until next year. Our oldest grandson used to be afraid to visit the basement because he might run into one of Pops guys...LOL
:scared1:

I have started my Christmas shopping, mostly online. Getting excited to start decorating. I think I have too much time on my hands....

I hope everyone stays safe and well. Happy Halloween! !🎃👹

I started Christmas shopping also! There isn't going to be JackSquat left by Dec in any stores or online!

My 6 year old and I are excited to take down the Halloween and start decorating for Christmas this week. She has the week off school and since we can't go to Disney and celebrate Christmas in early November we may as well decorate at home. 🎄

MsMinnie, your decorations sound outstanding!

Well, outside sirens are just sounding, so parts of our area are flooding. It’s high tide time. :guilty:

MsMinnie, your decorations sound outstanding!

Well, outside sirens are just sounding, so parts of our area are flooding. It’s high tide time. :guilty:

Sorry to hear you may be experiencing flooding, I hope you home is ok. Well the rain has finally slowed down in my area and it’s supposed to be sunny tomorrow. I will be very happy to see the sun! 🎃 :scared1:

We did go out, because the sirens sounded many times. We learned that the road that leads to the channel with a low bridge and the docks that are before the Lobster House was quite flooded. Cars, trucks were going through, but it really had water high enough to stop some cars, we chose not to chance it.

What we learned is that we need to be cognizant of that. The higher bridge off Cape May could be our only exit off the island. Good to know that before it‘s necessay!

No homes are in danger. If you are familiar with the Lobster House, its street often becomes impassable, but that was not the case today, although water was coming up to the door of the fish market.

We did go out, because the sirens sounded many times. We learned that the road that leads to the channel with a low bridge and the docks that are before the Lobster House was quite flooded. Cars, trucks were going through, but it really had water high enough to stop some cars, we chose not to chance it.

What we learned is that we need to be cognizant of that. The higher bridge off Cape May could be our only exit off the island. Good to know that before it‘s necessay!

No homes are in danger. If you are familiar with the Lobster House, its street often becomes impassable, but that was not the case today, although water was coming up to the door of the fish market.

Glad you're ok! Yes I know where the Lobster House is located. Sad to say we never made it down to Cape May or any other shore location this year primarily due to CV19. I sure hope 2021 will be different.

Happy Halloween!!! :scared1: 🎃👹

So glad to see the sun and that NJ thread is on page 1!!!

Hope you all have a fun day today. We are going to our son's house and our DD and family will be there too with all the GKs in their halloween costumes. Should be fun.

Stay well and keep safe. 🎃

We had one family, and I had specifically invited them, saying I would make a fuss over the kids, and stay socially distanced! The big significance of this is that while we have owned this house since 1998, and have spent many Halloweens here, and we have lived full time since 2017, these are our very first Trick or Treaters at this house!!

Took a picture and shared this momentous occasion with them! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter