New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

ADR get in about 10 to 15 minutes before every one else dose.
This is not always the case. I have done this new opening 4 times since it started and each time ADR gets in around 7:45am while the rest are allowed in around 7:50. Actually this past Thursday both ADR and regular got in at the same time (7:45)

So I have not read this whole thread... but I'm assuming this means it's impossible to get the empty street pictures before the park opens? We usually always do an adr before the park opens so we can get some nice pictures. how has it been working out so far? Is it still worth getting an early adr at bog?
Thanks

Not even close Main Street will have more people on it.

This is not always the case. I have done this new opening 4 times since it started and each time ADR gets in around 7:45am while the rest are allowed in around 7:50. Actually this past Thursday both ADR and regular got in at the same time (7:45)
Yah just found out today that sometimes it depends on if they have the street clears today they were let in 5 minutes before 8 and the welcome show was just an andwment

Was having trouble searching this thread for a concrete answer, but for a standard 9am MK opening (no EMH): Are the Main Street Vehicles running before 9am at all? Or do they not begin until after the welcome show/later?

Was having trouble searching this thread for a concrete answer, but for a standard 9am MK opening (no EMH): Are the Main Street Vehicles running before 9am at all? Or do they not begin until after the welcome show/later?
This past Thursday was the first time I saw them running before 9am, they actually started around 8:30am, but you never know if it's a permanent thing or it was just that day

the show is at 9 or it was when I was down there last month I think you could get there at 8 go on 7DMT and be done by 830 go on and then maybe do space and buzz and be out maybe in time to see the opening show maybe is the key word or you can save one for after ( not 7DMT)

So at 8 are they letting you in to the castle hub area or are they holding you outside at turnstyles? Sorry for all the questions trying to wrap my brain around the morning.

I just saw the dibble decker buss go out and do a loop about 7:50 this morning with no one on it. I also saw all them out yesterday about 8:15

So at 8 are they letting you in to the castle hub area or are they holding you outside at turnstyles? Sorry for all the questions trying to wrap my brain around the morning.
They let you in to the castle hub at 8 or when all the cleaning vehicles and stuff like that is off the streets could be earlier could be latter

I'm extremely sad bc I never got to see the Welcome Show. I had it planned this past June and my dad caused us to be late every day. Boo hoo. I really wanted to experience this and I had prepped the hubs for our next trip this upcoming June (no dad to derail my plan) to be up and out in time.

With that said, it will be interesting to see how this works. I do like the idea of being on Main Street early and browsing the shops. At least Disney has a few months to tweak it before our trip and I have a few months to get my strategy set up.

I'm with you. I never got to see the welcome show. Sounds like I missed something wonderful! And what's worse, my daughter and I were just there in early December 2016, and we had an 8 am ADR for BOG, and we were so excited to get to walk through the park with it somewhat empty, but I ended up cancelling early that morning, not because I wanted to, but for a few other reasons. First, my DD had a terrible headache very early that morning and she lost a lot of sleep, and a good nights' sleep was imperitive for that day because she was performing with her theater troop in Disney Springs that afternoon. Secondly, we were staying at POP, and it was so far away, we would have had to get up super early to get her performance ready (hair, stage makeup) and then get to MK for our ADR. Poor kid just really needed her sleep, So I made a hard decision and cancelled that morning as soon as their phone lines opened. I was not charged for cancelling, so that was really nice, however, we were both really disappointed to miss out on early MK and BOG.
We are going back this December and plan on an early BOG breakfast. I suppose being that we don't know what we missed, we won't feel disappointed. However, we were hoping for an "empty" park to walk through. We are staying at the Contemporary, so at least we'll be close this time! We only stayed 3 nights with our last trip because she couldn't miss a lot of school, plus we didn't have our man with us. This time, our family will be complete and we'll be happy just getting in early! Well make the Best Of What's Around, no matter!
I hope your next trip works out for you and your hubby!

I'm with you. I never got to see the welcome show. Sounds like I missed something wonderful! And what's worse, my daughter and I were just there in early December 2016, and we had an 8 am ADR for BOG, and we were so excited to get to walk through the park with it somewhat empty, but I ended up cancelling early that morning, not because I wanted to, but for a few other reasons. First, my DD had a terrible headache very early that morning and she lost a lot of sleep, and a good nights' sleep was imperitive for that day because she was performing with her theater troop in Disney Springs that afternoon. Secondly, we were staying at POP, and it was so far away, we would have had to get up super early to get her performance ready (hair, stage makeup) and then get to MK for our ADR. Poor kid just really needed her sleep, So I made a hard decision and cancelled that morning as soon as their phone lines opened. I was not charged for cancelling, so that was really nice, however, we were both really disappointed to miss out on early MK and BOG.
We are going back this December and plan on an early BOG breakfast. I suppose being that we don't know what we missed, we won't feel disappointed. However, we were hoping for an "empty" park to walk through. We are staying at the Contemporary, so at least we'll be close this time! We only stayed 3 nights with our last trip because she couldn't miss a lot of school, plus we didn't have our man with us. This time, our family will be complete and we'll be happy just getting in early! Well make the Best Of What's Around, no matter!
I hope your next trip works out for you and your hubby!
Sounds like you made the best decision for your daughter! Yes, we are WL this time (we were at SSR last time, so yes, far away) so we will be muc closer, so it shouldn't be too hard to make it early. I'm glad you are getting another shot at BOG PPO!

user mikepizzo mentioned on the "News Round Up 2017" thread that he read an article today regarding some changes in security including the bags check tables brought further out and that Contemporary had a separate bag check for guests that walked over from there.
Hmm, that's good news! We're staying at the Contemporary this December!

Sounds like you made the best decision for your daughter! Yes, we are WL this time (we were at SSR last time, so yes, far away) so we will be muc closer, so it shouldn't be too hard to make it early. I'm glad you are getting another shot at BOG PPO!
Lol! Yes, a hard but good decision for sure. My DD was really sad too, as Belle is her favorite princess. I'm going to try not to think about what we missed, and be happy with what we get! we just know how fun it us to be in an "empty" park. On our DD's first and birthday surprise trip, we had a PPO ADR for Akershus, and we stayed at BW for that trip. Waking through the countries in Epcot with no one, and I mean no one, around you was AWESOME! Our DD was doing cartwheels through England and Canada! Special memories!

I am going to try to get a PPO BOG when it's time. I will keep reading this thread for more info! I hope you get your morning experience too!

In regards to your trip with your dad, that is what I have always feared in my mom joining us. My hubby is a go go go guy at Disney, and that fine. We like that pace. And as much as I would love for my mom to join us, she would not be able to go go go. Maybe a girls trip with grandma may have to come to fruition! Lol!

I agree...I just did a random youtube search of the old opening and there were at least 11 Main Street citizens/dancers and at least 13 Disney characters, so I def. don't think there's more characters in the new show...more princesses yes, but not more characters.

In my opinion, this feels a lot like the rope drop at DHS which I'm not a fan of.
Why couldn't they have modified the existing show? They could have kept the Good Morning song and the most Magical Place on Earth song as well as the dancers.

Agreed! I haven't seen either in person, but having just watched both on YouTube, I love the train station greeting, the countdown, the family of the day, the energy and vibe from it all!

We had a PPO reservation for BoG this morning - here's how it went.

When we checked in at the front of the park, we were given a piece of paper with a map of Main Street/Fantasyland on it and location indicators for BoG, CRT, and our second check-in point (to the left of the castle). We were let in with everyone else in line (incl. EMM) at 7:45 on the dot. We had originally planned on heading straight to BoG, but we noticed that the area in front of the castle was pretty much empty and the PP photographer closest to the castle only had one group in line. Everyone else had either stayed back on Main Street or gone ahead to breakfast.

After getting some pictures, we headed to the left and a CM checked our breakfast paper. BoG was pretty empty the whole time we were there, as opposed to how packed it was on the same Tuesday last year at the same time. At about 8:35, we went to 7DMT where there was a short line along the fence before you make the right turn to the ride (there was a CM there to hold people back).

We heard two announcements for the castle show ("in just five minutes" and "in just a few minutes") and at 8:45, they let us in to the 7DMT standby queue. By the time we got off, everyone else had already been let in and the line was long, as expected.

I don't think the new morning show affected our PPO "perks" in any way. If anything, the park felt less busy because everyone dispersed quickly.

This! This information is everything! Thank you! We had to cancel our PPO for BOG during our last trip due to illness, and my DD was so disappointed to miss the early park atmosphere. We're headed back this December and hoping to get that same ADR! Thank you for answering all my questions that I hadn't even asked! I knew if I just kept reading, I'd find my answers!

We did 2 8 am PPO breakfasts last week and one rope drop. For the breakfasts we arrived at the TTC around 7. One day we were there at 657 and no one was collecting money yet so we parked for free. We arrived at the main gates by 730 both days. We went in through the tapstiles and waited until about 745. One day was CP. We were done breakfast just after 9 so we missed rope drop. The other day was CRT. We were held waiting for 7dmt until 750 or 755. Then we were let on. We were at the back of the group and got off around 902. I don't see how you'd be able to do it twice unless you were on the first train. The line was huge by the time we were done. And people were still making their way in from the morning show.

For the morning we did the new rope drop, they let all the breakfast people in first and then us. I'd say about 5 mins later max. We were delayed on the monorail so we didn't get to the entrance until they were just letting people in. But outside of breakfast, very few people were there. We walked up main Street and took tons of photos. Most don't have crowds in them, especially when we got close to the castle. I'd say the crowd started to grow by 830. We moved to the front close to the left side entrance through the castle and went straight to PP after. We had to ditch the stroller so that probably cost us a few minutes in line. We were in and back out before 930. But I can't remember exactly how long we waited/walked there and through the line.

I hope this helps!

Can you clarify:
You had a 8 am CRT breakfast and were able to ride 7DMT at 7:50 before breakfast?

we have 8:20 CRT breakfast, maybe we should try for a ride first as well? Can you tell me where we enter CRT? Front of castle, back of castle or East or West side?

How does this work for days with Early Morning Magic? MK opens at 9:00 but we are supposed to have 7DMT, Peter Pan and Pooh for an hour.

How does this work for days with Early Morning Magic? MK opens at 9:00 but we are supposed to have 7DMT, Peter Pan and Pooh for an hour.
And how has EMM worked for a PPO BOG ressie? Are you let in @ 7:45? (8:05 ressie) can we ride anything before crowd?

Can you clarify:
You had a 8 am CRT breakfast and were able to ride 7DMT at 7:50 before breakfast?

we have 8:20 CRT breakfast, maybe we should try for a ride first as well? Can you tell me where we enter CRT? Front of castle, back of castle or East or West side?

Sorry, just saw my typo (and fixed it). We had an 8 am CRT on a 9 am opening day. They let us ride 7dmt around 850 or 855. Nothing is going at 8 am unless it's an EMM day.

You enter CRT sort of around back near the castle couture store. It's pretty well marked. We basically entered the park and went as fast as we could to the restaurant. We were the second family checked in and were seated second in the path of the princesses. We were done by 845. Would have been sooner but we stayed for the wishing ceremony as we didn't want to miss anything. We didn't rush through breakfast at all. That's how we got on 7dmt before opening.

Last edited:
I'll be at WDW next week. On my birthday 3/11, MK opens at 8am (not EMH)
Wonder if I should plan to be there by 7am?

No different than before. You're let in around 7:40-7:45ish. You get a wristband which lets you past the castle into Fantasyland. You ride 7DMT so many times your head will spin. :-)

Some folks have reported the EMM/PPO crowd being let in a little before everyone else, some have said around the same time. Won't matter for you really which way it happens.

Have fun, I love EMM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter