New Magic Kingdom Welcome Show & Main Street Opening UPDATE: Page 15 - Post #281

Waking this thread from it's nap to see if anyone was at MK for the 7am EMH yesterday - I think it was the first one since the new opening procedures and I was just curious how things went... I'm figuring that you get in maybe 5 minutes before 7am and then the opening show at 7:55? I'm traveling next week and hoping to do at least one...thanks!
I'm curious about this as well. On kenny the pirate crowd calendar hours it shows the new Welcome Show at 7:40am during the EMH hours (EMH opens at 8).

Waking this thread from it's nap to see if anyone was at MK for the 7am EMH yesterday - I think it was the first one since the new opening procedures and I was just curious how things went... I'm figuring that you get in maybe 5 minutes before 7am and then the opening show at 7:55? I'm traveling next week and hoping to do at least one...thanks!
Yes,"Let The Magic Begin"was at 7:55 AM.:)

Courtesy of OTPN
ebcOyGnL.png

Still confused about the Extra Magic Hour entry for guests staying onsite. If you are let in 1 hour before park opening are you let in beyond the castle to go on rides or do you just get earlier entry as far as the Castle for the Let the Magic begin show? Is there still any advantage to EMH or does it just get you down Main St earlier? Thanks for any replies. I am a DVC member trying to plan for a trip with kids and grand kids and last traveled to WDW in 2014.

If you are let in 1 hour before park opening are you let in beyond the castle to go on rides
Yes,EMH-eligible Guests are allowed into Fantasyland and Tomorrowland at 8:00 AM as usual.

"Let the Magic Begin" is at 8:55 AM on both regular and AM EMH days.:)

Last edited:
Still confused about the Extra Magic Hour entry for guests staying onsite. If you are let in 1 hour before park opening are you let in beyond the castle to go on rides or do you just get earlier entry as far as the Castle for the Let the Magic begin show? Is there still any advantage to EMH or does it just get you down Main St earlier? Thanks for any replies. I am a DVC member trying to plan for a trip with kids and grand kids and last traveled to WDW in 2014.

Yes, I was there last week and did 3 MK EMHs - two at 7am and one at 8am. It appeared that everyone was allowed onto Main Street at the same time (5 or 10 minutes before the hour) and then they had CMs checking bands at the Fantasyland entrance - they were probably at the Tomorrowland entrance too, but I can't confirm that as I was at the Fantasyland entrance! I had every intention of doubling back to see the new welcome show, but never quite made it!

Thank you very, very much to both of you for the quick reply. You have been most helpful. It appears that EMH days are the best choice to make since we are traveling Thanksgiving week when ride wait time will probably be extra long. I wanted to avoid some of the big rush with my grand kids (all under 7).

Thank you very, very much to both of you for the quick reply. You have been most helpful. It appears that EMH days are the best choice to make since we are traveling Thanksgiving week when ride wait time will probably be extra long. I wanted to avoid some of the big rush with my grand kids (all under 7).

If they have a 7am EMH that week and you can get there (although not so easy sometimes with the under 7 set), it will probably be worth the effort! I had never done one before and it was amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter