***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

You can after you've used your first three, if the other is still available. This has been a heated topic of discussion for many months now. ;)

I've been away for a bit...so additional FP+ pays no heed to tiering now? Makes sense, I guess...

I'm officially frustrated with MDE!!! Yep took me a little while to catch up with the others but here I am ready to throw things :headache:

DH and I went in Sept, we had a beautiful wonderful experience with Magic Bands, FP+, and even the app worked perfect for us.

Saturday I booked a family trip that has 2 rooms-DH and I in one, our 19 yo DS, 29 yo DS, and 6 yo DGS in the second room. I booked a package for each room. Since I can't be in both rooms, the 2nd room went in oldest DS's name. So that I had access to both reservations I set up a MDE account for oldest DS and then tried the invite to share plans-guess I shouldn't have. All I want is to be able to book FP+ for all of us. Well now, oldest DS is listed twice on his reservation and youngest DS has dropped off altogether.

I admit I haven't read the entire thread here-but how do I get this fixed? Trip is in May so we have a little while to get it straightened out, but I want to start now instead of later just in case I run into more issues.
I'm bumping this up. I didn't see an answer and I'm in the same situation:crazy2: If anyone knows how to fix this or who to call I would appreciate it!:worship:

I'm bumping this up. I didn't see an answer and I'm in the same situation:crazy2: If anyone knows how to fix this or who to call I would appreciate it!:worship:

I guess it's too late for the PP who was going in May, but for you.....

You have to be sure everyone has their accounts marked to SHARE plans. We had similar issues and I called Disney IT and they were able to go into everyone's accounts and change the settings. It automatically defaults to private. If its still set on private you won't be able book FP+ for them. Hope that helps!!

I will admit I didn't read everything in this thread. However, after searching quite a few threads I can not find this answer. Does the FP+ booking window open at midnight or 6am?

Tia

I will admit I didn't read everything in this thread. However, after searching quite a few threads I can not find this answer. Does the FP+ booking window open at midnight or 6am? Tia

See the green link in my signature--it's there. The answer is Midnight ET, by the way.

1. When you checking at your resort, should you ask a CM to "test" each magic band in your party to make sure they a) open the door to your room; b) show the FP+ rides for each person?

2. Can anyone tell me their experience with FP+ wait times? If the standby line for let's say ToT was 60 minutes, about how long did it take the people in the FP + line to get on the ride?

Thanks in advance!

1. When you checking at your resort, should you ask a CM to "test" each magic band in your party to make sure they a) open the door to your room; b) show the FP+ rides for each person? 2. Can anyone tell me their experience with FP+ wait times? If the standby line for let's say ToT was 60 minutes, about how long did it take the people in the FP + line to get on the ride? Thanks in advance!

I didn't ask a CM to check but they do need to do something to the magic bands to allow them to open doors, so I guess they checked them.

I didn't ask a CM to check but they do need to do something to the magic bands to allow them to open doors, so I guess they checked them.

Thanks! I guess if we do online checking I would still need to carry them in and find a CM to help me.

We had two sets of magicbands because we had a split stay. We did online check-in, and we didn't have to have the bands checked by the CM, nor did they ask - and both sets of bands worked at both resorts...

We had two sets of magicbands because we had a split stay. We did online check-in, and we didn't have to have the bands checked by the CM, nor did they ask - and both sets of bands worked at both resorts...

Sounds like Disney had their act together for you! Thanks!

How did you find the wait times for the FP+ lines?

We have a spilt stay too. 2 sets of bands. Does it matter which ones we use, I have heard they interchangeable? I am so confused, not sure if I am understanding it right. We have 2 resorts, 2 confirmation number, 2 sets of bands.....how is my first set supposed to work at my other resort?

We have a spilt stay too. 2 sets of bands. Does it matter which ones we use, I have heard they interchangeable? I am so confused, not sure if I am understanding it right. We have 2 resorts, 2 confirmation number, 2 sets of bands.....how is my first set supposed to work at my other resort?

Nothing is stored on the actual MagicBands except for a unique id number. Everything (room reservations, park admission, MagicBands, etc.) is linked to MDE profiles. The MagicBand is just a key to reading the data stored on your MDE profile.

Sounds like Disney had their act together for you! Thanks! How did you find the wait times for the FP+ lines?

Wait times were minimal last week at the FP+ return lines, except Tuesday at AK. Everest went down for a few hours so everyone showed up at the same time when it opened. Line was backed up all the way to Nemo! We didn't bother to stay and find out how long it would be...

Otherwise waits were in the 5 minute range.

I should have added, "Your mileage may vary..." :)

How it worked for us is how it _should_ have worked...fully interchangeable. Everything is in your profile...the band is just a key to the profile. There is always the chance for glitches though.

I do NOT know if the bands are necessarily interchangeable for Magical Express check in, as ME is usually tied to the resort you are checking in to first. We used our "first" bands when we checked in.

Wait times were minimal last week at the FP+ return lines, except Tuesday at AK. Everest went down for a few hours so everyone showed up at the same time when it opened. Line was backed up all the way to Nemo! We didn't bother to stay and find out how long it would be...

Otherwise waits were in the 5 minute range.

Thanks!

I have a question for all of you. I just renewed my ap and I got the exchange voucher to get them when we arrive. I tried to link them to the website but it says that they are already linked to someone. Is this because it was a renewal? Do I not have to link them and they will automatically be updated when the old ones run out? I'm worried because I want to make sure that I'm able to make fp+ at 60 days, which is July 11. My old ap expires about a month before I go, August 4. Do I have to call and get IT to figure it out? Thank you!

Thanks! I guess if we do online checking I would still need to carry them in and find a CM to help me.

Even if you do early check-in, you still have to check-in to receive your room info and stuff. They scanned my band, but just mine. You might want to check with the concierage. We just went to our room and all of us made sure it worked on the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter