new potter coaster?

Also in terms of guessing an opening date for this. Seeing as how Universal just extended their buy 2, get 2 days free ticket promo until end of June (i.e. those tickets must be used by June 30th), I'd speculate that this coaster isn't opening until July at the earliest (after the ticket promo expires).

Yep, that seems to be the general consensus on all the other forums talking about this...…

I doubt very much it`ll be open before that.

:fish: Still waiting impatiently for more news on this! Really wish they would make their announcement already!

It's a bit odd that they're doing it in NY

Some are speculating other things broader reaching may be announced too......

I noticed the AP at least the cheap one is blocked the whole month of July. Is that normal or something just this year?

I'm new so it wont let me post links but it's on orlando weekly. They have the best leaks

I have been following this, it looks like it's mostly built I wonder why they wont tell anyone when. You know they need to compete with disney for new attractions opening this summer/fall

I'm new so it wont let me post links but it's on orlando weekly. They have the best leaks

I have been following this, it looks like it's mostly built I wonder why they wont tell anyone when. You know they need to compete with disney for new attractions opening this summer/fall

From the construction photos, while it may look like it's mostly built, there's still a ton left to do. We haven't seen any of the Animatronic creatures installed as of yet, also a lot of tree planting/landscaping if we're to go by the artists conception, plus we have no clue as to how much work is still required for the queue and pre-ride elements.

Also as per one of my previous posts (to the tweet) it's been confirmed that Universal is looking to have their major announcement event set for March 11th so I'm sure we're learn everything there is to know for opening dates and whatnot on that day.

I wish it was open for the 2nd week of May but I’m pretty confident that won’t happen. Oh well this will force me to just go again :)

I wish it was open for the 2nd week of May but I’m pretty confident that won’t happen. Oh well this will force me to just go again :)

Prevailing chatter has been that original plan was to have it opened for Memorial Day, but that it got delayed/pushed back. And with Universal extending their BoGo tickets to end of June, it likely isn't opening until July.

While I'd rather have it sooner rather than later, it sounds like July it is with all the information I've been hearing. Either way, I'm not going to go until the fall hoping that the hype will slow down a little by then. Which is why I wish it was sooner rather than later, as it will not slow down by much by fall, but I can't imagine waiting longer than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter