new potter coaster?

Any guesses on when or if they will offer passholder previews? We will be there the week it opens, and I was hoping to get in on some sort of passholder preview

My thoughts on the EP situation; FJ and Gringotts did not have EP at first because they were the feature attractions of brand new lands. They wanted to flood the lands with customers. Hagrid is an addition to an existing land and it would boost sales of highly profitable Express Passes. The last three new attractions opened with EP lines.

My thoughts on the EP situation; FJ and Gringotts did not have EP at first because they were the feature attractions of brand new lands. They wanted to flood the lands with customers. Hagrid is an addition to an existing land and it would boost sales of highly profitable Express Passes. The last three new attractions opened with EP lines.

I'm guessing it will take the Kong route when it comes to EP. First month or so won't have EP while they get settled with how well the queue moves and flows, and stabalize the ride to consistent operations as I'm sure the ride will have some continued kinks to work out in it's first month of operation.

Does anyone think the que for this will still be really long towards end of September going by previous ride openings? Were looking to plan a trip but don’t want to be waiting hours. Saying that we came end of last Sept & the overall park was really quiet with max 25 min wait times on most rides.

Thanks

Does anyone think the que for this will still be really long towards end of September going by previous ride openings? Were looking to plan a trip but don’t want to be waiting hours. Saying that we came end of last Sept & the overall park was really quiet with max 25 min wait times on most rides.

Thanks

I think it's really too early to know right now because we don't know for sure (although it's been speculated) what the hourly throughput for the ride will be.

While September is indeed a typically quieter time of year, will probably be maybe 50% less than what is in say August, not knowing what August's wait times are it would be really hard to gauge.

Does it mean a 3 hour wait time in Aug becomes a 90 min wait time in Sept? Or is August going to see a 2 hour wait time with September being 1 hour?

Another unknown factor to consider is if this ride will have EP by September which impacts standby times too.

I think it's really too early to know right now because we don't know for sure (although it's been speculated) what the hourly throughput for the ride will be.

While September is indeed a typically quieter time of year, will probably be maybe 50% less than what is in say August, not knowing what August's wait times are it would be really hard to gauge.

Does it mean a 3 hour wait time in Aug becomes a 90 min wait time in Sept? Or is August going to see a 2 hour wait time with September being 1 hour?

Another unknown factor to consider is if this ride will have EP by September which impacts standby times too.
Yeah thats true. I hope its quitened down by then ! Ha

I even said this may be the first time we ever consider doing EE...….gotta be a first time......:D
We may be there with you on the EE if no EP by September...

It won't be as quiet if the crowds from SW:GE starts to filter into other theme parks in Orlando!
Ditto!! Really afraid the SW crowds will be like "well since we are here may as well check out all the HP stuff and new ride"!

Hopefully, though, the people at Disney that might head over to see Hagrid will not be there at rope drop. At least we should still have EE for people staying at USO. Getting in line early will be key. Then, I assume, the rest of the park will be fairly open for the rest of the morning each day.

Is there usually EE for the park that has the new ride? I know they schedule EE only a couple of months ahead of time right?

Hagrid's Coaster I'm 99.9% sure it not going to have EP by September. It took the original HP rides (due to the insane amount of popularity) years to have them part of the rides to include EP.

By September, at the max, I see the ride being a two hour wait at one point. Could potentially be lower than that, but that is my max estimate. And even at my max, I could be wrong, as the Harry Potter rides are unpredictable to do this day, sometimes they're relatively reasonable and sometimes, like when I checked a few of weeks ago, it was over an hour for FJ during what I thought would be considered a slow day.

Is there usually EE for the park that has the new ride? I know they schedule EE only a couple of months ahead of time right?

I do not recall them ever restricting certain HP rides from EE since they were new, so I would imagine EE would include Hagrid's Coaster once it's officially open.

As for the topic of SW, I'm hoping people stick to the Disney side for you all (I'm not going near Hagrid's Coaster until Fall)! While I do believe a few people will take advantage of both, I believe if they're truly going for SW they're going to do it during EMH and/or the rope drop for SW, rather than coming to Universal first thing, unless they managed to do SW already and decide to head over to Universal the next day. Personally, my philosophy with newer rides is going at the last minute at night while everyone already left / leaving, or watching the fireworks / the big show in the park.

how does it work if they do have soft openings in May for passholders? I signed up to get emails about it. I already get emails from Universal so I'm not sure if now I'll get even more.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Edited - found the answer, I thought it might be like Disney, but sounds like you just hang out by the ride hoping.

Last edited:
From what I see also in the other post you created, it appears to be simply an announcement of the ride. Or is there more and it's a ticket event for AP?

Looks to be same just a little added information about the ride, date is still the same as previously reported, I’m sure in the weeks leading up to the opening some maybe lucky enough to experience soft openings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter