New Star Wars Millennium Falcon Simulator details

very curious to ask...how many theaters will this new star wars ride have? I know Soarin has three and I thought I read that FOP has four theaters....anyone know for this new ride?

very curious to ask...how many theaters will this new star wars ride have? I know Soarin has three and I thought I read that FOP has four theaters....anyone know for this new ride?
This ride won't have theaters. This is more intimate and a 6 person cockpit. 4 turntables with I think (I need to get this confirmed) 8 cockpits per table. The turntables will act as load and unload.

This ride won't have theaters. This is more intimate and a 6 person cockpit. 4 turntables with I think (I need to get this confirmed) 8 cockpits per table. The turntables will act as load and unload.
So only 32 active at a time is possible? Roughly 192 people at a time then max and what 3 minutes or so turnaround time (total guess) leading to about 4k per hour. If the ride time or loading/unloading is longer than capacity is lower.

So only 32 active at a time is possible? Roughly 192 people at a time then max and what 3 minutes or so turnaround time (total guess) leading to about 4k per hour. If the ride time or loading/unloading is longer than capacity is lower.
Capacity is supposed to be around 1750 per hour. Again I am not 100% certain 8 is the number either. We do know 4 turntables and 6 per cockpit for sure.

Screen will be "outside" the cockpit. Motion will come from a 3-axis system similar to Star Tours.

All per Martin on WDWMagic.

Capacity is supposed to be around 1750 per hour. Again I am not 100% certain 8 is the number either. We do know 4 turntables and 6 per cockpit for sure.

What does that mean? That 1,750 ride per hour? That seems low, but I have no idea. Do you know numbers for other rides that I can see in comparison?

What does that mean? That 1,750 ride per hour? That seems low, but I have no idea. Do you know numbers for other rides that I can see in comparison?
I’ve gone through this before. 1750 people per hour. Space mountain can do 1800 per hour. Flight of Passage does around 1400 per hour.

Flight of Passage does around 1400 per hour.
I feel like everyone has a different answer for that, and I’m probably the only with the super high estimate of 2,560. 64 per theater (4 floors of 16) with 4 theaters (hopefully) dispatching 10 times each per hour. I could be terribly wrong but every time I try finding the ride’s capacity I get a different answer, and mine only came from one that had the 10 dispatch 4 theater but 3 floors.

I’m probably going to get proven wrong, who knows

Disney has a track record of not staffing rides fully or running rides to capacity regardless of park visitors. I think we can all agree that whatever the theoretical ride capacities are, you should expect the actual capacity to be less or much less.

I feel like everyone has a different answer for that, and I’m probably the only with the super high estimate of 2,560. 64 per theater (4 floors of 16) with 4 theaters (hopefully) dispatching 10 times each per hour. I could be terribly wrong but every time I try finding the ride’s capacity I get a different answer, and mine only came from one that had the 10 dispatch 4 theater but 3 floors.

I’m probably going to get proven wrong, who knows
FoP in no way does over 2000. There are only 3 floors by the way. Some days it’s lucky to do 1200 per hour with 1-2 theaters going down. For an E-ticket it’s capacity is terrible.

Disney has a track record of not staffing rides fully or running rides to capacity regardless of park visitors.

I'm not sure that is true...during peak times (Xmas, NYE, Summer, Spring Break) I believe that WDW is running everything at capacity.

Disney has a track record of not staffing rides fully or running rides to capacity regardless of park visitors. I think we can all agree that whatever the theoretical ride capacities are, you should expect the actual capacity to be less or much less.
Theoretical capacities are higher. I am giving more of an actual capacity to these attractions.

FoP in no way does over 2000. There are only 3 floors by the way. Some days it’s lucky to do 1200 per hour with 1-2 theaters going down. For an E-ticket it’s capacity is terrible.
I’ve counted four from the queue doors from both ramps and the picture of them installing the vehicles. I can’t see on the ride itself only because of the angle, I can only see the other 8 people when I tried looking not the other floors

I’ve counted four from the queue doors from both ramps and the picture of them installing the vehicles. I can’t see on the ride itself only because of the angle, I can only see the other 8 people when I tried looking not the other floors
There are only three levels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter