New Studio for Tuesday Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

The fallout continues.

Looks like Pete will no longer be involved in that show either. I hope they keep Paul and Amy. I think World of DVC already has a youtube show featuring thier agents. I haven't looked in a while, so maybe if has ended.

I found the DIS youtube channel after finding the DVC show while rersearching my DVC purchase. It was May 2022 when I found the other site Sean and now Dustin have shared thier stories on. I found it because someone on the DIS show just sudden disappeared, with no mention of what happened. So I went to Google and typed in "DIS youtube channel gossip"......
I guess I'll have to look for other DVC content then. Dont need to listen to the Kriegers with their constant butterfly and unicorn messaging about dvc.

They didn’t imply it, that is what you wrote. Perhaps that wasn’t your intended meaning but that is what was written. I’m on that site and haven’t done any of what you claim everyone there does. I’m not a mean girl keyboard warrior and I don’t judge anyone.
I’m glad Sean and Dustin had an unmoderated space to share their stories and everyone (except for one person there) has been entirely supportive of them for sharing. Any criticism to other team members having knowledge of anything that happened has been speculative and quickly squashed by others.
Maybe you need to also reread what I wrote also. Anyone coming forward with stories of assault/abuse are not mean girl mentality, I made that very clear. What I also made very clear is bashing team members on what they should have know or done is ridiculous. NO ONE knows what others are going through. To be honest, with their logic, they should be mad at Dustin and Sean for taking so long to come forward. Which is ridiculous, right? So why put all of that on Craig or Ryno or anyone else? We have no clue what they have going on or how they feel.

Again, secondary trauma is a real thing. Dealing with a boss like Pete is a real thing and having to think about yourself and/or your family is a real thing. Sometimes people are stuck. They don't know what to do or say.. so they do nothing. That does not make them enablers or horrible people. They don't know what to do and that's only speculating that anyone knew even a little of what Dustin and Sean shared.

I agree that the bashing has gotten somewhat better. It's just amazing to me that even when Dustin said they knew nothing and would not comment about certain people because he considered them friends and people continued to judge. Mean girl mentality

I think Paul and Amy taking over is great. They have a great energy. That said, the Murphys who are also on their show, Phil is sarcastic and negative and brings an awful vibe, I hope they work towards being positive and informative because I'm over negative and sarcastic.
That’s an interesting take. I think the Murphy’s are a lovely couple. Funny, intelligent, and fun to spend time with.

As for Phil’s sarcasm, and witty sense of humor, I’m sorry you don’t understand it. Those of us who do, find it both immensely funny and refreshing.

They do say that wit and sarcasm are indicative of higher levels of intelligence, so I’m good with it.

I watched the show for years and recently stopped for lack of interest and better options. Nothing I am reading shocks me. There were so many comments over the years that made me think "this guy is either really dumb, or has an ego so big he just doesn't care that this is inappropriate." It's not surprising at all those issues expanded off-camera.

Interested to see the impact on the brand of "the Dis" as a result of this news. As a corporate attorney I can say it is very difficult to unwind a closely held business and transition it smoothly. You take an ego like Pete, it's going to be brutal. Also the financial complaints were filed in March, which makes a ton of sense with the timing of other things that occurred in that time frame - Pete's final show, etc.

Going to be very tough sledding going forward. I don't see how listeners can read this stuff about Pete and not associate people like Craig and Ryno with him, even though it seems likely they were also in an unfair spot/had no control. It's less about the truth and more about perception, with so many other vloggers and news-tubers doing it better, people will look for other options if they can't distinguish the show going forward quickly enough. Hope I'm wrong because I enjoy most of the personalities and wish them well. Those guys were really the only reason I watched for several years at the end.

Followed the breadcrumbs to the other site and to an outsider who has only been listening to the podcast for a few months, it’s hard to see this as all truth. Maybe you need to be a longtime listener to understand and to know the people involved.

How does everyone know for sure this is actually Dustin posting on this gross site?

A grown straight man is SA by another man and then continues to have a years long relationship with him???When he has a close friend as a roommate and a loving family back in Virginia. He wasn’t stuck in this. He has a college education, I’m sure he could have found another job.

And if one is taking everything at face value from this questionable site, he claims no one knew. How can the rest of the team be held r accountable for something they didn’t know about?

I wish the team the best moving forward.

I really can’t believe this thread is still up. I feel like leaving it open for people to read about and discuss these allegations relatively unchallenged is someone’s way of sending some kind of message, I just can put my finger on what.

I mean, I remember the days of pool hopping threads getting closed with a quickness 😂

Followed the breadcrumbs to the other site and to an outsider who has only been listening to the podcast for a few months, it’s hard to see this as all truth. Maybe you need to be a longtime listener to understand and to know the people involved.

How does everyone know for sure this is actually Dustin posting on this gross site?

A grown straight man is SA by another man and then continues to have a years long relationship with him???When he has a close friend as a roommate and a loving family back in Virginia. He wasn’t stuck in this. He has a college education, I’m sure he could have found another job.

And if one is taking everything at face value from this questionable site, he claims no one knew. How can the rest of the team be held r accountable for something they didn’t know about?

I wish the team the best moving forward.
I don’t think it’s quite that simple and yes, I do think it helps to be a longtime listener for more context here. Dustin was young and vulnerable, looking for his dream job, and Pete immediately overwhelmed him with constant attention, travel, long work hours that blended into personal time all at Pete’s home, and isolated him from his friends/family in a lot of ways per his story. Basically wore him down.

That’s hard for those of us not in his immediate situation to understand, it seems like it would be easy to “get out”, but he depended on Pete for his dream job and when you’re young and have a short resume in a niche field…well, I think we can give the guy grace and remember that many people stay in abusive situations because they’re tough to get out of.

And yes, it’s definitely Dustin (and Sean) posting. Sean has posted pictures of himself in real time, and he verified that Dustin was who he said he was when he began posting. They didn’t work together so each shares details the other wouldn’t know...and with the amount of detail and timelines they’re sharing, the notion that someone could be impersonating them just makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter