Heh. First, who knows, maybe it won’t be so bad? I think the influx of passholders combined with the D23 folk seems like an unfortunate combo, but maybe people will be scared of crowds and stay away some more.

Second, and more importantly, if you’re mentally prepared for crowds, you can have an excellent time regardless.

It's Disneyland. I've been smooshed up on Main Street on NYE. After that, I'm always prepared for crowds.

A few questions if anyone who has gone already has insight:

Does anyone know if baby swap is available for Smugglers Run? I don’t know if it is available at all rides, or just ones with FP? My son isn’t tall enough to ride it but everyone else wants to.

We really want to make a droid at Droid Depot. What would be the best strategy for this? We should get one Magic Morning at DL. Would it be good to go wait at the entrance during this time and then walk over to Droid Depot right when we are let in? Can anyone comment on the wait times at Droid Depot over the last few days? Thanks!

Also I am confused if there is a still time limit in place for how long you can stay in SWGE? Can you enter and leave and then enter again later in the day? TIA!

We really want to make a droid at Droid Depot. What would be the best strategy for this? We should get one Magic Morning at DL. Would it be good to go wait at the entrance during this time and then walk over to Droid Depot right when we are let in? Can anyone comment on the wait times at Droid Depot over the last few days? Thanks!

I don't think you need to stress about this too much. I don't know exactly what waits have been but I also haven't seen reports of them being crazy for droids.

Also I am confused if there is a still time limit in place for how long you can stay in SWGE? Can you enter and leave and then enter again later in the day? TIA!
No time limit in place once you are in the land. If you leave and the land is not at capacity you can go back in. If the land is at capacity they will be using boarding groups so you just sign up for one of those and will be notified when you can go back in. That said, I don't think boarding groups have been needed since the morning of general public opening day...

A few questions if anyone who has gone already has insight:

Does anyone know if baby swap is available for Smugglers Run? I don’t know if it is available at all rides, or just ones with FP? My son isn’t tall enough to ride it but everyone else wants to.

There is rider swap.

As PP mentioned, the droids haven't had too much of a wait since the land opened generally, and the only restriction on leaving and coming back would be if Boarding Groups are happening.

How is MFSR for short people and kids? My daughter is 4'10". If she's not a pilot, will it be lame for her? It's an annoying problem in many rides and changes the experience when you can only see the back of a seat.

My 7 year old was a gunner and was so busy pressing the button to shoot things, that she never even looked forward. Having said that though, because there is a gap between seats, so it is easy to see what is going on.

Has anyone gotten the beer flight at the cantina? Can you ask just for the beer? Or do you have to purchase the tooth board?

Has anyone gotten the beer flight at the cantina? Can you ask just for the beer? Or do you have to purchase the tooth board?
They’re sold out of the board; the bartender on Thursday said it could be “months” before they get more.

I was back at the Cantina for an 8:30 Friday reservation, and it was pretty crowded inside, a lot more than our 4:30 on Thursday rez. They also wouldn’t let us check in until 8:30 instead of 15 minutes early like the day before (“Oga changed her mind about when she wants her guests to come.”) Fun atmosphere for a Friday night! And Batuu is gorgeous at night. I anticipate spending a lot of summer evenings here if it stays easy to get in.

They’re sold out of the board; the bartender on Thursday said it could be “months” before they get more.

I was back at the Cantina for an 8:30 Friday reservation, and it was pretty crowded inside, a lot more than our 4:30 on Thursday rez. They also wouldn’t let us check in until 8:30 instead of 15 minutes early like the day before (“Oga changed her mind about when she wants her guests to come.”) Fun atmosphere for a Friday night! And Batuu is gorgeous at night. I anticipate spending a lot of summer evenings here if it stays easy to get in.
But the beer is still available? That’s what we care about lol :rolleyes1

But the beer is still available? That’s what we care about lol :rolleyes1
I don’t think so? I didn’t see anyone with a sampler. Lots of people were drinking full glasses of beer, but I don’t think they probably have another serving option for a sampler? I’m just speculating, though, I didn’t ask specifically.

I don’t think so? I didn’t see anyone with a sampler. Lots of people were drinking full glasses of beer, but I don’t think they probably have another serving option for a sampler? I’m just speculating, though, I didn’t ask specifically.
Ok thanks! I’ll be there next week and will ask. If not there’s plenty of other things to try :)

Stupid question, do we have to be in the park checked in with our tickets to make a reservation for savi’s workshop same day? Or can I make it from my phone at the DLH while we’re getting ready?

This. The reservation system for Oga’s is fantastic. We only went there once during the May reservation period but we’ve been able to enjoy Oga’s three times this week. It’s already hot and pretty crowded in both parks this morning, and having the ability to reserve an evening slot for Oga’s first thing in the morning to cap off the evening is fantastic. Love it inside Oga’s

So, if I make a light saber reservation for my son, my DD and DH want to watch, but I would like to enter the land with them. I read that you can only bring in two people to Savvi's. So, do I make the reservation for three people, or do I make it for four? I'm afraid if I only make it for three, I won't be allowed in the land. But if I make it for four, I will be charged for two light sabers? Can anyone clarify?

So, if I make a light saber reservation for my son, my DD and DH want to watch, but I would like to enter the land with them. I read that you can only bring in two people to Savvi's. So, do I make the reservation for three people, or do I make it for four? I'm afraid if I only make it for three, I won't be allowed in the land. But if I make it for four, I will be charged for two light sabers? Can anyone clarify?
If you make it for four, you will be charged for four light sabers.

Make it for the number of people who want to build them. Each builder can bring a guest.

Only make a reservation for two because that is how many light sabers are being built. I found this on the website:

“If the party size is larger than the reserved party of 3 for the experience area, and if boarding groups are required to enter the land, up to a total of 6 Guests may enter the land in connection with the reservation. The experience area is still limited to the builder and 2 Guests.”

Only make a reservation for two because that is how many light sabers are being built. I found this on the website:

“If the party size is larger than the reserved party of 3 for the experience area, and if boarding groups are required to enter the land, up to a total of 6 Guests may enter the land in connection with the reservation. The experience area is still limited to the builder and 2 Guests.”

Thanks! I was going to make the reservation for THREE - I would have had to shell out $600.00! Yikes! I'm glad I asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter