If anyone's interested they let people into the park at about 7:45. Lines were about as deep as the monorail beam. Those heading to Stars Wars land were held at the entrance of Frontierland until 8.

That is super helpful information, thanks.

We’ve arrived. It feels very busy.
I’m not there, but it’s interesting that it would feel that way when the app tells otherwise. RSR is still distributing FPs for 7:15 at 1:30pm - they rarely lasted past noon through May. Being less than 6 hours out at 1:30 is practically unheard of!

Even if walkways are crowded, overall wait times are pretty darn low...

Perhaps this is one of those “it really depends where you are and when” kind of days.

DCA looks pretty crowded right now. DL looks not very busy.
I'm in DCA, it doesn't feel that crowded, about an hour ago I did radiator Springs single rider twice in a row, both times were walk on when standby was 65 minutes. The shops are not crowded, the walkways don't feel crowded. I've been here same time of year for the last 9 years and this year feels so much less crowded

I'm in DCA, it doesn't feel that crowded, about an hour ago I did radiator Springs single rider twice in a row, both times were walk on when standby was 65 minutes. The shops are not crowded, the walkways don't feel crowded. I've been here same time of year for the last 9 years and this year feels so much less crowded

you would know better, I was just looking at the app. :-)

Also still hoping to hear someone’s experience with Savi’s with the new system! Still waiting to know for sure that they don’t charge until you arrive so I know whether I can use a gift card to pay or not. :flower1:

Can confirm. After checking in on Friday we paid with gift cards and the CM said our credit card was only to reserve a spot and will not be charged (it hasn’t been), unless we failed to show up. Once you check in you can pay by whatever method you prefer (gift cards, cash, another credit card, etc.)

Okay we are here and the park is busy. We had a long flight and I don’t think we are gonna make it to the cantina later this evening. The pool is calling.

But.. there isn’t a way to cancel without being charged $40 bucks..

Okay we are here and the park is busy. We had a long flight and I don’t think we are gonna make it to the cantina later this evening. The pool is calling.

But.. there isn’t a way to cancel without being charged $40 bucks..

You don't have to all show up. Our teenagers missed our reservation time, and they told us as long as somebody showed up we wouldn't be charged.

Regarding the Droid personality chips, do they have a noticeable effect on the Droid’s interactions outside of SWGE? The builder/owner will be my five year old who just wants a red R2 unit with a remote control. As long as it rolls and beeps without the personality chip, I doubt he would know the difference.

Regarding the Droid personality chips, do they have a noticeable effect on the Droid’s interactions outside of SWGE? The builder/owner will be my five year old who just wants a red R2 unit with a remote control. As long as it rolls and beeps without the personality chip, I doubt he would know the difference.

The droids make noise and move (in and out of the land) without any personality chip. With a chip, it will make different sounds and may react in different areas of the land than without but they do still react even without a chip. The R2's makes R2-D2 sounds without any chip and would make any 5yr old plenty happy.

Nope. We managed to obtain a blue chip after stalking the store and enlisting friends to stalk during their reservations... and now she doesn't even want it in because she got used to the other sounds. :confused3

Can confirm. After checking in on Friday we paid with gift cards and the CM said our credit card was only to reserve a spot and will not be charged (it hasn’t been), unless we failed to show up. Once you check in you can pay by whatever method.

Awesome, thank you so much!

Just checked now (4:35pm), and nothing is an hour long. Longest wait is Matterhorn at 50 minutes. Not bad! Enjoy!

What other accessories does droid depot sell besides the personality chips? I heard about a serving tray. I’ve tried searching but can’t find anything with prices. I want to add some things to mine.

What other accessories does droid depot sell besides the personality chips? I heard about a serving tray. I’ve tried searching but can’t find anything with prices. I want to add some things to mine.

I think most of the stuff is for R2 models. You can buy a toolkit with various attachments that go in holes inside the two vertical doors on the front of the body. These are mostly for looks and just stick out when attached. There are also blasters that attach to the side legs. These have a plug and have lights and sound activated by the remote. DD8 bought both of these and together they were about $30 with tax and a 20% AP discount. I believe the blasters were a bit more than the toolkit.

There is also a jet pack and the aforementioned tray I believe but I don’t know much about those other than I recall some discussion that the tray is just for looks. Also some colored decals and panels that you can use to further spruce up/customize your color scheme but I’m not sure on prices or availability.

I don’t think there’s a whole lot for the BB droids as the way they move limits the ability to add or attach things.

I think most of the stuff is for R2 models. You can buy a toolkit with various attachments that go in holes inside the two vertical doors on the front of the body. These are mostly for looks and just stick out when attached. There are also blasters that attach to the side legs. These have a plug and have lights and sound activated by the remote. DD8 bought both of these and together they were about $30 with tax and a 20% AP discount. I believe the blasters were a bit more than the toolkit.

There is also a jet pack and the aforementioned tray I believe but I don’t know much about those other than I recall some discussion that the tray is just for looks. Also some colored decals and panels that you can use to further spruce up/customize your color scheme but I’m not sure on prices or availability.

I don’t think there’s a whole lot for the BB droids as the way they move limits the ability to add or attach things.
Thanks! I have an R droid! Good to hear they are more customizable:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter