Alright. So only hubby went to the cantina today. Kids and I are dead tired. This is his perspective.

He’s not a huge Star Wars fan but has seen all the movies and can get excited about things like that. Outlet cantina reservations. Was for 730. He gets checked in only to be thrown into a huge line. He doesn’t make it into the cantina until 45 mins after the reservation. Once in, we’ll he described it as

“It is a standing bar sit down booths no choice what you get small hot and loud as hell looks ok not what I expected got video and a few pics then left”

So that’s all I got. I might try to snag a reservation for me sometime this week.

If your not a bar atmosphere person then I can see this not being your thing at all. And we aren’t.

But the rest of our day has been magical. Right now disneyland for us is this:

Attachments

• 7FA2465E-E72F-4942-8940-02E41919DF36.jpeg
    7FA2465E-E72F-4942-8940-02E41919DF36.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 29
  • D9DE16CE-5153-4A43-B03C-8D06739B05A3.jpeg
    D9DE16CE-5153-4A43-B03C-8D06739B05A3.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 28
Alright. So only hubby went to the cantina today. Kids and I are dead tired. This is his perspective.

He’s not a huge Star Wars fan but has seen all the movies and can get excited about things like that. Outlet cantina reservations. Was for 730. He gets checked in only to be thrown into a huge line. He doesn’t make it into the cantina until 45 mins after the reservation. Once in, we’ll he described it as

“It is a standing bar sit down booths no choice what you get small hot and loud as hell looks ok not what I expected got video and a few pics then left”

So that’s all I got. I might try to snag a reservation for me sometime this week.

If your not a bar atmosphere person then I can see this not being your thing at all. And we aren’t.
:

I sort of agree, we weren't impressed, it wasn't loud when we were there, there were several empty standing tables near us, but several of the CMs were rude and the service was bad.

Also I’m not trying to be nagative nelly.. we are having a great time. But husband other comment was also this

“Oh and another fun fact the cast members in star wars land get to choose what type of personality they give off. Most on the evening shift are rude as hell”

I’m sorry his experience fell flat at Oga’s. It truly is a great place (luckyrabbit’s assessment above is similar to my experience there), but I’m not surprised by the comment about the CMs (some can be “rude” but many are friendly). But the vibe isn’t for everyone.

The big question though is did you get the Sorcerer Mickey light up statue that you were looking for?

My family and I went to visit Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge on the last weekend that reservations were required (that weekend was just awesome in terms of crowds). We had a great time, but I had a lot of thoughts about visiting Batuu. I wasn't that excited about it initially, but the land won me over. But I was thinking when I was there that a lot of the media coverage didn't really reflect what I liked and didn't like about Galaxy's Edge.

Here are my top 10 opinions about visiting Batuu!
  1. Batuu and Black Spire Outpost were detailed and beautiful. I really felt like I was entering another world. But I’d have loved more characters to talk to — like ordinary citizens of the Outpost — so I could find out why this place was important in the Star Wars Universe. Next time, I'll try to spend more time engaging with the cast members and learning their stories.
  2. The breakfast at Docking Bay 7 is delicious.
  3. I wonder if the reason SWGE isn't that crowded is because people (boomers and Gen Xers) would rather visit the planets from the classic trilogy rather than the new movies. But does it make more sense for Disney to cultivate love for the new movies with kids like my daughter?
  4. My favorite position in MFSR is gunner.
  5. Galaxy’s Edge was so uncrowded on the day we went, my daughter and I rode MFSR four times! The last time we were the last two people in the queue so the cast members let the two of us ride by ourselves. We were the pilots and all the other positions were done by computer! Our scores were much higher than usual, ;-)
  6. I’ve never been interested in Star Wars clothing or costumes but I really want a Rey vest now. That thing is cool.
  7. We didn’t even try to stand in line for the cantina and the reservation system wasn’t working. Not good, Disney.
  8. Not a single person was in line to buy a light saber. Were all the reservations gone (at 9 in the morning?) or was there just no interest in spending $200 on a light saber? (And then where do you put it once you bring it home?)
  9. We left after 3 hours because the only other thing we wanted to do was build a droid, and that had an hour-long line.
  10. I liked the green milk better. The blue milk was too sweet.

Attachments

• IMG-1526.JPG
    IMG-1526.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-1524.JPG
    IMG-1524.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-1532.JPG
    IMG-1532.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-1523.JPG
    IMG-1523.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-1524.JPG
    IMG-1524.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-1523.JPG
    IMG-1523.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 12
... If your not a bar atmosphere person then I can see this not being your thing at all. And we aren’t...
It sounds like this might be more about being hot, tired, and frustrated, than about not being a "bar atmosphere person." ("Most" of the CMs on Batuu were rude? That hasn't been our experience afternoon or evening over multiple visits.) Especially when he said that it wasn't what he expected. If he hasn't been as active on the internet as you have been, then maybe he wasn't as well informed about what to expect from the Cantina. Yes, it's crowded (sometimes more, sometimes less). Yes, it's mostly standing or sharing tables/booths. Yes, a reservation time can still include a wait to get inside. And it can still be really fun, if you aren't over tired and hot -- and maybe he would have had a better time with you there?? I don't know if I would enjoy Oga's so much on my own -- at least, not for the full 45 minutes.
We aren't "bar atmosphere" people, either -- in fact, I think this was one of the first times I've been in a bar that wasn't a lounge, like at Carthay, so it was very different for me -- but we had a fun time because we knew what to expect. And because the main attraction for us was R3X, not the drinks. If you are able to visit the Cantina this week, go in with an open mind. And make sure to check out the DJ -- he'll make you smile. :)

Last edited:
I’m sorry his experience fell flat at Oga’s. It truly is a great place (luckyrabbit’s assessment above is similar to my experience there), but I’m not surprised by the comment about the CMs (some can be “rude” but many are friendly). But the vibe isn’t for everyone.

The big question though is did you get the Sorcerer Mickey light up statue that you were looking for?

Haha not yet!

And I hope my post didn’t come of as super crabby. I was just sharing his expirence. Which I think can be valuable as someone who isn’t super active on the net for Disney.

Does anyone know if a Savi's reservation only allows entry to the section for up to two people if it's at capacity, or would a family of four all be able to enter on one reservation? We're planning on trying for a Oga's reservation too, so it may be moot. We're headed there the week before Labor Day, so I'm worried that crowding may be an issue by then.

If boarding groups are being used, you are allowed to bring up to 6 people in with a Savi’s reservation. But only two guests are allowed into Savi’s to observe.

I was reading on another blog about ROTR and how complex it is and also how it really pushes the envelope in ride technology. I refused to read the full description because I want to be fully amazed when I eventually do ride it. Then something occurred to me....what if the delay is actually planned?

What if they are purposely holding back for the following reasons:

1. They want to simultaneously open in CA and FL to maximize impact. (Marketing, Revenue, "Influencer Buzz", etc)
2. They want to have TWO openings in CA. The first one already has taken place and the second one will generate new buzz again.
3. They want to drive increased revenue by opening in CA and FL with a fresh round of Merchandise to go along with the ride.
4. They opened SWGE a full month ahead of what they had indicated and that was announced a 2 months before that!....why would you do that if you were having legit issues with ride? Wouldn't you at least keep the date everyone is expecting to see if you could work through the bugs?

I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney has released anything saying that ROTR will be delayed in opening at WDW.
Of course this could all be off base and they really are having technical problems, but remember, this ride and land has been planned for years....I find it hard to believe that any issues they are having are so unexpected that it takes them an extended period to fix.

hmmm....what you think?

Found this on a blog.....of course it is speculation!

"UPDATE 6/22/19: The latest info from people working on the Rise of the Resistance project is that they are hoping to get the attraction open for the end of August, for the same weekend as Galaxy’s Edge opens in Walt Disney World, and maybe even in time for the D23 Expo the weekend of August 23-25. Still many are worried about delays so I wouldn’t bet any money on that one. "

Also I’m not trying to be nagative nelly.. we are having a great time. But husband other comment was also this

“Oh and another fun fact the cast members in star wars land get to choose what type of personality they give off. Most on the evening shift are rude as hell”
What?! Rude people really bring me down that would totally kill my happy park buzz.

ETA: glad to hear his experience wasn’t the norm. Hope it gets better for him if he goes back.

What?! Rude people really bring me down that would totally kill my happy park buzz.

ETA: glad to hear his experience wasn’t the norm. Hope it gets better for him if he goes back.
I was there Friday night and didn’t encounter any rude CMs. In fact, my friend and I commented that the Oga’s bartenders were the most cheerful group we’d seen in there.

My husband was there Sunday evening and said no one was rude.

I will say that on Thursday, I ran into a CM that I know in the land, and she said that many visitors have been pretty “snippy” all week (I witnessed a woman snap her fingers repeatedly in the face of a Marketplace CM who didn’t hear her question). She said there’s been lots of complaining to and yelling at CMs about things in the land they don’t like and out of stock merch, demanding that characters stop and pose for photos like a typical M&G, etc. It’s also hard for them to navigate the guests who want them to stay in-land (as they’re supposed to) with guests that are then annoyed/frustrated that they don’t understand them (like asking for a “credit reducer” instead of an AP discount. That’s what they’re supposed to do, but then people get angry with them for not being clear.)

On top of that, the CMs are having their hours slashed like crazy; one I’m FB friends with just posted fishing for babysitting or dog sitting options this month so she can make rent after her “planned income suddenly dropped.”

So, while rudeness is never acceptable, I do feel for the CMs. They were mostly super excited to work in Batuu but are pretty disillusioned right now, I think.

I don’t mind the lack of music in the land, personally (there is some right when you enter, which is nice). It’s been mentioned here SO often that I wonder if Disney is getting that feedback... and if so, I wonder if they’ll add some eventually?

I just can’t see anyone actually staying longer because there’s music?

I don’t mind the lack of music in the land, personally (there is some right when you enter, which is nice). It’s been mentioned here SO often that I wonder if Disney is getting that feedback... and if so, I wonder if they’ll add some eventually?

I just can’t see anyone actually staying longer because there’s music?
I think it's interesting to see people on here mention the lack of music. I don't normally pay attention to stuff like that, so that could be the reason no music doesn't bother me.

I was there Friday night and didn’t encounter any rude CMs. In fact, my friend and I commented that the Oga’s bartenders were the most cheerful group we’d seen in there.

My husband was there Sunday evening and said no one was rude.

I will say that on Thursday, I ran into a CM that I know in the land, and she said that many visitors have been pretty “snippy” all week (I witnessed a woman snap her fingers repeatedly in the face of a Marketplace CM who didn’t hear her question). She said there’s been lots of complaining to and yelling at CMs about things in the land they don’t like and out of stock merch, demanding that characters stop and pose for photos like a typical M&G, etc. It’s also hard for them to navigate the guests who want them to stay in-land (as they’re supposed to) with guests that are then annoyed/frustrated that they don’t understand them (like asking for a “credit reducer” instead of an AP discount. That’s what they’re supposed to do, but then people get angry with them for not being clear.)

On top of that, the CMs are having their hours slashed like crazy; one I’m FB friends with just posted fishing for babysitting or dog sitting options this month so she can make rent after her “planned income suddenly dropped.”

So, while rudeness is never acceptable, I do feel for the CMs. They were mostly super excited to work in Batuu but are pretty disillusioned right now, I think.
I feel so bad for those CMs! People are the worst sometimes. I remember that heartwarming video of CMs who were so excited when they found out they would get to work SWGE :(

I personally don't quite understand why there's so much negativity because it's not a original trilogy location. Disney never sold this as come relive your favorite Star Wars moments with the characters you grew up with. It was always come experience a NEW location set in the current era of Star Wars. Who knows, maybe these people complaining that it's not the Original Trilogy have been around all along and are just more vocal now that they feel they can blame SWGE's "failure" on it not being the Original Trilogy.

As for the music I really don't understand the no music comments or being upset by CM staying in character while interacting with guests. I may be wrong but there's usually not music playing while I'm walking down the street unless I'm playing it. The intent was to create a "real world" location themed after Star Wars and there is plenty of ambient noise/effects to achieve that. To me blasting the Star Wars theme around all of Batuu would break the immersion more than it would help.

I really hope Disney doesn't start to change things about SWGE just to pander to the vocal (minority?) guests by adding M&Gs, adding OT characters, blasting Star Wars music, or eliminating the "on planet" CM interactions.

3. They want to drive increased revenue by opening in CA and FL with a fresh round of Merchandise to go along with the ride.

WRT to merchandise- Resistance Supply (which is right outside ROTR) is already selling merchandise that is branded for the ride (ie- says "Rise of the Resistance") all over it. I thought this was a little bit odd, actually. But I suppose the ride name works on its own as a phrase so they went ahead with it.

Most signs and rumors (and inside info like Skyegirl's) do seem to indicate actual technical difficulties with the ride. I do think when it became apparent that it wasn't going to be ready on schedule they did then make a strategic decision to open anyway (and may well be regretting that now...) and hope for a second wave (and/or return guests) when ROTR opens but I don't think that was their strategy all along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter