New TV show How To Get away With Murder

**Spoiler**

If you compare the flashbacks from the first episode to the second you'll see that they're showing you more. For instance, in the first episode you saw the coin toss where they decide heads to move the body or tails to leave it in the house. In the second episode you see the coin toss again but this time they show the coin landed on tails but the guy flipping the coin said it was heads. But it is confusing.

What I don't like about the Annalise Keating character is she goes back and forth from being tough as nails then simpering and teary eyed.

Is that who he was hugging in the hotel room. For the life of me I couldn't tell who that was maybe because her hair was always back.

I get it flash backs now but the first show I was like what the heck is going on. Then I thought how odd it was for her to have her students figure how to win her case, thought she was the smart one...:confused3 Then don't get me started on the two others that work for her...they confuse me too. I'm guessing it was the blonde killed the husband but just a guess. She's an odd duck.

Oh that's right. The combination of the phone call where he's telling someone he is going to protect them and the scene where he's hugging the neighbour girl make it seem like he's covering up for her. Things seem to be slanting towards maybe she had something to do with the death of the missing student too.

I am diggin the show. I don't need a show to be all neatly wrapped up in an hour and I love things that make ya go "hmmm" :scratchin and trying to figure it all out.
I DO watch it On Demand though, so I can rewind when I want to double check on something.

I don't think the students did it. At least not all of them, unless it was an accident.

I agree. I think the professor did it, and it's how she gets away with murder. I have a feeling she is going to represent them in a trial to get them off as well.

I was really looking forward to this show, but I was one and done. It really just did not interest me and I didn't find any of the characters particularly likable. I spend most of my work life with people I don't find particularly likable, so I have no need to spend my free time with them too. :rotfl2:

I agree. I think the professor did it, and it's how she gets away with murder. I have a feeling she is going to represent them in a trial to get them off as well.

I agree...I don't think they did it. I think the professor's husband is going to end up dead in relation to the frat girl being killed - whether he did kill her or not.

BUT, there has to be a reason/motive for all the students to WANT to help someone get away with it...they have to benefit somehow. :confused3

**Spoiler**

If you compare the flashbacks from the first episode to the second you'll see that they're showing you more. For instance, in the first episode you saw the coin toss where they decide heads to move the body or tails to leave it in the house. In the second episode you see the coin toss again but this time they show the coin landed on tails but the guy flipping the coin said it was heads. But it is confusing.

What I don't like about the Annalise Keating character is she goes back and forth from being tough as nails then simpering and teary eyed.

That really bugs me! I know strong people can have their moments, but her character waffles between the two far too often. In two episodes, she's cried more than half The Biggest Loser contestants!

I'm also having a hard time understanding why Annalise seems so certain her husband had something to do with the death of the girl in the water tank? In terms of a back story, all we know is that the husband is prone to cheat with young college girls. While that certainly makes him scum, does he have some sort of a past that would make one think he sleeps with them and then kills them?

And then she runs to her cop lover in total breakdown mode, says hubby might have had something to do with the dead girl, then goes home, bangs him, and cries afterwards? That is just so incredibly convoluted. She seems to know plenty of people. If she really thinks the guy is a murderer, couldn't she have spent the night elsewhere? And the sex? He was sitting in bed reading. He didn't seem like he was looking for anything, but she suddenly pounces on the guy, all while suspecting he killed someone??

My final rant: No way would a university allow one professor to use her entire class to solve all of her cases. She is suppose to be a powerful lawyer yet she only has a staff of two because she uses the students for free. She forced them to miss another class to work on her trial......I don't think so.

What's to be confused about? Someone (maybe the students, maybe not) killed the husband and they are flashing back to tell the story of how it happened. It's kind of like how Revenge started.

OP, I've watched both episodes of the show, and I still don't know what's going on. The flashbacks have me so confused, I don't know what happened when. I think last Thursday was my final episode.

What's to be confused about? Someone (maybe the students, maybe not) killed the husband and they are flashing back to tell the story of how it happened. It's kind of like how Revenge started.

That is your theory.

As you can see in the above posts, there are quite a few other theories/scenarios that the audience has come up with.

I haven't settled on who the killer is or why yet.

I may be totally wrong ,but my take on it is the students murder the husband of the professor/lawyer.Then they burn the body and clean the evidence-trophy. The show is to show us how they get to that ..The show also has at least one trial each week.I think it is confusing as well.

Bingo! Except for the confusing part. I think that pretty much sums it up. Although the theory of whodunnit could be wrong.

I have watched all the episodes so far. I haven't found it confusing, but, I also haven't found it engaging so I'm probably going to bail on it.

If I'm following the show correctly, professor Viola Davis' husband (also a prof) killed a sorority chick and hid the body in a water tower. He has a history of affairs with other students. The previews for next week's episode gave me the impression the students killed Viola's husband because he messed with one of their group so they killed him to defend her.

The next-door neighbor is involved with something or she wouldn't have hid the cell phone in the black student's bathroom.

I really don't like all the jumping around in sequence either, but I want to see what happens, and will give it one more try. Wish they'd leave out the gratuitous gay sex scenes. (Yeah, I know several t.v. series have started including it.) DH gave up on the show after the first night, because the courtroom proceedings are too inaccurate for his legal mind.

WHAT?!!! :scared1:
Next you're going to try to convince me that DNA matches for evidence can't be back from the lab in less than 15 minutes! :faint:

;)

That is your theory.

As you can see in the above posts, there are quite a few other theories/scenarios that the audience has come up with.

I haven't settled on who the killer is or why yet.

That's tru. I can't even decide among myself...lol. Are they protecting the professor, did they do it themselves...is the guy with the coin manipulating everyone else to help the neighbour? I Have to keep watching I guess.

Like The Good Wife, all court proceedings happen within a week. ;)

And the case is built and prepped contemporaneously, apparently one witness at a time.

I agree, like her other shows (Scandal and Grey's Anatomy) it is not plausible but unlike those other shows, which never grabbed me, this one has enough intrigue to keep me interested, at least thus far. I think it is fair to assume there are many twists and turns ahead of us, and nothing is likely to be what it seems a mere two episodes in.

As I said in the previous thread, based on the trailers I figured this show was not for me. When everybody is an antagonist and nobody seems likable, it's not a show I'm interested in. Same reason why I hate Catcher in the Rye and The Great Gatsby. I've got nobody to identify with.

Defense lawyer schooling kids on how to get guilty people found innocent? No thank you. Affairs everywhere. No thank you. Who are you supposed to root for? Who's the likable character?

Take, instead, Supernatural. Sam, Dean, and Cas are all flawed, but in their heart-of-hearts you know they are trying to do the right thing most of the time. Same with Ollie from Arrow.

I really like this show so far. It reminds me of Damages with Glenn Close. It uses the same flashback/foreshadowing--which actually interests me because I have to pay attention.

Again, much like Glenn Close' character in Damages, she has a very hard exterior but most of that is because of her internal insecurities. I like Annalise in this show.

I think she believes her husband had something to do with it because obviously he's cheated with students in the past. She also checked his phone and the student that had been killed had sent him emails with the closing of just the first letter of her name. Pretty sure that's not normal. Then after she asked about the student and he said he didn't have anything to do with it, she checked his emails again and all that student's emails were erased.

The character they want you to like seems to be the young, black student. He seems naive, goes with the flow and just got into the program because of the waitlist.

As I said in the previous thread, based on the trailers I figured this show was not for me. When everybody is an antagonist and nobody seems likable, it's not a show I'm interested in. Same reason why I hate Catcher in the Rye and The Great Gatsby. I've got nobody to identify with.

Defense lawyer schooling kids on how to get guilty people found innocent? No thank you. Affairs everywhere. No thank you. Who are you supposed to root for? Who's the likable character?

Take, instead, Supernatural. Sam, Dean, and Cas are all flawed, but in their heart-of-hearts you know they are trying to do the right thing most of the time. Same with Ollie from Arrow.

This is exactly what defense lawyers do. They don't care (professionally) if their client is guilty or innocent--they just have to win the case to be successful. That is what these kids in the show are studying.

This is exactly what defense lawyers do. They don't care (professionally) if their client is guilty or innocent--they just have to win the case to be successful. That is what these kids in the show are studying.

See, since the first trailer had the kids hiding a body, it seemed to me they were actively helping to cover up a crime, I assumed for a client. I didn't realize at the time it was the professor's husband.

I'm loving this show. It's confusing, but I love it. It's very similar to Scandal. Nothing and no one is exactly as it seems. I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter