New Year, New Disney January 2023 Exercise Challenge

120 minutes prepping the horses and stalls for the 2 day ice event we're having. It has started and sounds furious and relentless. I am not loving this. Hoping we don't lose power and that the horses will be safe. Maybe it will at least harden the ground so we can stop sinking into all the mud that has tried really hard to cosplay as acceptable walking surface for the past several weeks. Oh, and I suppose if you don't hear from me for a few days, it means we've lost power.

2685/1860

We have two more color changes today! PollyannaMom has reached Rosetta Pink, and the TEAM has way exceeded goal and turned Tinker Bell Green!!! Way to go, everyone!!!! :ccat::hmghost::ccat::hmghost::ccat::hmghost:

There are several new Disney books being released this year that focus on Disney's 100th anniversary. See this article for the list. Planning to add any of these to your collection? There are a few I'd love to have, especially People Behind the Disney Parks.

120 minutes prepping the horses and stalls for the 2 day ice event we're having. It has started and sounds furious and relentless. I am not loving this. Hoping we don't lose power and that the horses will be safe. Maybe it will at least harden the ground so we can stop sinking into all the mud that has tried really hard to cosplay as acceptable walking surface for the past several weeks. Oh, and I suppose if you don't hear from me for a few days, it means we've lost power.

2685/1860

You must be getting the weather that moved in here Saturday night/Sunday. Our highs have been in single digits for a couple of days and we’ve had a few lashings of snow. I’m quite tired of winter. And our snowiest months actually are March and April, so we have a ways to go!

Hope you and the horses fare well!

+285 minutes since last post

1230/930... 132%

Down to unpacking the last seven boxes, then I'll need to find new ways to get my exercise minutes in.

I'm impressed - with both the active minutes and the unpacking status! Great job on both counts!

Me too! We still have more than 7 boxes unpacked, and this year is our 20th anniversary of moving into this house!

Congrats to PollyannaMom for reaching Iridessa Yellow!!!! :simba: :simba: :simba: :simba: Great work!!

Thanks for the well wishes. So far we still have power. The roads are pretty bad, so I couldn't get to the horses today. Unfortunately, they are predicting even worse road conditions tomorrow. The barn owners live next door to the property, though, so that's a big relief. @sophy1996, I'm over winter this year, too. I don't want summer, but I'll take a long spring at this point.

The Hatbox Ghost is coming to Disney World's Haunted Mansion this year!

1675231470782.png

"The Hatbox Ghost first made his debut in the Haunted Mansion during the ride's initial opening at Disneyland with a vanishing head gimmick, which would then reappear in the hatbox. However, shortly after the debut of the theme park attraction, Disney quickly removed the character due to the vanishing effect not functioning very well during its sequence of the ride. Despite his brief appearance, The Hatbox Ghost gained a cult status among the theme park community due to his striking character design, appearing in various merchandise and other forms of media related to the attraction." (credit: this article)

And that's it for January but not it for all the new coming to Disney this year. I think I just managed to scratch the surface. It's going to be an exciting year!

Well done, everyone! This month's numbers look great! If you have more minutes to add, please feel free to post them. I'll check back and update a final time in a few days. Thanks for hanging out with me! See you all in the February thread!

Last edited:
I have my final 25 minutes to add for January to bring me to 700/700. Yay! We've been cooped up in our house for the last two days and maybe even tomorrow due to a "winter storm." It looks like it has mostly been rain and a tiny bit of snow, but at times the temperature has been below freezing, so technically it could make for dicey road conditions. The most dangerous thing is probably the falling limbs and powerlines, which have been cold enough to form icicles. Everyone has been acting out of an abundance of caution, which is probably a good thing. But missing work just means I'll have more to do when the office does reopen. Ah well.

I'll come back later to post the new thread for February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter