New Year's Week: Which park, which day?

MamaBear12

Mouseketeer
We'll be in Orlando Dec 29-Jan 6 and are planning 2-3 days at WDW. Which days would you go? We want to avoid the crowds on New Years Eve. Would New Years Day be a good park day? January 2nd? 3rd? Current park hours are listed as 9am-8pm, but I'm assuming they'll have extended hours. Any idea what they might be? We're planning to do MK and AK and/or HS. We went the week between Christmas and New Years last year. Should we expect similar crowd sizes New Year's week, or will they taper off a bit? Thanks!

New Years' Day, especially in the morning is usually a slow day. Week days will be a bit better than the weekend. I think Jan 1,2,3 will be crowded but less crowded than the 4th and 5th which are the weekend.

I haven’t been to the parks over the holidays in years, but when I was there we went to Epcot in New Year’s Day and it was dead until about 1:00. From that point on it got crazy. Went to MK on the 28th and it was nuts!!! You couldn’t walk from one side of the park to the other. Wall to wall. Actually, now that I think about it, they closed the MK, due to capacity, very early that day, around 10:00am.

New Years' Day, especially in the morning is usually a slow day. Week days will be a bit better than the weekend. I think Jan 1,2,3 will be crowded but less crowded than the 4th and 5th which are the weekend.
That’s what I’m thinking...avoid the weekends and 31st. So, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Do they usually extend the hours? I remember them doing so last year for Christmas week, but I can’t remember how far in advance they released the extended schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter