New York or Orlando?? Heck, let`s do both.....12 nights NYC & Sapphire Falls...July 18 Trip Report

I believe it was Darwin they lived.........can’t imagine that type of heat where you can’t leave home!!

If I was ever to venture to Oz, I think it would be Sydney we would visit........Tom wants to do the bridge climb........uh, not for me!!! I get clammy hands just thinking about it........

Yes, long as we can land I’ll be happy.......wouldn’t mind if we had to wait a little longer though.........

Ahh yes My Mum is in Darwin right now visiting my brother and her new grandchild, its hot all year round up there!

Sydney is just right and I highly recommend the bridge climb although haven't been able to get Rob up there on 3 trips home....yet

Re your writing style, It cannot be copied you are unique, I think we all have our own style and that's what works. Here is my blog page https://theworldaccordingtomattblog.wordpress.com/ , I started blogging a year or so ago (haven't in a while) and I found people said they liked the way I wrote, hence why I want to blog my trip reports :)

This day is really taking me a long time to finish..…..I really need to get this one finished as I hate them to drag out!!!!

After coming out of the 3B`s we realized that tremendous heat already in place had seemed to double in temperature since we went in...…...it was like walking on the sun :sunny:...….so we did what we do best...….find a few places with shade...…..

This little area is always empty......no one seems to go around the back of Honeyduke`s, and it does have a few little details that are nice to see......the window to the right you can see where the dishes seem to be doing themselves...….

i-Dc2mnn5-XL.jpg

We do go in the store today, and as always it`s busy......but, we have seen it worse. People complain about the size and bla bla bla…...but they are perfectly true to the style to which they are designed...…...this is the way they are supposed to be and I`m glad she insisted on keeping them true to her stories.

We don't buy anything today, but do eye up the pumpkin pasty...…..always looks so good!!! I don't really like fudge, but the Butterbeer fudge is very nice which is strange as I don't really like Butterbeer...…...and of course the store has the benefit of being so cold!!!!

We did see a little girl threaten to hold her breath until her mother bought some candy she wanted...…..she started but soon gave up and breathed when her mother walked away and left her for a few seconds...…...nice one!!!

i-bkNNFP2-XL.jpg

It may look empty in this picture...…...but it really wasn't all around us...….it was a bit of a fluke.....or as Professor McGonagall would say...…..sheer dumb luck...…..::yes::

The amount of work going on for the new Potter coaster is immense...…..I do believe this one will be a fabulous ride and will fit in well with this area...…

i-7HKbfqW-XL.jpg

And this is where the crowds are...…...although July so far hadn't been as bad as we remembered or had been predicted. It was busy, no doubt, but very manageable crowd wise....although bathrooms could be a little mobbed...….the main ones anyway. But generally speaking, it wouldn`t put us off coming back again at this time of year.

As we walked past the end of the butterbeer line, I heard a lady tell her family she wasn't waiting in the line for Butterbeer...….so we told her she could go inside and get some in there...…I wasn't sure she believed me...….but they tootled off merrily and I hope they did get them...…...so many don't know that you don't have to wait at the cart.

i-7frqFbH-XL.jpg

We spend a little time just wallowing in the atmosphere and watching kids attempting and succeeding to do the spells...….and the little faces when they manage it are adorable...…….

And of course it is just a magical place to be in and around...……..and on a day like today, everything looks super beautiful...……

I had only seen this tower open once, last December and it was Kyle who spotted it...…..the bird came out and it was almost like a cuckoo clock......but, every visit since we had looked but had never seen it again...……I think we must have been just unlucky.

i-QvQKXj3-XL.jpg

i-474KgJx-XL.jpg

i-Xw5gbkw-XL.jpg

i-mTsX2CH-XL.jpg

i-X2sxp7J-XL.jpg

i-fQKvcJx-XL.jpg

As we left Hogsmeade I admired again how truly spectacular it is......and truly envy those seeing it through fresh eyes for the first time......it truly is an amazing sight to behold at anytime, but that first time......wow!!!

We don't plan to go to The Studios today, but we do wander up the path towards the Hogwarts Express...…..you do need to have your park to park to access this path as they don't let you up beyond the station without that, but someone had told us you can really see how the new Potter ride is coming along from there......so we got our passes scanned and went up for little nosey...……

i-Q4D4mD5-XL.jpg

i-Q4D4mD5-XL.jpg

i-hq3nS4S-XL.jpg

You can see a lot from here.

There is a unique part to this ride that sounds like it will be a lot of fun!!!!

We have a good look and do take a lot of pictures to show friends who are coming when this is open...….although nothing will replace Dueling Dragons for us, this looks to be such a good ride!!!

We head round the park again and into the Lost Continent...….this is a really cute area and distinctly underused, so the plans that will be coming into play soon will change all that I expect. The announcement that Sindbad is to close isn't really a surprise, but I did think Poseidon would close first, although that hasn't been announced yet. But, there is a lot of space here for something new and fabulous...…..although I hope the Mystic Fountain isn't lost forever with the new upgrades coming in the next few years.

We haven't ever tried these kebabs, but a few people have said they are lovely...…...we have tried the chicken stingers from Fire Eaters Grill and they are excellent......but the lack of an indoor seating area puts us off from eating at either place......we do like a sit down in a cool place for lunch...…..

i-XN63hC5-XL.jpg

i-fnNssVn-XL.jpg

There is a really cool little store inside Treasures of Poseidon. Think I posted a load of pictures inside on a previous trip report...….

i-pXHG6SG-XL.jpg

And of course the famous Mythos. Not our favourite restaurant, but the building is incredibly impressive......

i-LSfFjjZ-XL.jpg

i-23nn5Ks-XL.jpg

i-L4P9xcG-XL.jpg

Seuss and Lunch next...……………

Ahh yes My Mum is in Darwin right now visiting my brother and her new grandchild, its hot all year round up there!

Sydney is just right and I highly recommend the bridge climb although haven't been able to get Rob up there on 3 trips home....yet

Re your writing style, It cannot be copied you are unique, I think we all have our own style and that's what works. Here is my blog page https://theworldaccordingtomattblog.wordpress.com/ , I started blogging a year or so ago (haven't in a while) and I found people said they liked the way I wrote, hence why I want to blog my trip reports :)

I love the heat, but that sounds a little too much for me!!!!

I would love to see Sydney, but the bridge climb.....well it really would be a bridge too far from me!!! My hands get sweaty and clammy just thinking about heights and bridges!!! I`m with Rob there...……

I think you`re right about the writing......I took it to mean she may just copy and paste......lol......I hope not...….it was very odd. I`ll have a look at yours later.....my niece who is a journalist and a proper writer is always on at me to do a blog...….I don't know......I`m so not technical...……:D Always need Kyle to help me post the link to my trip reports on here...….not a word of a lie...….:rotfl:

I have always wanted to try those chicken stingers! I comment on it every time we are in the park, and my family always makes fun of me for some reason. I will try them one day!

The story about the little girl and her mom (who did the right thing!) reminded me of something that happened at this cute little candy shop Davy and I frequent. Davy loves going there but is always conservative in what he gets -- not too much really and he snacks on it all week (whereas, I have to be honest, at his age, I would've eaten all he got in one setting). Well, one day I was about to pick Davy up and stopped first to get him a little something. A girl there was being ornery as can be -- playing with the trash can when her mom had told her repeatedly to stop. They had a TON of candy -- now some of it may have been a gift or something, but it was sooo much and the girl was demanding more and more and the mom was arguing but always giving in. They spent over $200 in candy! I usually spend about $5-11 in there! It's almost difficult to spend that much! Anyway, I told Davy about it and how proud I am that I never have to deal with that -- he was so proud about it and brings it up every time we go in there and he gets his small bag of treats. So, I'll have to tell him the story you shared and he'll love it. And, good for that mom!

Also, Dueling Dragons was Davy's favorite -- I have to admit, even with my motion sickness patch, I could not handle it. Did it once and thought I was going to die. LOL. But, we're both looking forward to the new ride!

Loving your report and still learning more!

Seuss is definitely one of the more colorful areas of the park...……

I always tell everyone, probably numerous times now, we didn't grow up with Seuss as children. I don't know anyone who did know the stories...….I was introduced to them by my cousins when they came over from New York when we were around 9 and my younger cousin was 6...….I wasn't keen on Seuss stories at all as they did seem odd......never did take to Thing 1 and 2...…..strange little creatures...….but today, it is an amazing little area and a lot of fun despite being a little out there for my mind as to what constitutes a children`s story...…..but, we do however love the Grinch!!!!

We have around ten movies we watch faithfully every year around December time, as near to Christmas as we can...….and this is one of them...…….and some of my favorite quotes have come from this movie...……

And my favorite line from The man himself once again...………

I was facing the wrong way of course here...…..but a passing TM assured us it fitted into the way Seuss kind of worked...…..oh, ok...…...we just saw a lull in the crowds and snapped a few pictures...…..

I am very aware there are no pictures of Tom so far today...…...he was fiddling with his new camera at every turn and playing with buttons and settings.....so I let him be...….I think he was too engrossed in finding out what all the different settings did to pass it over to me...…….

I do get some of him later though :D

i-7KhNqXq-XL.jpg

i-8DXbqTq-XL.jpg

I can really see the big red face in this picture below!!!!! How hot was it??? 97.5F. And it felt hotter...…….but, we were loving it...….and thankful for sun screen......we really do have pastiest white skin ever...….coming from the West Of Scotland, we aren't known for suntanned complexions...…..so this type of heat for us is extreme...…..my mum for example wouldn't do well in this type of heat, although she does like warm weather too. So, we genuinely don't leave the hotel in the morning ever, without putting sun screen on liberally...…..it would only take moments for us to burn over here...…..

I had only been burned once, and it was 2007 on our first visit. We had left the parks to go to LBV outlet centre and had gone back to the room to shower......because we were only going shopping and lunch I hadn't bothered...….didn't plan to be in the sun at all...….I was in the sun for less than 10 minutes, around lunchtime and then as we sat in Bennigans (yes, it was that long ago) my arm began to get redder and redder and more painful by the minute...…..lesson learned.

i-nQLX7Sk-XL.jpg

i-7Gr4MfJ-XL.jpg

The trolley train is fun!!! Even if you don't have kids, enjoy it......no one bats an eyelid at adults going on any ride without tiddlers…...and although it does go incredibly high (to me) at one point......you see a lot of the park from up here...….not overly keen on the story that goes with it, but we do like this one.

However, we are ready for lunch so give it a miss and the same with CiTH……...will never understand that ride......very odd.

There is a little seating area to the side of Green Eggs and Ham food outlet...….although rarely open, we have seen it open several times over the years......just can`t remember the last time it was!!!!! It says seasonal, but we have seen it open in September...….so I`m not sure when it is supposed to be open.

i-NCSjbX6-XL.jpg

Hot and busy aren't our favorite parts of the park...….but we are now ready for lunch...…...me, I`m now about passing out with hunger!!!! Yes, with only eating a bit or two of the cinnabon, I was claiming to be starving!!!! And I was......tummy was growling...…….

i-ctwLVJD-XL.jpg

We love Confisco Grille.

It is somewhat overlooked in favor of Mythos by many people, but, we find it is better in so many ways...….both with menu choices and service. Although we do somehow tend to order the same thing on occasions...……

But, it is a lovely themed restaurant and almost, but not quite as cold as Mythos...……

i-mms4LWt-XL.jpg

We are seated immediately...….it was quite early maybe around 11.30/11.45 so wasn't too busy yet......but the cool air in here is always appreciated.....

i-7VqBgjK-XL.jpg

i-ggVMt6F-XL.jpg

We both order orange fantas today and we greedily drink almost a full one each before we even get a chance to peruse the menu choices......we were incredibly thirsty...……

and we were back to the dragged through a hedge backwards look!!!!!

i-bhhnz4n-XL.jpg

Jennifer who has served us several times before came back and we admit we were having the same as last time, Tom was opting for the Croissant Moon Club sandwich and I chose the shrimp and chicken sandwich with a side of jalapenos...…..then she remembered us!!!!! She laughed and said no one else ever asks for them with that sandwich and she asked if we had sangria last time...….yes we did!!! She remembered that because they had stopped doing the pitchers by then, but she thought they still had one out the back...…..so we got our pitcher of Sangria. Not today though...…….

We did get bread rolls, with that gorgeous honey butter...….but...…..I was so hungry, I ate the white rolls before we could blink...…..Tom had one of the brown ones and they are just rolls...….nothing special here, but tasty all the same......the butter however is beautiful.....and I don't like honey!!

Before the food came out, one of the managers stopped by to say hello...….his name was Ryan and he said Jennifer had told him we were regulars and thanked us for our business and constant support...….we told him how much we enjoyed it and would continue to frequent the establishment...….then the other manager Andy came over and introduced himself too...…...he said usually they had customers that said they hadn't been in 4 or 5 years or even longer, so it was lovely to hear from folks who visited more often but still ate there every time...…...we said we`d be back in September for HHN...…..he had noticed our lanyards of course...…..Tom`s was from 2008!!!!! And it shows...…...but, it was nice of them to come and say hello for a few minutes...…..

And at that the food arrived...……..

i-mRS4sFc-XL.jpg

i-kgZV7Wq-XL.jpg

Tom`s was fresh and ice cold...….he loved the potato salad that came with it...…….I did have a little taste and it was nice...……

Mine was hot and spicy...….the chicken is coated with spice but it`s not quite hot enough for me......so the jalapenos do the trick there...…...and the shrimp add that little bit extra...….the food really is lovely here...…….

It fills up a lot while we are in, but it`s not full...….you wouldn't have to wait at all if you came in here usually……….we have never waited...….

It is such a beautiful restaurant...……..

i-FCstJ8m-XL.jpg

We pay the check and head outside to the heat, although the sun is slightly not as potent as it was......a little cloud can be nice at times...…..

I`ve posted hundreds of pictures of Port of Entry over the years...…..it really is a beautiful and well themed part of the park...…..there are hundreds of little designs and detail to be picked up on every trip...…..I still marvel at how I missed the cat balcony........….even though I don't like cats, I should still have noticed it at some point in 11 years.......

But, it`s colourful and I adore wandering around it day or night. The stores have some wonderful items, including the famous Christmas store......we would keep our purchases there for December trip........but we always have a wander through and the aromas as you walk in are pure Christmas!!!

i-4bqDHwR-XL.jpg

i-fc8Qf6g-XL.jpg

i-cnQwCPM-XL.jpg

i-DxgRvDv-XL.jpg

i-CqntPkt-XL.jpg

We exit the park and head for the boats now........

There are only a couple of other people on the boat with us going back to the hotel today......it is very quiet........which is nice.......but we don't get the dancing and singing captains when there are only 5 people on the boat.........

i-F8RThC7-XL.jpg

The boat ride is always lovely and we hadn't waited long at all today, one had appeared as we walked down the steps, and as there was only a few of us, he set off pretty soon............the restaurants on the way past look great again, day or night........Toothsome is not one we are overly fond of, but the theme is a good one!!! We had tried their chocolates, various flavors and varieties......not impressed at all. Lacked something, whereas the ones we had purchased from Godiva were delicious......so we knew where we would buy any chocolates from now on over here, and it wasn't Toothsome`s.

i-3ckdzb9-XL.jpg

i-T9bPWLK-XL.jpg

We had noticed over the last few visits Jake`s Plane had been looking a little dull.......but the last few days they had been painters there giving it a fresh coat that it badly needed and it now looked almost brand new.........despite it being obviously stranded!!

i-2px6bHT-XL.jpg

We love this hotel. I never tire of seeing this view as the boat pulls around the corner........they had really pulled off exactly what they wanted to achieve with this Caribbean inspired hotel.......although we had never been there, it felt right to us anyway!!!

i-g2VNsPS-XL.jpg

i-gv9XdGc-XL.jpg

This view below showed Amatista restaurant downstairs where you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner here.....and food is so good......the floor above shows the outdoor area of StrongWater Tavern and you can see where the fire pit is........

i-F7JP67L-XL.jpg

i-KjxdLFd-XL.jpg

Getting off the boat you pass one of the outdoor areas for Amatista too........we had never sat out here.....but always planned too.......maybe next visit.......

i-MpSFP4f-XL.jpg

As we exit the elevator we take a quick picture of the pool.......it looks incredibly quiet today........and we do have a quick thought to change our plans and have a pool afternoon........but, we decide to do as we have planned.........

i-8rhQD32-XL.jpg

And out the other windows you can look over to RPR and the boat dock here..........

i-QHBHMfB-XL.jpg

Coming up Mall at Millenia..........

I have always wanted to try those chicken stingers! I comment on it every time we are in the park, and my family always makes fun of me for some reason. I will try them one day!

It has been a while Andrea, but I remember them being delicious, and spicy enough for my hot tastes ::yes::...…....…...Kyle had the non spicy ones and liked them a lot too...…..

I think you`d like them...…..:)

The story about the little girl and her mom (who did the right thing!) reminded me of something that happened at this cute little candy shop Davy and I frequent. Davy loves going there but is always conservative in what he gets -- not too much really and he snacks on it all week (whereas, I have to be honest, at his age, I would've eaten all he got in one setting). Well, one day I was about to pick Davy up and stopped first to get him a little something. A girl there was being ornery as can be -- playing with the trash can when her mom had told her repeatedly to stop. They had a TON of candy -- now some of it may have been a gift or something, but it was sooo much and the girl was demanding more and more and the mom was arguing but always giving in. They spent over $200 in candy! I usually spend about $5-11 in there! It's almost difficult to spend that much! Anyway, I told Davy about it and how proud I am that I never have to deal with that -- he was so proud about it and brings it up every time we go in there and he gets his small bag of treats. So, I'll have to tell him the story you shared and he'll love it. And, good for that mom!

Also, Dueling Dragons was Davy's favorite -- I have to admit, even with my motion sickness patch, I could not handle it. Did it once and thought I was going to die. LOL. But, we're both looking forward to the new ride!

Loving your report and still learning more!

Glad you`re still along Alice...…

Some people`s parenting does leave a lot to be desired...….and some kids behavior is shocking to see at times......and no sometimes it really is just bad behavior despite the excuses on occasions!!!!

Yes, your son and ours sound so similar...….no wonder you are proud!!! I`d have been the same as you as a kid......lol......

We once waited hours in the cold to see Thomas the Tank Engine.....long and boring story, but big disappointment......we left and told Kyle we were taking him to Toy`r`us and he could pick anything he liked, genuinely....anything to make up for the ridiculous waits and basically crap day he had......he was around 5 and hadn't complained once. Alice, he picked the tiniest little toy you could imagine......then asked if we could go to the coffee shop opposite for a glass of milk!!!! My heart swelled with both pride in him and anger at the bloomin railway company that had cocked it up so bad...…...so I know exactly what you mean.....we still remind him of that.

Yes, the mother was having none of it and the kid soon realized she was wasting her time...…..

We all loved Duelling Dragons...….amazingly smooth ride.....but did have a kick!!!!

We once waited hours in the cold to see Thomas the Tank Engine.....long and boring story, but big disappointment......we left and told Kyle we were taking him to Toy`r`us and he could pick anything he liked, genuinely....anything to make up for the ridiculous waits and basically crap day he had......he was around 5 and hadn't complained once. Alice, he picked the tiniest little toy you could imagine......then asked if we could go to the coffee shop opposite for a glass of milk!!!! My heart swelled with both pride in him and anger at the bloomin railway company that had cocked it up so bad...…...so I know exactly what you mean.....we still remind him of that.

I love this story! You're so right -- Davy's birthday is coming up in October. He hasn't asked for one material thing. He said he'd like an "experience" like I gave him last year (we spent the night with the penguins last year at the zoo) but that's it. As you know, I have a surprise trip planned for him with his buddies to a almost-local amusement park (and some outdoor activities planned too). So excited! Too bad Kyle couldn't come join us! An excellent example of a young man!

I love this story! You're so right -- Davy's birthday is coming up in October. He hasn't asked for one material thing. He said he'd like an "experience" like I gave him last year (we spent the night with the penguins last year at the zoo) but that's it. As you know, I have a surprise trip planned for him with his buddies to a almost-local amusement park (and some outdoor activities planned too). So excited! Too bad Kyle couldn't come join us! An excellent example of a young man!

He’s going to love that birthday gift.......isn’t it wonderful when kids aren’t materialistic.........although I suppose I could argue Kyle’s track days are a little bit materialistic with the cost of them!! But, cars are our thing.......so we never minded.........we are so incredibly proud of the young man he has become........

I know you are of Davy too.........we are lucky!!!!

Ps........love Liza Jane ::yes:: ::yes:: I’m getting through them.........slowly as I’ve been so wrapped up, but loving them!!!

Dang it, Tom! He knows he's supposed to get into pics for me! LOL. ;)

Lol......that became a running joke if he ever needed to share the camera a bit more..........I would say......it’s for Alice........smile!!! :laughing: And he did!!!

I've spent the last few days binging on your last two trips! They are so much fun to read :)

I can only read trip reports when we are close to our next trip or i get very anxious to start planning!! We head down again Sept 14 with my two middle sons. I am so excited to escape to Florida again...and can't wait for 4 nights of HHN!!

We are definitely planning on more pool time at Portifino this yesr. Last few times we just get too caught up in watching our special needs son enjoy the rides! We think he's finally calmed down enough to be able to enjoy the pools after the parks!

I've spent the last few days binging on your last two trips! They are so much fun to read :)

I can only read trip reports when we are close to our next trip or i get very anxious to start planning!! We head down again Sept 14 with my two middle sons. I am so excited to escape to Florida again...and can't wait for 4 nights of HHN!!

We are definitely planning on more pool time at Portifino this yesr. Last few times we just get too caught up in watching our special needs son enjoy the rides! We think he's finally calmed down enough to be able to enjoy the pools after the parks!

:welcome: Back to you Threeboysandachickie

Lovely to see you back on the boards.......and glad you’re here posting :thumbsup2

Sounds a fabulous trip!!! I hope you do get some pool time. I can understand why you haven’t been able to do it so far, but best wishes for your boy to be able to enjoy that time with you all.

Portofino pools are fabulous.........and coming back to the pool after the parks is a lovely way to end a day......and HHN too!! Yay!!

You have to say hi if you see us..........we’ll be there opening night on the 14th, not sure what time yet.......will decide on the day if we go for opening time or leave it a little later!! Long as I see Mr Myers I’ll be happy........::yes::

So excited for you..........and again, welcome back :wave2:

Oh I meant to ask bout your Toothsome experience, I've missed it along the way. I know they were closed just the other day for failing a health inspection!

Should be a quick post...……………….

Once we were back in the room, we got showered and changed...…..our room as always had been cleaned immaculately and I`m not sure what she sprays the room with, but it was very fresh and fruity...….I suppose citrusy...….it was nice anyway...….and she had left me another little Thank you note again today......we were becoming like pen friends now!!! Like so many TM we came across, she was lovely and always so friendly when you met her...…...we had been so impressed with the staff at Sapphire Falls...…….

Once changed we went back down to get the car...….Tom got the fob this time, can`t say key as it doesn't have one...... so he had the pleasure of driving today...…..oh well, it wasn't far.....:P

The ramp on to the I4 still hadn't been completed while we were here, so it was the other route we took again...…..the ramp is now open so we`ll be back using our regular route in September...…..we always come back the other way avoiding the I4 strangely....it`s a quicker route except for the junction at Kirkman and Vineland...…..nightmare!!!!

I`m sure anyone who knows us, knows we love the Mall at Millenia...…...it really is our favorite mall and we spend a lot of time here over our trips......probably far too much time, especially as I claim not to be a shopper...…….:rolleyes1

It takes around 10 minutes to get here, most of that is waiting at traffic lights...…...and we get parked quite close to the main entrance today. Sometimes you can be so far away, but one thing about this mall is, we have never felt unsafe here...…..sometimes we have been warned of instances at The Florida Mall......although we have never felt unsafe or uncomfortable there, it is something we keep in the back of our mind. But, using common sense is kinda obvious at times.

The entrance is bright and airy and as we pass The Cheesecake Factory we again think how much Kyle loves the place...…….this picture of him was taken in 2014 as he was anticipating his 43rd Linda`s Chocolate Fudge Cake of the trip...……..the boy loves his chocolate cake...……::yes:: We would make sure we visited again in December when he comes back with us...………….

(I do like him to make an appearance in trip reports, even though he isn`t actually with us )

i-XDhqGfj-XL.jpg

i-tzcmdj2-XL.jpg

i-LggLfRW-XL.jpg

We walk in and see the temporary Louis Vuitton stand in the centre of the Mall...…..I automatically gravitate there without looking elsewhere, Tom did laugh at that......…..

i-5Q4vbTv-XL.jpg

They were doing perfumes and I have to say the man who was standing outside wasn't the friendliest...…., and I suppose that could be off putting to some......but not us...….we bundled past him and went inside and spoke to the ladies who were both lovely...…...I`m not a huge fan of LV perfumes but they did have a coupe that were nice...….we didn't buy any though as at the moment I have perfume overload at home......and I did want to pick up a new Chanel one while I was here...….we could get the really large 100ml size......not sure what that is in oz...…...3.4oz?????? So perfume wasn't really an urgent buy for me today......but it was nice chatting to them and I did get an idea for a friends birthday...…….

i-C6v45PQ-XL.jpg

We headed straight upstairs as we planned to share a Haagen Dazs ice cream...…...we got a large Dulce de Leche……..my favourite with caramel sauce.....and two spoons...…….:cloud9:

And it was delicious...….and I think I got the main share of it...….

The food court here is lovely...….so much variety and never feels cramped as it is so light...….the tables are kept immaculately clean as is the whole mall......we have had many lunches here and enjoyed them all. And it is the perfect place to people watch at the same time...…..

i-LwNFNxm-XL.jpg

After our ice cream we do have a good wander around...…….it`s a fairly quiet mall, even on a weekend it never seems cramped unlike The florida Mall which fills me with stress just thinking about how busy it got last time we went on a weekend!!!

We love the selection of stores here...….from Williams and Sonoma to Pottery Barn to Macy to Bloomingdales to Bath and Body...….not ignoring Godiva...….I do like some of their chocolates!!! But, there is a good variety of stores, some are upper end, but it`s still nice to wander even if you aren't buying...….

i-LT6hqBj-XL.jpg

i-jQ4GKC2-XL.jpg

Of course it doesn't take long till we find ourselves near LV and Tiffany...…….:hug:

i-ZL3M4Gm-XL.jpg

i-KT4DF4w-XL.jpg

Always love a good wander around both these stores...….although we don`t actually buy anything from them today, it`s still nice to wander around. The guy who sold us my two rings from Tiffany last September wasn't there today, so we had a quick look and we did see something Tom liked for me......but......it was a little too flashy for me I think...…...so we did just look!!!! I really don't wear a lot of jewellery, I tend to stick to the same items as they have tremendous sentiment attached to them......and the rings I got last year for my 50th and the ones for our 25th Wedding anniversary were more than enough for me...….I love them so much!!!!

i-9qXV9mH-XL.jpg

We did spend a whole lot of money in Bath & Body Works...…...lol......no different to LV!!!!! We had to stop as we kept thinking about luggage room......but we purchased a load of the hand soaps and some more body lotions......ideal for stocking fillers for friends...…..and we wandered into Macy where I picked up a few items of make up I needed and the large Chanel Chance au Fraiche which is one of my favourites……….

i-pCnT2LQ-XL.jpg

Back out into the sunshine and it is glorious...…...it was 96F when we started the car up, so we didn't hang around to take lot of pictures today...…..but it is such a pretty mall with a pleasant exterior...……

i-sQtsxV7-XL.jpg

We had spent a good couple of hours here today, and I was sure we`d be back in September again...…...but for now we had a quick drive to Publix to buy something for someone else, and then we headed back to the hotel...……..

Tom was loving this car!!!!!

i-vx4sbnS-XL.jpg

Was supposed to finish today in this post...….but back in a bit...…………….::yes::

Oh I meant to ask bout your Toothsome experience, I've missed it along the way. I know they were closed just the other day for failing a health inspection!

Yes, I heard it had been closed, but opened fairly quickly...…..

I think it doesn't appeal to me as a theme......but the meal I had wasn't great, Tom`s was alright......hard to go wrong with a burger...…..I had the Totchos and it was a congealed mess rather than what is was supposed to be...….the chocolate bread I found to be disgusting...….but again, not really a chocolate fan......however I do love pain au chocolat :confused3

We tried their chocolate selection and found them to be unpalatable to the extreme...…..I did like their cotton candy though. And the giant desserts don't really entice us at all...….far too huge!!

To be honest, we usually give places a second chance, but the whole package wasn't a draw for us to go again...…...too many other places to choose from...…

I would however, tell anyone to give it a try...….you may love it!!! :thumbsup2

Yes, I heard it had been closed, but opened fairly quickly...…..

I think it doesn't appeal to me as a theme......but the meal I had wasn't great, Tom`s was alright......hard to go wrong with a burger...…..I had the Totchos and it was a congealed mess rather than what is was supposed to be...….the chocolate bread I found to be disgusting...….but again, not really a chocolate fan......however I do love pain au chocolat :confused3

We tried their chocolate selection and found them to be unpalatable to the extreme...…..I did like their cotton candy though. And the giant desserts don't really entice us at all...….far too huge!!

To be honest, we usually give places a second chance, but the whole package wasn't a draw for us to go again...…...too many other places to choose from...…

I would however, tell anyone to give it a try...….you may love it!!! :thumbsup2

Ahhh gotcha. yeah we will try it but funnily enough we aren't desperate to try it like most Orlando things. Rob is the sweet one and I am more savoury so he will be trying all those sweets

I also think some of their desserts are too big to eat but that's Florida for you I guess :):)

We got back to the hotel and one of the lovely valet guys took our car and parked it where it should be...…….we always have a chat with whoever brings or takes it...….they are lovely young guys who no wonder they are so slim!!!! Tom and I commented we should really get a job doing that......we`d be skinny!!!!

Bought a coffee from Dutch Trading co...…....….and we went up to our room and we planned to have a chill out for an hour or so before we headed into Citywalk tonight...…..we had thought we would eat at NBC tonight and have a drink somewhere...….

We poured ourselves a glass of wine.....and sat down to watch some tv......well, Tom watched some tv while I went on my ipad and tried to catch up with some emails I had been a little lax in responding to...….so we were chatting and laughing and thinking maybe we should start to pack up some of our stuff then our doorbell went...….I did love having a doorbell :D...…...I went to open it and there were smiling staff members and said they had a delivery for us...……….and as we weren't expecting anything we were a little surprised...….

But, they brought in this...……………

i-h998wQd-XL.jpg

How lovely!!!! It was from Sara who we had given a wedding gift to and she had enclosed a lovely thank you card with the most beautiful words.....she had said the card I had written for her had made her cry a little, and this one had done this to me too...….awwww...…..but she had enclosed some wedding pictures and some of Haiti, which was a place I always kind of yearned to visit...…..her dress was beautiful and I was so glad she had enclosed them for us to see......and of course she knew we liked the odd glass of two of wine!!!! This was so kind and nice of her, but she is a lovely, lovely girl...…..

I knew she was on days off now, so I sent off a thank you email and told her we would see her in September as we would be visiting Sapphire too.....

We popped the wine in the fridge and had another glass of the wine we had already opened...…….and indeed began to pack up a little...….just a little though.....

It was around 7pm we decided we would head into Citywalk for dinner later and just a general wander around and take in the atmosphere.....but first we went out to get a picture of Aventura as dusk fell...….although it wasn't quite dark enough yet...…..and of course he got the car in the picture too...….

i-SSFkVHg-XL.jpg

We wandered down to the boat dock and it was incredibly busy...…..so we decided to walk tonight......it was quite pleasant as there was a slight breeze in the air...…..we would head for RP and if there was a boat there we would get it, if not we would keep walking...…….

It is a nice walk from any of the hotels to Citywalk, and none of them take long at all.....even PBH isn't that far in the grand scale of things......the paths are mostly shaded and the walkways are beautiful and feel incredibly safe even late at night...…..you do see security officers, some on bikes and there`s usually plenty of people around...…..

But, for the boat dock, I think this was the most people I had seen waiting to get on a boat...…..we were almost at RP when we saw one go past us tonight.....

i-RqRxBfC-XL.jpg

i-JvBGn9L-XL.jpg

We did get a boat from RP as one appeared as we walked down to the dock...…...and a few minutes later we were in the area that was starting to twinkle with lights, Citywalk.

We had a quick cocktail at Fat Tuesdays and it was pleasant till four smokers sat down, of course you can smoke in these areas as they are outdoors......but it wasn't pleasant for us, so we drank up quickly and headed to NBC.

We passed by Voodoo Donut and lamented a little we hadn't even had one this trip......we did think about buying some tonight and keeping them for breakfast as many folks had told us they keep well in the fridge...….so if we remembered we would do that...………

i-T9mGjg4-XL.jpg

We have always had a lovely meal in here and it can get incredibly busy...….it wasn't too bad but it`s always a noisy place no matter where you sit......we saw one little family leave as we entered and the little boy was upset...….the mum caught my eye and said he was incredibly noise sensitive, it really is loud.....

We were seated immediately and ordered fanta as again, we planned to have a drink later...…..and the cocktails here aren't anything to write home about......they are nice, just not spectacular...…….so fanta would do nicely. However, our waitress tried and failed to entice us into ordering alcohol which I was a little surprised at...….we politely declined.

i-zDjjH2g-XL.jpg

We had a good peruse of the menu and Tom knew what he was having instantly...…..the brisket dinner...….it came with cornbread and fries and a side of bbq sauce...……..

I was torn. Between several dishes...…..I did fancy a steak...…..so, despite the little warning in my head wondering how they were with steaks......I ordered one and asked for it rare...…..then there may be a good chance it would be medium rare...…….I asked for tator tots and coleslaw...…..

Although it`s a loud restaurant, it is nice and does have an atmosphere about it......staff are usually excellent.

i-xLNmg5q-XL.jpg

Tom`s arrived slightly ahead of mine...…….and it was divine. His brisket was tender, juicy and full of taste...…….the bbq sauce was tangy and tasty...….his meal was a big success!!!!

i-QKXkfk8-XL.jpg

Doesn't mine look nice!!! Yes, it looked lovely...…….

i-XmwJkDX-XL.jpg

It was rock solid...…...so unbelievably overcooked and was honestly not of any type of quality...…….I didn't expect Ocean Prime standard or The Palm but I did expect it to be edible.

We called over our waitress and told her it was like shoe leather...…..she wasn't convinced so I cut it in half and there wasn't a bit of pink or red to be seen......and no juice whatsoever...…….I should have ordered my usual...……..lesson learned.

She said they would redo it and it would be rare...…….

Meanwhile, Tom had cleared his......and would have loved every mouthful......but he knew mine wasn't good and we like to eat together, not separate...….he was finished by the time she brought my new dish...……so he didn't really get to enjoy his meal...…..I hate that!!!

It wasn't any better when she brought it back. It what I would describe as well done. I ate the tator tots, well, some of them and didn't like the coleslaw...….she asked how it was and I told her it wasn't good and was extremely disappointed. I had lost my appetite by now.

She asked if we wanted dessert...…..lol...…..I wanted to leave and go somewhere else..……

We did get the meal discounted, but I`d rather have paid and enjoyed a good steak......how hard is it to cook a steak...….but, the quality was dreadful and when you look at the price they ask for a steak, I expected better...….never again...…..

We left at that point seriously disappointed in our meal...….but, I would absolutely go back again to NBC as they do some excellent burgers and the brisket is gorgeous...….I just won`t order steak...……..

Citywalk is beautiful at night...….we did plan to go have a drink in Margaritaville, but we heard someone say you couldn't move in it tonight......so a boat approached for Sapphire and we made the decision to just get the boat and go back to StrongWater………

i-XXLmgCk-XL.jpg

We did take a couple of pictures first of course...…...it was a lovely temperature tonight......and we really should have walked, but, we were too lazy if I`m honest...…...and the boat was right there...…….:D

i-mnPC5Hq-XL.jpg

i-qCcrfJS-XL.jpg

i-xfGnJ8W-XL.jpg

The boat captain tonight was a lovely young lady who`s name I cannot believe I`ve forgotten...….she continually gets excellent reviews from people and is a lot of fun!!! And she had always eluded us on the boats......but tonight she was driving the boat...….do you drive a boat......sail a boat????? Anyway, she was lovely and a great sense of humour……...the short journey went even quicker and a few minutes later we were docked at Sapphire...…….and then realized we had forgotten the donuts for breakfast!!!!

We really wanted those donuts...………

We briefly considered getting back on the boat to get them........but thought that was just silly........lol...….so went straight to StrongWater and easily found a seat tonight, it wasn't too busy...….the lovely Casey was taking care of us tonight and he recognized us in a heartbeat...…...he is a smashing guy and is excellent at his job, very personable and we liked him a lot...…….and while we decided what to order he brought a little bowl of spicy nuts and sat it down...….he knew we liked them a lot...….lol...……

I opted for the Rum Revival and Tom went for the Fountain of youth...…...and we chose to share the Tres Leches cake...….

i-Df3Kz9w-XL.jpg

Oh my goodness!!!! This cake is beautiful...……..pure condensed milk flavor...…….Tom wasn't as keen on it tonight as I was...….but I also think he was fully stuffed from his beautiful dinner...…….I on the other wasn't...………

The cocktails were as always a treat...…….they do know how to make a fabulous cocktail...……

We sat and chilled out for a while and chatted to Casey who was curious why we came to Orlando so often, especially as we travelled from the UK......we laughed as we do hear that a lot...…...what`s not to love...…….:P

We had another each of the same drinks and around 11pm we went up to our room...…..watched a little tv and we both felt quite tired by now...….so, fairly early night as we were in bed by 11.30pm!!!

We had enjoyed another lovely day, but we were sadly thinking tomorrow was our last full day...…………..

Last edited:
Love tres leches! I made one for my birthday this year and had to give the leftovers to the neighbors before I ate the whole thing myself! Your night time pictures are just beautiful

Good Day @schumigirl, I myself have had bad luck there with the steak...:confused3.....I do believe I’ll have a go at that brisket!!!!!

You would think if they can nail the brisket then they ought to be able to at least put an edible steak on your plate.

I smoke a lot of meats and brisket is one that can easily be to dry if you’re not careful, IMO it’s harder to get right.

I also would to say I have had very good luck with the Beef Medalions at Mythos!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter