"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

THanks DannysMom and Tigger... I have a feeling that you'll be getting some PMs from me.

Penelope was born at 35weeks 1 day but gestationally, she was about 32 weeks. I had steriod shots a few days before she was born to help with her lungs (and I guess they worked because we haven't had any problems with them). This is her 16th day in the NICU and it never occurred to me that she would be in there so long. We thought that she'd be in for about a week and then get to go home. I hate having her there. I do not like that I have to follow visiting hours to see my child and that sometimes we go in and some stranger (a nurse, but i don't know her) tells me that I can't hold my child or I can't try to feed her. I hate it.
Right now we are really struggling with the whole feeding thing. Just yesterday she figured out that she needed to open her mouth and not purse her lips.
She's also having some trouble regulating her own temp. She was moved into an open crib a few days ago, and when we went in on Thurs she didn't have a hat on (which really pissed me off. like a lot. because there is no excuse for her to not be wearing a hat.) and she was only 96 degrees so they had to put her under warming lights and now she's back in the incubator. talk about frustrating.

THanks DannysMom and Tigger... I have a feeling that you'll be getting some PMs from me.

Penelope was born at 35weeks 1 day but gestationally, she was about 32 weeks. I had steriod shots a few days before she was born to help with her lungs (and I guess they worked because we haven't had any problems with them). This is her 16th day in the NICU and it never occurred to me that she would be in there so long. We thought that she'd be in for about a week and then get to go home. I hate having her there. I do not like that I have to follow visiting hours to see my child and that sometimes we go in and some stranger (a nurse, but i don't know her) tells me that I can't hold my child or I can't try to feed her. I hate it.
Right now we are really struggling with the whole feeding thing. Just yesterday she figured out that she needed to open her mouth and not purse her lips.
She's also having some trouble regulating her own temp. She was moved into an open crib a few days ago, and when we went in on Thurs she didn't have a hat on (which really pissed me off. like a lot. because there is no excuse for her to not be wearing a hat.) and she was only 96 degrees so they had to put her under warming lights and now she's back in the incubator. talk about frustrating.

feel free to pm me!! Visiting hours... shows how hospitals are different. We were able to be there 24/7, even when he was in boston. In boston, only ones that could visit was hubby and I. But where I delivered, I could bring 1-2 people in w/me depending on how many people were in nicu. We shared a room w/a set of twins, so usually I could bring 2. I couldn't bring my other 2 boys, in they had to be over 18. I was actually able to stay at hospital as a "boarder" hospital is about 50 minutes from my house, hubby would travel back and forth, but I was able to stay entire time, as long as there was a room available. It was a great options to have. I could go home for the night if I wanted to and use the room as a day room.

HUGS!!! :grouphug:

I ordered CJ's cake from the BW bakery today. I was going to ask for special frosting to keep out the milk, but then said....how much is he really going to get in his mouth! So I got vanilla cake w/buttercream frosting and filling (would love the fruit filling, but don't think that would work for him) they are going to pipe blue mickey heads all over the top and sides!

Can't wait!!! 2 weeks from right now, I'll be at Ohana!!! Yummy I love the banana dessert...none for CJ though.:guilty:

I'm so jealous of all of you. :sad:

We're going in early November of 2012! It's been decided. :rotfl: Unless I'm student teaching or something like that where I can't leave, then we'll push it back to Christmas time. :)
Hopefully November works out, though, because I want to go to the Food and Wine Festival again!! :banana:

I hope you both have wonderful trips, though!! I know I'll see Stacy's pictures on FB but Robin you better post some too!! :thumbsup2

*eta*
HAPPY EASTER!

We're going in early November of 2012! It's been decided. :rotfl: Unless I'm student teaching or something like that where I can't leave, then we'll push it back to Christmas time. :)
Hopefully November works out, though, because I want to go to the Food and Wine Festival again!! :banana:

We already are planning to go for DD fourth birthday! :laughing: So February 2014. Yeah, a long way off, but I think that I would freak out if there wasn't a Disney trip to look forward to. I'm used to going once if not twice a year! I haven't been there since last May. It hasn't even been a year yet and my withdrawl is soooooo bad!!!

I hope you all are having a Happy Easter! We are headed to my mom's a little later. It will be DD first holiday!

I had 2 friends come over this morning to see DD and they said that I was now a "lady of leisure" since I don't "work". Um, I see being a mom as the hardest job ever!! 24/7 with no vacation time, sick time, or breaks. I'm certainly not complaining, but it's hard to hear someone say that I'm not "working". :rolleyes:

I hope you both have wonderful trips, though!! I know I'll see Stacy's pictures on FB but Robin you better post some too!! :thumbsup2

*eta*
HAPPY EASTER!

12 days and counting...really 11 days and 5 hours til we leave :cool1: CJ's cake is ordered, I need to fill out the allergy ADR sheet and pack!! Waiting for gymboree bucks redemption next week! I have $100 in gymbucks!

So I'm feeling like a bad mommy right, now but my oldest needs to learn. we were suppose to have an easter egg hunt at home when we got back from dinner. but he was a complete *$$ at the restaurant. So, when no tv wasn't working, no outside time wasn't working, we went to no egg hunt.

I feel bad, but really need to stick to my guns on this one...and I said to hubby when we were driving to dinner that I was going to tell them it was 1 disney $ per egg found vs just putting the m&m's in there! UGH!!!!

He asked if he could still have one next year! Oh boy....

Adi,I am torn between these two:

LOVEIT.jpg

..and
room2.jpg

I added the paint chips from the paint companys website. I don't want to repaint the room so I was trying to find something that matched the existing paint color. Still not sure, but thinking it would work if you accented it right.

I like the first one better - but I am partial to monkey's and they seem to be prominent on the first set :)

Katie will be 11 mos old April 14, and I haven't had a visitor yet.:goodvibes
That sounds awesome! LOL - I'm not looking forward to it coming back after being visitor free for over a year!
I was one of the unlucky ones who got it back immediately EVERY TIME.:scared1:
Sorry to hear! It is funny when I was admitted to the hospital for my appendix the NURSE was shocked I hadn't had one in over a year (well, I was pg for 9 months and then BFing, LOL). You would like a health care professional would understand, but I guess BFing isn't as common as it should be!

Advice needed please!!!

DS has recently started having bad gas. Causing him to fart and cry alot. He is only calm when I am constantly patting his back after a meal but it isn't after every meal. I started adding mylicon to his bottles and that seems to help but I don't want to to have to do that forever. That is alot of medicine everyday and I'm afraid it may affected him negitively though it says safe for every feeding. I'm not sure if he doesn't like his formula (Nestle Good Start Gentle Plus) I have been using anymore or the bottles. I have tried changing the bottles. I have used madela, playtex ventair, evenflow glass bottles, Nuke Orthropedic, and smoothies bottles. Is there a way to find out if he is sensitive to the formula or that he just is sucking down too much air with his bottles? I think he is just sucking down to much air from the side of his mouth by passing the air vents as he eats cause he was not having any problems with the formula before. So it doesn't matter what bottle he eats from if he still is getting air but I still don't want to rule out that it may be the formula. How do I figure out how to stop his gas.

Should I try the soy version of Good Start?
Should I just add the mylicon to every bottle to help keep his gas under control? He is happier with those bottles.

I highly recommend BioGaia (I bought mine here: http://www.everidishomedelivery.com/Category/BioGaiaProbioticDrops.aspx She's not eating food yet, so I just drop the 5 drops right into her mouth. She's always liked the little tummy's though (which I think works better than mylicon).

Hey, ladies!!

Do I need to PM a moderator to close the other thread, or do you think they'll do it automatically?? I know they like to close the longer ones down.

...oh, and we have a name! Owen. :)

LOVE the name, Lucas and Owen, so cute!

On other mega threads I'm on, the mod's close it, but usually when we get to page 250 (or a page or two before it).

Okay, so I know that some of you are making your own baby food, which I plan on doing as well. In fact, already told my dad what Elliott would like for him to plant in the garden this summer! However, have any of you done your own rice cereal? I saw online how to do it, but just wondering what kind of results any of you got.

BabyTigger- I am making my own rice cereal. I actually just got the go ahead today from the pediatrician to start on solids at 4.5 months! I hope to make some tonight and I will let you know how it went!

Oooh, I am curious!

When Elliott was in at the doctor last week for his 2 month checkup, his pediatrician (whom I absolutely adore!) said, "Four months for rice cereal. but he is low on the weight charts (27th%) so if you find him eating and eating and not satisfied, you can start him sooner." I know with my other DS, he was on cereal right around 3 months old. And no weight problems with him. He is 10, 5 feet tall, and 79 pounds!

I was wondering the same thing, Maggie. Lucas and I sat on the back porch and I wanted to let him crawl in the grass but didn't...

Lisa, I saw that you got the box! Congrats!

Thanks!!!!:yay::yay::yay: I am sooooo excited!

So, I got drunk for the first time in like 5 years on Friday night!:banana::scared1:

and then had to get up with 3 kids......:lmao: Let's just say that it was the last time I will get drunk for a very long time.

We had our WIC appointment today. It went really well and they are going to cover Luca's very expensive formula! They also offered me a job as a breastfeeding consultant, which I would love to do, but it's full-time. With 3 kids and school, I'm already overscheduled.:rotfl:

Patsy...I LOVE the name Owen! I know it was on the list with one of the 3 boys! Lucas and Owen sounds cute together!

So....all this time, I thought the Mommies board was just quiet because of the holiday. I totally forgot that it moved to a new thread.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We have been somewhat quiet.

How far are you from Pittsburgh, Lisa? I may have to drive to come to your party, it looks like so much fun. (j/k!)

I was feeling all productive today but I've wasted away again. Organizing coupons for KMart's double coupons this week and browsing verabradley.com
My mom threw a fit when I asked for either bedding accessories or a diaper bag as my birthday present because it should be something for ME. So I'm trying to pick a purse. It's tough stuff to do!!

I'll post some Easter pictures later ... and I'd love to see other pictures!!!

I'm halfway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland, right on the PA/OH border by Youngstown.

You and Lucas should come to my party! Sarah and Lilliana are close too! Get some REAL Disney lovers here!!!:rotfl:(although my MIL is die-hard too!)

ETA: Did anyone else get the email that Kmart has double coupons this week?

I'm halfway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland, right on the PA/OH border by Youngstown.

You and Lucas should come to my party! Sarah and Lilliana are close too! Get some REAL Disney lovers here!!!:rotfl:(although my MIL is die-hard too!)

I got the email but mine NEVER does the double deal. :headache:

BabyTigger- I am making my own rice cereal. I actually just got the go ahead today from the pediatrician to start on solids at 4.5 months! I hope to make some tonight and I will let you know how it went!
Good luck with the rice cereal. We just took Sarah off of it as it was making her super constipated.

Love that name Patsy!! :lovestruc

I discovered why my supply dropped last week. I woke up this morning and Aunt Flo is visiting. It's been such a loooong time! I'm having trouble adjusting--totally forgot my meds and the other stuff I need to get me through work tonight. :sad2:

We had a horrible weekend. DH and Lilliana are both sick and miserable. They've both had head colds since Friday and are super congested/snotty. We discovered a miracle though...for some reason Motrin dries Lily right up, so we've been able to sleep at night, but naps have been awful. Poor DH is on his break from school, and he's stuck sick taking care of a sick baby. I don't know what I would do if I was sick too, thank heaven for Zicam!

Ooooh! That would be fun!

Good luck with the rice cereal. We just took Sarah off of it as it was making her super constipated.

I was just think about you and my last TMI post. Sorry about that. :blush:

We gave Lily rice cereal once before we moved on to purees, but we also didn't start until 6 months since she's breastfed and that's the recommendation now.

I was just think about you and my last TMI post. Sorry about that. :blush:

We gave Lily rice cereal once before we moved on to purees, but we also didn't start until 6 months since she's breastfed and that's the recommendation now.
You should know that when I whine about TMI that I'm really just kidding. I'm a big boy. Of course, if we ever meet, you are going to know that I have all kinds of knowledge of your personal, private bidniss.

Wow, you're only three hours from me. I live RIGHT on the border of OH/WVa. I actually might be going with my friend to Canton soon to go to Flower Factory... thats really close to you!!
We're hitting IKEA in Pittsburgh next week so I can buy some nursery furniture. :banana:

I didn't get an e-mail about it. Maybe because my WVa. district isn't doing it- but the one across the river in Ohio is. I'll be going to visit my old co-workers and taking advantage tomorrow! :banana: I've been a printing/clipping fool all morning.

stlmommy.com has some great printables/match ups listed. I just printed $1.50/off Huggies swim diapers-- will need a LOT of those this summer and you can't beat $3 off!! :yay:

Love that name Patsy!! :lovestruc

Thanks!!

sorry about Aunt Flo... she came back for me before I even went to my 6wk PP appt. :(
But she's gone again!!! lol

Try the oatmeal instead. Won't make her constipated.

You should know that when I whine about TMI that I'm really just kidding. I'm a big boy. Of course, if we ever meet, you are going to know that I have all kinds of knowledge of your personal, private bidniss.

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter