NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

I totally agree! Our kids get 2 weeks for Spring break in mid March but all the Wonder cruises are shorter. I have NO desire to do a cruise that includes Ensenada as a port. Ugh. Why can't it be Cabo and Mazatlan or Cabo and PV? But Ensenada? That's the Nassau of the West Coast (and even then not as nice lol) I'm interested in seeing the prices for the 7 night but since it's over Easter that will probably mean $$ and a black out date for place holders.

Ensenada, totally agree! It's a "sea day" for us. I only got off the boat last time to make a phone call and say I had gotten off the ship :). We won't take the kids out of school for a vacation so, the 7 nighter is totally out. :( How many times can one go to Cabo and Ensenada before they go crazy?

I totally agree! Our kids get 2 weeks for Spring break in mid March but all the Wonder cruises are shorter. I have NO desire to do a cruise that includes Ensenada as a port. Ugh. Why can't it be Cabo and Mazatlan or Cabo and PV? But Ensenada? That's the Nassau of the West Coast (and even then not as nice lol) I'm interested in seeing the prices for the 7 night but since it's over Easter that will probably mean $$ and a black out date for place holders.

Oh man I would have LOVED two weeks as a kid! Theyre so lucky!

I also wish the 5-nights weren't riddled with Ensenada... we did it once, and that was enough. Now we'd just stay on the ship! I was interested in PC but am currently feeling miffed that they swapped the Costa Rica stop with a Grand Cayman. We've already been to Cabo & Puerto Vallarta after our cruise last week, so only Columbia (and the canal of course!) would be new.

The Jan 20th southern looks nice but the one this year is our third and getting to SJ is such a pain from Oregon... esp in Jan. I swore them off. Well, I think I did.

Maybe I'll wait and see if they pull off any showstoppers with Alaska in 2019...

Is there somewhere that the 2018 black out dates are posted? We are hoping to go during Presidents week in 2019. I see a 4 day cruise on 2/17 and also 2/18. No strong preference between the two. Any idea if these are likely to be blacked out?

I've heard via another group that the Wonder is blacked out for the 4/12 and 4/19 sailings in 2019. Not sure on the others yet.
Thanks. I'm thinking about a short Dream cruise near Easter and I'm sure the prices will be ridiculous. It might be less painful if I can use the OBB benefits, but I doubt it.

Usually with the next batch since the EBTA is end of May historically.
That makes sense. I see they're usually scheduled to be released in Feb. We will be on a B2B Wonder cruise in Feb (our Grand Slam!), maybe I will be lucky enough to be able to reserve a TA cruise on opening day while onboard! :sail:

Is there somewhere that the 2018 black out dates are posted? We are hoping to go during Presidents week in 2019. I see a 4 day cruise on 2/17 and also 2/18. No strong preference between the two. Any idea if these are likely to be blacked out?

Presidents' Week traditionally has NOT been blacked out.

Easter Week traditionally has been...it will be interesting with it being so late in 2019. Typically when it's that late, most schools have their Spring Break earlier and are or may be closed Good Friday. (NYC will be out that week as our Spring Break always follows Passover.)

I wish the WBPC was 1 week later. Our kids usually have the 2nd week of March as spring break and I could handle taking them out 1 week for that cruise (that is really my dream cruise), but we can't do 2 weeks out of school then come back and have spring break. Oh well, maybe one day.

I have been to Ensenada twice now and I still haven't gotten off the ship, LOL. It consider it like a bonus sea day :) They use Ensenada because they can get back to San Diego the next day. Cabo or PV require another sea day to get back. There are a couple of 4-night cruises that just go to Cabo though.

I wish our school district would update the calendars. They take forever to update them so I have no idea when Spring Break will be in 2019. I want to book one of the 4 or 5 night cruises but I'm going to have to hope that I can guess the correct week that my DS will be on break.

I'm a silver member and have a travel agent from the last cruise we booked. When should I contact her about booking one of these cruises? My booking window opens up next Wednesday. Should I email her today? Wait til next week?

I'm a silver member and have a travel agent from the last cruise we booked. When should I contact her about booking one of these cruises? My booking window opens up next Wednesday. Should I email her today? Wait til next week?
I don't count on my TA to watch for opening day as diligently as we have been so I emailed her just to give her a heads up just in case she has plans or is out of town on opening day. That gives us a few days to figure out a plan.

If you know which one you want no time like the present~! Better to get higher on her list as requests trickle in to her. :)

I don't see the EBTA anywhere?!? I thought the EBTA was in April! Totally bummed.

And wish all the Southern Caribbean itineraries weren't out of San Juan! Was hoping for another 10-day out of PC or Miami!

Last edited:
I don't see the EBTA anywhere?!? I thought the EBTA was in April! Totally bummed.

And wish all the Southern Caribbean itineraries weren't out of San Juan! Was hoping for another 10-day out of PC or Miami!
EBTA is usually second half of May (at least it has in the past) and is released with the summer itineraries.

Disney Fantasy Winter 2019 Sailings

The Disney Fantasy will maintain the alternating 7-night Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises from Port Canaveral with Saturday departures.

Port Canaveral

7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral

Port Canaveral • At Sea • At Sea • Tortola • St. Thomas (St. John) • At Sea • Castaway Cay
1/12/19, 1/26/19, 2/9/19, 2/23/19, 3/9/19, 3/23/19, 4/6/19, 4/20/19, 5/4/19, 5/18/19

7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral
Port Canaveral • At Sea • Cozumel • Grand Cayman • Falmouth • At Sea • Castaway Cay
1/5/19, 1/19/19, 2/2/19, 2/16/19, 3/2/19, 3/16/19, 3/30/19, 4/13/19, 4/27/19, 5/11/19, 5/25/19

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter