NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

So I've never booked a cruise before. Do they publish prices before booking opens to public?
No, but if you watch on here, Plat/Gold/Silver members will share their pricing in a pricing thread when their booking window opens so you can get a good idea of what the prices might be when it opens for everyone.

No, but if you watch on here, Plat/Gold/Silver members will share their pricing in a pricing thread when their booking window opens so you can get a good idea of what the prices might be when it opens for everyone.
So are the Platinum prices significantly less than public prices?

Disney Cruise Line just announced Itineraries for early 2019!! Booking will open as follows:

Platinum Members - October 30
Gold Members - October 31
Silver Members - November 1
New Cruisers- November 2

I got excited when I saw how early the WBPC cruise is going to be for 2019! Then I rushed to check my kids' school calendar for Spring Break and it doesn't start til mid March 2019. Dang. I can't take them out for 2 weeks only to have them go back for one week and then be out for two more weeks for Spring Break. Oh well. Back to the original plan of switching our Oct 2018 WC cruise to a Feb 2019 WC cruise!

I saw dates through May but no May Alaska? Do those typically only get released as a whole? Should I expect them in February with summer release?

This page may not be blowing up, but the linked page is. Every click gives me Stitch and “Someone ate the page!”

So are the Platinum prices significantly less than public prices?

Maybe, maybe not. Essentially it's "dynamic pricing." For example,say there are (and these numbers are totally made up!) 10 cat 4As at X price. IF those are filled up on Platinum Day, then the next 10 are at Y price. If those do not fill up on Gold, then they will be the same for Silver booking. And so on...
I'm sure someone at DCL knows how many are at each price point but I don't think it's common knowledge which is why watching the opening day prices is a good thing-if only to get an estimate.

Some cruises just don't fill that quickly so it's very possible for the 10 cabins to sell only 8 for prior cruisers' bookings, and a new cruiser could get opening day pricing. It is just so very dependent on the popularity of both the cruise AND cabin type. No scientific research here but it appears that the V cabins in concierge AND 11/10 cabins are the ones to fill first-quite possibly because there are fewer of them overall.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Just went to Scott’s blog... VERY intriguing. I am currently booked on the Royal Princess out of LA for pretty much the same itinerary as the Wonder out of San Diego. I know it will be blacked out as that is Easter, but I could still change to it - it would be out of the 25-month period anyway... And that frees up some of the decision making for Feb of this year too...

I cannot explain how excited I am about the possibility of Spring Break out of California!!!!!

Too bad it’s not a 7 nighter when my kids are out though :(

EDIT: YAY my 100th post!!!!

Last edited:
I cannot explain how excited I am about the possibility of Spring Break out of California!!!!!

Too bad it’s not a 7 nighter when my kids are out though :(

I totally agree! Our kids get 2 weeks for Spring break in mid March but all the Wonder cruises are shorter. I have NO desire to do a cruise that includes Ensenada as a port. Ugh. Why can't it be Cabo and Mazatlan or Cabo and PV? But Ensenada? That's the Nassau of the West Coast (and even then not as nice lol) I'm interested in seeing the prices for the 7 night but since it's over Easter that will probably mean $$ and a black out date for place holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter