News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

masks only required on transportation now and wondering if that includes boats too or just monorail, skyliner and bus.
Website says masks still required for all on monorails and buses, but not boats/ferries. Skyliner must surely have been mentioned, but I don't recall seeing it - I'll go back and see... ETA: yep, required on Skyliner, too.

Also, physical distancing to be reduced more.

Not that any of this was necessarily holding back races, but it's all indicative of a continued resumption of "normal" at WDW, so I'll take it as a sign that races are on the horizon. I still think fireworks have to get announced before any race announcements, though.

Should I update the first post in this thread to include helpful info like other races going (and capacity), as well as other stuff that is otherwise returning to normal?

More? They went from 6 feet to 3 feet. What’s next? Set all the physical distance markings to “fill in all available space?” :)
I went to MK on Wednesday (6/9) Grizzly Hall was very much fill all available spaces and I felt anxious and uncomfortable and that was with masks required indoors

I imagine though what they mean is fill in all rows on non plexiglassed rides instead of leaving a row between which was the case when I rode splash, small world, and pirates

and/or seat single riders with strangers

there's no physical distancing in the ques anymore, haven't been for weeks, they just haven't taken up all the markets yet. When we there a couple weeks ago, we literally heard the words "Fill in all available space" for the holding area before Carousel of Progress. Muppet Vision they did amend the video before from "get close we want to test our deodorant/body odor" to a cast member correcting and saying "our experiment only works if you are 3 feet apart." They were still counting people in stores to a degree but the dedicated entrances and exits were basically out the window. I went in the wrong way on Memento Mori by accident and when I saw the two CM's at the entrance I apologized and they laughed and said it was fine. Our last day there they had collected all the "this space not available for your safety" table tents and they were piled in the corner at Beaches and Cream and Toppelinos. The first time we rode the ferry boat from TTC they had dots to stand and portions of the benches x-ed out. No one was really following that, but on Memorial Day all the markers were gone on the boat. This stuff has been happening for a while they just don't make big announcements about it because the guests are not asked to do anything and/or do less. I have a pick of the Pirates Que but it's too big to upload.

So im just trying to calculate Disneys own suggested programme for Dopey challenge training.

Assuming we go by the suggested dates of MW being Jan 6-9, i make it that the Galloway training program as recommended by the RunDisney website should begin on June 22. Is that right? Surely Disney need to say something to help people train correctly for their event (Wouldn't want people over stretching themselves to catch up with training and possibly getting injured)

So if no announcement is anyone planning to commence the training "Just in case"?

I have to be honest, being a UK citizen, although ive got my first jab book for Tuesday and my second booked for end of July, i still dont see travel restrictions lifting between the US/UK until August at the earliest (Probably later) and if another surge should happen and the UK government change their mind about quarantines etc (Like they did last week with our air corridor we had with Portugal) the i could be left facing a very pricey bill just to return to the UK and possibly isolating for 10 days at great cost.

Ive been following this thread for weeks now, praying for some news about application dates/process, but sadly i think its time for me to throw the towel in on 2022 and hope for a better situation for MW 2023.

I will still be following this thread though and i wish you all the best with 2022 and i so hope it goes ahead as an in person race, even if in a slightly different format perhaps.

Good luck everyone!

So im just trying to calculate Disneys own suggested programme for Dopey challenge training.

Assuming we go by the suggested dates of MW being Jan 6-9, i make it that the Galloway training program as recommended by the RunDisney website should begin on June 22. Is that right? Surely Disney need to say something to help people train correctly for their event (Wouldn't want people over stretching themselves to catch up with training and possibly getting injured)

So if no announcement is anyone planning to commence the training "Just in case"?

I have to be honest, being a UK citizen, although ive got my first jab book for Tuesday and my second booked for end of July, i still dont see travel restrictions lifting between the US/UK until August at the earliest (Probably later) and if another surge should happen and the UK government change their mind about quarantines etc (Like they did last week with our air corridor we had with Portugal) the i could be left facing a very pricey bill just to return to the UK and possibly isolating for 10 days at great cost.

Ive been following this thread for weeks now, praying for some news about application dates/process, but sadly i think its time for me to throw the towel in on 2022 and hope for a better situation for MW 2023.

I will still be following this thread though and i wish you all the best with 2022 and i so hope it goes ahead as an in person race, even if in a slightly different format perhaps.

Good luck everyone!
I'm still planning on Marathon Weekend 2022 until I hear otherwise. Fingers crossed it happens as we all hope!

Good luck everyone!

I think when this came up before it was realized that the Galloway plan runs out to a week past the race so the start date ends up being more like the week of June 28th.

As far as training goes, I’m registered for a 100m race in March, so I’ll be training regardless. Dopey provides a nice mid-cycle race for a spring ultra, so I’m really hoping it happens, though.

i think there will be news this week. Finally getting enough other priorities out of the way. I think they they know the schedule for fireworks too even though that hasn't been announced yet. But the mitigation stuff is unlikely to change again via an announcement, most of the resorts and restaurants are open or have a date to open, Halloween Party/AH handled so I think there is some room for RunDisney to get some attention. Plus, like everyone knows, the training should be coming up.

i think there will be news this week.
I think there's a good chance for an announcement this week as well because an additional thing that re-opened last week is the resort arcades. We know that they've been testing fireworks at Epcot (after hours) along with everything else that has transitioned back to "normal."

I keep creeping on the volunteer portal on the rundisney website hoping that they'll let something slip in there (or just announce another event that they need volunteers for such as special olympics) that would signal races coming back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter