News Round Up 2016

Just wanted to mention that the hurricane latest track has it getting pretty close to Orlando. I keep updating the hurricane thread with updates. Rumors are that Disney is seriously considering parks closing on Friday. No early hours for sure. No word on anything universal is doing. Seaworld, legoland, and the space center are closing on Friday for sure some on Thursday. Anyone in Florida stay safe, take cover, and hope for the best.

The fact that they are still "considering" anything at this point is ridiculous...

This isn't 1965...the prediction of weather has been solved...it's going to rake/dump Florida and the parks should be closed tomorrow night and Friday day at a minimum. The Bahamas are too close for this thing to take a random 180 at this point...the only question is "where" and "how direct" the impact point. Either way...they shouldn't have people on the roads or walking outside in torrential rain or wind.

This isn't rocket science...it's trying to avoid refunds. Very disappointed in the response here.

The fact that they are still "considering" anything at this point is ridiculous...

This isn't 1965...the prediction of weather has been solved...it's going to rake/dump Florida and the parks should be closed tomorrow night and Friday day at a minimum. The Bahamas are too close for this thing to take a random 180 at this point...the only question is "where" and "how direct" the impact point. Either way...they shouldn't have people on the roads or walking outside in torrential rain or wind.

This isn't rocket science...it's trying to avoid refunds. Very disappointed in the response here.
Universal isn't pulling the trigger either. It's been said universal won't do it until Disney does.

Universal isn't pulling the trigger either. It's been said universal won't do it until Disney does.

Never mentioned anyone by name...it's shameful for all...

The real issue here...is that it is a fat, school holiday weekend fueled by food and wine and mickey trick or treat...that's the bottomline.

If this were late August...I would think the response would be different. Rodents don't have complex thought patterns.

Sad but true - plowing right into the long holiday weekend - this is one of the toughest dates for booking DVC - so very very popular.

I feel really bad for all the folks that are there - and worse for the folks that can't even GET there. (And selfishly glad that we aren't coming for another 10 days.)

Sad but true - plowing right into the long holiday weekend - this is one of the toughest dates for booking DVC - so very very popular.

I feel really bad for all the folks that are there - and worse for the folks that can't even GET there. (And selfishly glad that we aren't coming for another 10 days.)

See...I don't...

This isn't the "once in a lifetime" period of the travel calendar...this is the "addict" part of the calendar.

They'll manage...lots of tears until back in 3 weeks/3 months. It is what it is.

I think they should lock it down now and ease off it luck breaks their way. It's unnecessarily wreckless.

I think they should lock it down now and ease off it luck breaks their way. It's unnecessarily wreckless.

They are preparing though, including closing and canceling events (mnsshp for Thursday has been cancelled officially, and I'm sure Friday isn't far behind)

Cast are running on special shifts, notices are being sent internally on what to do in case of other cancellations.

Just because it's not public, doesn't mean it isn't happening

Never mentioned anyone by name...it's shameful for all...

The real issue here...is that it is a fat, school holiday weekend fueled by food and wine and mickey trick or treat...that's the bottomline.

If this were late August...I would think the response would be different. Rodents don't have complex thought patterns.
They've already canceled tomorrow's mnsshp. Nothing on Friday's party yet. Here's the notice from MDE...
IMG_2468.JPG

Curious, what do they do about all the scrims and plywood walls that are up all over the place? What about all the food and wine booths in Epcot, not to mention scaffolding at all the construction sites?

Curious, what do they do about all the scrims and plywood walls that are up all over the place? What about all the food and wine booths in Epcot, not to mention scaffolding at all the construction sites?
Good question. Obviously no work will be taking place during the storms. I would imagine Food and Wine booths are able to withstand weather events, to what capacity I don't know. The plywood walls are held up by cinder block and sand bags, they should be okay but I am sure most guests won't be in the parks if they are even open. A park closure decision is said to be made by tomorrow morning.

They must read our posts...maybe they should hire us as well-paid consultants...

From what I've read, a couple of potential suitors have walked away, leaving SalesForce as the only chair at the table. Dangerous to speculate, but there might be something people are seeing in Twitter's numbers that give them pause.

Bleeding users? How so?

Have you looked at this year's growth numbers - non-existent. And you know of their users, some are bots (23M admitted of their 271 M users as of 2014 in their admission, so at that time, about 8-10% of their users). It's entirely likely that with practically zero growth, they have actually lost users (and all the miniscule "growth" has been by bots) in 2016...when you can't make money and you stop growing and start shrinking, what value are you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter