News Round Up 2016

"Make Disney Great Again!" :lmao:

and get Universal to pay for it ;)

Listen...Disney is in a really bad place right now...ok...and we as a people deserve...here's the thing...the reason why Disney is in such rough shape is because all of the projects are taking their imagineers and going over to Universal...a tremendous amount...look...believe me...Universal has horrible, terrible people...I assume some are ok but most aren't...we are in a time of crisis people....

News

A new Christmas nighttime spectacular, Jingle Bell Jingle BAM, coming to DHS this year.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ollywood-studios-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

OK - we've been giving Disney lots of grief - but I really like this concept of changing the night-time shows up. It's especially nice considering that DHS will be bereft of a holiday show with no Osborne Lights.

While they don't say it, I suspect the Star Wars show will come back after the holidays.

OK - we've been giving Disney lots of grief - but I really like this concept of changing the night-time shows up. It's especially nice considering that DHS will be bereft of a holiday show with no Osborne Lights.

While they don't say it, I suspect the Star Wars show will come back after the holidays.

I do too - and it also now makes more sense that they spent the money to build the new structures for the Star Wars show - as it wasn't just for the Star Wars Show

I do feel bad that they only gave 1 month notice (or not even) as a lot of people with trips coming up and wanted to see the star wars show and now can't

So the announcement says the holiday show is through December 31. Hopefully that means Star Wars is back (maybe with some Rogue One enhancements) on January 1 in time for Marathon Weekend.

delete (took my comments to the other thread)

I would agree with you if they did this with advanced notice. But to wait until 30 days out, when folks plan for months, have to get advanced dining, fp and show reservations, just seems like poor planning on their part. They knew this was in the works...why not advertise it early so that folks who were or were not interested (or those who had planned their dining and fps months ago) could have at least a chance to reschedule stuff. Not all guests get to visit that often - so "I'll just catch it next time" just doesn't work for many. Very disappointed.

I would agree with you if they did this with advanced notice. But to wait until 30 days out, when folks plan for months, have to get advanced dining, fp and show reservations, just seems like poor planning on their part. They knew this was in the works...why not advertise it early so that folks who were or were not interested (or those who had planned their dining and fps months ago) could have at least a chance to reschedule stuff. Not all guests get to visit that often - so "I'll just catch it next time" just doesn't work for many. Very disappointed.

To be fair, the people planning reservations have to coordinate with the amount of people in their party. Whether it be family, a tour group, etc, that number of people will not be anywhere near the number of people Disney needs to coordinate with to get projects off the ground and completed.

If you already know about this then I apologize for preaching to the choir, but changes happen last minute in the business world all the time. Something can be planned for months and then right as it's about to happen, get pulled. Likewise, there could be no motion at all on something, and then the people in charge of that thing are told they need to have it done within a month. River of Light is a prime example. Disney suits wanted it done by a certain date, they announced it, then had to pull it for technical difficulties. You have to ask yourself, would everyone be upset with River of Light if they didn't announce it at all, and just ended up pushing it back from Summer of 2016 to Fall of 2016?

Typically it's best from a public relations standpoint to not announce anything until you are absolutely, 100% sure, that it's going to happen. Under promise; over deliver vs over promise; under deliver. Looping back to my first point, sometimes you aren't sure something is 100% ready to go until the literal last minute. Lots of money go into this stuff, and to have something ready to go, but hold off for 180 days (to match with ADR) just is not realistic.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, it makes planning difficult and frustrating, but the amount of people Disney pushes in and out of the gate every day requires the amount of advanced planning we do so they can be appropriately staffed the day, and I'm sure it ties into a million other things that we aren't even privy to.

In an ideal world, projects/refubs/closing/etc would be announced at least 180 days prior to the event actually taking place, so we (the guest) can plan accordingly. Unfortunately there are just too many moving pieces of the mouse to make that possible.

To be fair, the people planning reservations have to coordinate with the amount of people in their party. Whether it be family, a tour group, etc, that number of people will not be anywhere near the number of people Disney needs to coordinate with to get projects off the ground and completed.

If you already know about this then I apologize for preaching to the choir, but changes happen last minute in the business world all the time. Something can be planned for months and then right as it's about to happen, get pulled. Likewise, there could be no motion at all on something, and then the people in charge of that thing are told they need to have it done within a month. River of Light is a prime example. Disney suits wanted it done by a certain date, they announced it, then had to pull it for technical difficulties. You have to ask yourself, would everyone be upset with River of Light if they didn't announce it at all, and just ended up pushing it back from Summer of 2016 to Fall of 2016?

Typically it's best from a public relations standpoint to not announce anything until you are absolutely, 100% sure, that it's going to happen. Under promise; over deliver vs over promise; under deliver. Looping back to my first point, sometimes you aren't sure something is 100% ready to go until the literal last minute. Lots of money go into this stuff, and to have something ready to go, but hold off for 180 days (to match with ADR) just is not realistic.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, it makes planning difficult and frustrating, but the amount of people Disney pushes in and out of the gate every day requires the amount of advanced planning we do so they can be appropriately staffed the day, and I'm sure it ties into a million other things that we aren't even privy to.

In an ideal world, projects/refubs/closing/etc would be announced at least 180 days prior to the event actually taking place, so we (the guest) can plan accordingly. Unfortunately there are just too many moving pieces of the mouse to make that possible.
Disney doesn't require guests to make reservations 180 days out, they allow guests to make reservations 180 days out. Supply and Demand (or your love or need to schedule things, as well as the masses) is what created this issue not Disney. Due to RoL from the spring, there is no way Disney would have announced this months ago. Besides, from a financial standpoint it is smart on their part. Few, if any, will cancel their trips because the star wars fireworks are gone (I didn't say people wouldn't be upset..but I even doubt how many outside the message board loyal fan base really would be that upset), but there will be people, lots of people, that will now consider trips just for this new offering that has no guarantees of being available again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter