News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have upgraded 3 tickets to APs for myself and family members and we all received the welcome mailing with magnets. You get the "traditional" AP magnet which these limited time ones at the parks are similar to. They just add seasonal designs.

View attachment 302961
We upgraded to 3 APs during our trip in January. My wife upgraded hers first during our trip, then my son and I upgraded our tickets a couple days later. Last week we got an envelope addressed to "The Wu family" that had 2 magnets. Wondered if my wife's went missing, or my son doesn't get one, etc. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the magnets, much like their email distribution. Some get it, and some don't.

Well, if that's accurate, the decorations will be up before 8/23 this year! Looks like last year, the decorations started going up around 8/21.
Cool -- thanks! If they follow that pattern, most of our trip will be pre-decorations. :thumbsup2

He falls under the Avengers umbrella so they can't use him at WDW.

Since disney will shortly have all their film properties under the marvel studios umbrella, they need to figure out a way to get these rights back. it wouldn't be cheap but would likely be better long term for disney to find a way to make it happen.

But this year they appear to be doing the first MNSSHP on Aug 17. :(
We are at WDW Aug 6th - 20th and I hadn’t figured in a MNSSHP at all. When will we know for definite if there’s going to be one on the 17th? How much are the tickets usually and where would we buy them from? (We’re in the U.K. and bought our holiday through Disney UK). While I wouldn’t dream of celebrating Halloween so early, if it’s true then it might be nice to go to the party if it’s not crazily expensive. TIA

We upgraded to 3 APs during our trip in January. My wife upgraded hers first during our trip, then my son and I upgraded our tickets a couple days later. Last week we got an envelope addressed to "The Wu family" that had 2 magnets. Wondered if my wife's went missing, or my son doesn't get one, etc. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to the magnets, much like their email distribution. Some get it, and some don't.

2016 we bought 1 AP and then upgrade 4 tickets to AP in the park and we only got one magnet. This year we renewed 3 of the AP and got 3 magnets, so I think it's pretty random.

"...This decision likely has been made for a variety of reasons, some being technical difficulties and overall guest confusion since other Mickey characters in the park do not talk to guests..."

Guest confusion? LOL. Yeah, right. Budget and budget only.
Guest confusion is one of the reasons. Guests (specifically younger ones) get confused as to why Mickey talks there but not elsewhere.

Also with technical aspects the talking Mickey's require extra staff and the heads are very heavy for the CM wearing them.

Nope. They do appear in the film but are not part of the avengers. It’s a complicated umbrella. Dr. Strange also does not count and can be used in WDW.

I know that you follow The Dish with Jim Hill. In one episode, older I think, Jim mentioned taking pictures of every Marvel super hero image that he could find at Universal, not merch though. Did he ever list out what characters were in the pictures? I think he was thinking that would help identify some of the protected ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter