• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone just posted this in the dedicated discussion thread but the new parking charge has been confirmed by Disney.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

Thanks for posting - definitely good they set it up as starting with reservations MADE after a certain point so people with existing reservations won't have to pay this given that it wasn't a think when they made the reservations

"Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter"

News

In more crazy news Disney has announced an organizational change. Consumer Products and Disney Parks and Resorts are now one part of the company and are overseen by Bob Chapek.........

https://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Disney+(DIS)+Announces+Strategic+Reorganization/13943272.html

wonder if this means anything (that products will be more integrated into the parks - so like that patent for the Ironman gloves you could get that would interact with things in the parks) or nothing really and they just had to put it somewhere/reduce number of direct reports to Iger?

wonder if this means anything (that products will be more integrated into the parks - so like that patent for the Ironman gloves you could get that would interact with things in the parks) or nothing really and they just had to put it somewhere/reduce number of direct reports to Iger?
I think they are consolidating the upper upper management likely so less EVP/SVP/VP etc.

News

In more crazy news Disney has announced an organizational change. Consumer Products and Disney Parks and Resorts are now one part of the company and are overseen by Bob Chapek.........

https://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Disney+(DIS)+Announces+Strategic+Reorganization/13943272.html
Maybe I am not reading this correctly, but per the listed thread there are four areas for the company:
1) Direct to Consumer and International - Kevin Mayer in charge
2) The combined parks
3) Experiences and consumer products
4) Media networks and studio entertainment

So I don't think Parks are in same segment as Consumer products

Maybe I am not reading this correctly, but per the listed thread there are four areas for the company:
2) The combined parks

Follow the semicolons.

2) The combined parks

“In addition, we are merging our Consumer Products and Parks operations under one segment, combining strategy and resources to produce even more compelling products and experiences that bring our stories and characters to life for consumers,” Mr. Iger said.

Bob Chapek, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, will assume additional responsibility for all of Disney’s consumer products operations globally, including licensing and Disney stores, as Chairman of the new Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products business segment. “Bob comes to this new role with an impressive record of success at both Parks and Resorts and Consumer Products, and he is the perfect leader to run these combined teams,” Mr. Iger said. Mr. Chapek will continue to report directly to Mr. Iger.

“In addition, we are merging our Consumer Products and Parks operations under one segment, combining strategy and resources to produce even more compelling products and experiences that bring our stories and characters to life for consumers,” Mr. Iger said.

Bob Chapek, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, will assume additional responsibility for all of Disney’s consumer products operations globally, including licensing and Disney stores, as Chairman of the new Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products business segment. “Bob comes to this new role with an impressive record of success at both Parks and Resorts and Consumer Products, and he is the perfect leader to run these combined teams,” Mr. Iger said. Mr. Chapek will continue to report directly to Mr. Iger.
Okay went to a new source and this is better explained there:
link:https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...ey-Company-Announces-Strategic-Reorganization

there it calls out the added role for Chapek and how the structure is set. I was wondering what I was missing

I just worry for the parks if they are treated the same as consumer products but that was likely already happening. Chapek has the background in Consumer Products.
To me this goes along with the push we have been seeing for IP in the park. Push the big IP, and also merchandise the heck out of it. It all ties together with Today's Disney

So if you're going to WDW for more than 1 night, I think the "trick" is to go to a park, pay for parking, and leave your vehicle there until the end of your trip. I've never heard of anyone getting towed from MK, and I've definitely left my car there overnight before, granted it was just 1 night.

So if you're going to WDW for more than 1 night, I think the "trick" is to go to a park, pay for parking, and leave your vehicle there until the end of your trip. I've never heard of anyone getting towed from MK, and I've definitely left my car there overnight before, granted it was just 1 night.
So do you have to go move your car every couple days so it doesn't become obvious? Maybe this is a new company...like how the stroller rental companies all popped up!! You pay me $25 per week and I move your car around the parking lot regularly, hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter