News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiana Jones 5? Sigh. And I thought the Crystal Skulls one was so bad, they'd be done for good.

My photo is too large to upload but they are working hard on the Adventureland club 33 space.
Is the Epcot Club 33 going where the dvc lounge is now I'm not at all familiar with where the 33 is going in epcot and I haven't visited the dvc lounge in Epcot yet.

I've always wondered if wait times are counted as when your butt hits the seat of the ride vehicle, or if once you are in the first preshow room. I would assume the former, which for FOP would mean it's impossible to not have at least a 10 minute wait.
I stopped my timer once I got to the pre-show.

I used to train the Disney Reservation Center (DRC) Cast Members. Between classes, I answered calls. I completely understand why guests get upset over conflicting information. But, the assumption that it's always the DRC Cast Member who is responsible for the false information is a bad one. DRC agents verify information using an intranet site. The same piece of information can appear in multiple locations on the intranet. In my experience, it wasn't uncommon to see conflicting information. But, you'd only know it's conflicting if you look in two places.

Undoubtedly, there are poor DRC agents that assume they know the answer and fail to verify the information they provide. But, please don't assume the worst of a Cast Member. Chances are good that if you're given conflicting information by a DRC Cast Member, it's not because they made a mistake. They are only passing along the information to which they have access.

(For the record, providing conflicting information is never okay. It's just a pet peeve of mine to see my former colleagues continually getting blamed for this problem.)

I didn’t take those posts as being critical of the individual CMs. By and large, I fully expect that they don’t always have the most up to date info for myriad reasons. That said, as you mentioned, some are certainly more on top of things than others — as with any job. :)

Tons of exterior work going on in Tomorrowland. Buzz has scrims up, purple wall being repainted, CoP being repainted, and Cosmic Rays being expanded even more. I’d upload pictures but they are all too large to upload to the DIS and I am not wasting my time to resize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter