News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Experienced Altered Mental Status on Forbidden Journey" ??? :eek:
I read that on my FB and thought...umm that's a new one I haven't seen. I wonder exactly what that means to them.

Were they thinking the Dementors were real or something? Were they on something that influenced their mental faculties like medications or drugs?

Re A Wrinkle in Time Book .....

if anyone is interested in getting the book, just saw Amazon has the paperback on sale (so it is even cheaper than the e-version)

Thank you! I just ordered the book, I'll read it and have my 6th grade DD read it as well before we see the movie. She used to be such a voracious reader, but not as much anymore. Maybe it's middle school, or being an almost teenager, but she will be motivated to read it since we'll then see the movie.

I know it's not Disney, but Wonder was a such a great movie, and it was nice to have that book to read first before we saw the movie.

NEWS

Adventures by Disney introduces Southern California Short Escape

The Adventure will showcase Disney-oriented icons such as the Walt Disney Imagineering campus in Glendale, the Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank with a visit to the Walt Disney Archives, Disneyland (including an exclusive visit to Walt Disney’s famed apartment above the firehouse on
Main Street, U.S.A.), and Walt Disney’s apartment.

Guests will even get to dine at one of Walt Disney’s favorite restaurants; the historic Tam O’Shanter that opened way back in 1922.

sounds really cool!

NEWS

The Adventure will showcase Disney-oriented icons such as the Walt Disney Imagineering campus in Glendale, the Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank with a visit to the Walt Disney Archives, Disneyland (including an exclusive visit to Walt Disney’s famed apartment above the firehouse on

Guests will even get to dine at one of Walt Disney’s favorite restaurants; the historic Tam O’Shanter that opened way back in 1922.

sounds really cool!
So almost a smaller Backstage Magic? It does sound really cool.

NEWS

sounds really cool!
It’s lining up that the trip ends on the day the wonder leaves the San Diego port so an ABD cruise add on.

I read that on my FB and thought...umm that's a new one I haven't seen. I wonder exactly what that means to them.

Were they thinking the Dementors were real or something? Were they on something that influenced their mental faculties like medications or drugs?

True - why does the report not list the millions of people that reached an "Altered Mental State" during food and Wine. I guess that's not a ride.

Its a bit shorter and backs up with a Disney cruise so I think they are wanting people to do the Cruise and ABD together.

It’s 2 nights shorter, doesn’t include the Jim Henson studios, the whole stay is at the Grand, and it’s one full day in the parks at Disneyland.

Ah I see now. I just read the article by the DIS and I don't believe it listed nights (or I missed it). I also completely overlooked the Henson studios.

If anyone is on the fence about this short one, I'd highly recommend. Even without Henson studios, you still get a lot of great stuff.

Ah I see now. I just read the article by the DIS and I don't believe it listed nights (or I missed it). I also completely overlooked the Henson studios.

If anyone is on the fence about this short one, I'd highly recommend. Even without Henson studios, you still get a lot of great stuff.
Someday maybe I'll do it. I was thinking the other day maybe backstage magic or now this as a graduation present to myself in a couple years.

NEWS

sounds really cool!

Sounds like they cut the two days off the backstage magic tour and called it a new tour. However, I would argue that this has the highlights of that tour.

Looking at prices, it's around $2200 versus BSM which is $3500, so a way to get the best highlights cheaper. (I also can't believe the price, we paid $2500 in 2013, a 30% increase in 5 years - I guess that's Disney for you!)

Anyways, if you are a big-time Disney fan and you haven't done one of these tour, try to find the finances to do it, BSM was quite honestly a highlight of my life. The Imagineering portion alone was worth it.

Sounds like they cut the two days off the backstage magic tour and called it a new tour. However, I would argue that this has the highlights of that tour.

Looking at prices, it's around $2200 versus BSM which is $3500, so a way to get the best highlights cheaper. (I also can't believe the price, we paid $2500 in 2013, a 30% increase in 5 years - I guess that's Disney for you!)

Anyways, if you are a big-time Disney fan and you haven't done one of these tour, try to find the finances to do it, BSM was quite honestly a highlight of my life. The Imagineering portion alone was worth it.

i would love to do a BSM tour but it is pricey - so this could be an option (still not cheap, and no plans to get to CA any time soon, but more options is always good)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter