News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying not to be cynical, but can’t help but think a factor in the “cashless” only payment test is yet more increased guest spending. Think it’s widely accepted that people tend to buy more when they aren’t physically parting with their bills and coins.

I’m Canadian and we tend to split between cash and credit whenever we travel. We use our MBs at WDW for some things and cash for others. I like having the option of being able to use cash when/where I want ... I would not want to deal with putting cash down on an account at the front desk etc.

That may be true, but I also have been avoiding retailers that don't take NFC/Apple Pay payments. The current environment of shady cashiers/skimmers/breaches leaves the consumer wide open not to mention the PITA it is to have to update CC info every 6 months because numbers are compromised.

News

Full upcoming Disney movie slate

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/0...about-the-upcoming-walt-disney-studios-films/

I completely forgot there was a Christopher Robin movie in development and it’s coming this year!

I'm really looking forward to a lot of the movies they have coming out this year. Both Black Panther and Infinity Wars look like they will be amazing. My daughter and I are reading a Wrinkle in Time together right now and are excited to see that. I also think the Nutcracker and the Four Realms looks like it could be really great. I do wonder about the Hans Solo movie...I feel like people are going to have high expectations because of their love of the character and I'm not sure if anyone can pull off Hans Solo like Harrison Ford...

I’m probably going to see everything. I’m very interested in Wrinkle in Time and Black Panther right off the bat. This will be a big year for Marvel.

I can't wait for some of these movies. To me, Black Panther and other Marvel titles show how successfully Disney handled the Marvel franchise. Several years ago, had you told me that movies like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man and Doctor Strange would be big hits I wouldn't have believed it. But they were all successes. And now it seems that Black Panther will follow since it sold the most pre-sale tickets, and the previews have looked fantastic.

This year, including Black Panther, I cannot wait for Avengers Infinity War. I think that movie is going to be HUGE in terms of popularity and box office. I am also very excited for Nutcracker and the Four Realms. And of course, to end the year with Poppins will be fantastic. This should be a banner year for Disney films. Hoping that Solo is at least passable.

My mom has been teaching for over 40 years, it's one her favorites to teach and I think her love it gets the kids into it. I can't wait!
What ages are the kids she teaches? My daughter was excited about the movie trailer, so I want to get her the book.

I can't wait for some of these movies. To me, Black Panther and other Marvel titles show how successfully Disney handled the Marvel franchise. Several years ago, had you told me that movies like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man and Doctor Strange would be big hits I wouldn't have believed it. But they were all successes. And now it seems that Black Panther will follow since it sold the most pre-sale tickets, and the previews have looked fantastic.

This year, including Black Panther, I cannot wait for Avengers Infinity War. I think that movie is going to be HUGE in terms of popularity and box office. I am also very excited for Nutcracker and the Four Realms. And of course, to end the year with Poppins will be fantastic. This should be a banner year for Disney films. Hoping that Solo is at least passable.

With that slate of movies listed out, maybe another reason they are "burying" Solo where they are - this way if it bombs they have other movies to make up for it and it can become the movie "that shalt not be named" - but if it surprises and does ok then it just adds on to a great year

I’m not @amberpi (obviously), but I recall reading it in 5th or 6th grade at school.

Thanks. She's only in 2nd grade, but really likes to read. If she doesn't get into it, I'm sure my wife will read it.

Of course, I could always read it to my daughter, I guess...

I remember reading it in 5th grade. My son is a voracious reader, and he powered through it in 2nd grade. :)

I don't get the reason for not having a trailer out - unless they are really worried about how bad it is...and in that case - why are they sticking with the prime May 25th release date? I dug up an article that said the trailer is delayed because they've scheduled some pick-up shots for it, but if that's true it's almost more disturbing. Especially the way Disney likes to promotionally blitz their movies. (Think of the amount of times you've seen that "Wrinkle In Time" trailer.)

I get the most excitement for Black Panther - the trailers have looked amazing. Ryan Coogler is another really interesting choice for director. We are heading for Disney the week it releases, so I don't think we will see it right away - can't bring myself to waste time at Disney sitting in a movie theater, but I definitely want to see it.

And of course Incredibles - though still surprised there is so little out about that one.

I've never read A Wrinkle in Time. It was very common to read in elementary and middle school school but it wasn't one that my teachers had us read nor was it one that I had voluntarily read. I know my sister did though. I'll probably see the movie as I enjoyed the trailer just don't know yet about seeing in theaters.

I don't get the reason for not having a trailer out - unless they are really worried about how bad it is...and in that case - why are they sticking with the prime May 25th release date? I dug up an article that said the trailer is delayed because they've scheduled some pick-up shots for it, but if that's true it's almost more disturbing. Especially the way Disney likes to promotionally blitz their movies. (Think of the amount of times you've seen that "Wrinkle In Time" trailer.)

I get the most excitement for Black Panther - the trailers have looked amazing. Ryan Coogler is another really interesting choice for director. We are heading for Disney the week it releases, so I don't think we will see it right away - can't bring myself to waste time at Disney sitting in a movie theater, but I definitely want to see it.

And of course Incredibles - though still surprised there is so little out about that one.

We actually board a Disney Cruise ship two days after Black Panther opens so we will get to watch it while on the ship, which should be fun!

I too am surprised no trailer for Solo, though they do have three movies coming out prior to it that are getting a ton of buzz and a ton of millage out of the trailers for them - but still, even a teaser trailer so people get an idea of the look and feel of the movie, how the "new" Han Solo will look, etc. - doesn't take much to get people at least a little excited for it

That may be true, but I also have been avoiding retailers that don't take NFC/Apple Pay payments. The current environment of shady cashiers/skimmers/breaches leaves the consumer wide open not to mention the PITA it is to have to update CC info every 6 months because numbers are compromised.

The year of the Target/Home Depot/Michaels et al breaches, my card was reissued three times in six months. I avoid stores that don't currently support contactless, and actively blacklist stores that deliberately disable or impede contactless when their systems are already set up for it.

Target does not get my business if I can help it.

Thanks. She's only in 2nd grade, but really likes to read. If she doesn't get into it, I'm sure my wife will read it.

Of course, I could always read it to my daughter, I guess...

My kids listen to books they are not quite ready to read/or just feeling like coloring and listening on librivox or on Youtube.

I remember reading it in 5th grade. My son is a voracious reader, and he powered through it in 2nd grade. :)

I think I will get the book for my daughter - she is similar (though now in 3rd grade) and just constantly reads. Mostly she reads books that are at a 4th grade level so this might be a little bit of a stretch for her, but probably good to challenge her a bit (they get points for # of books the read so sometimes she goes for quantity not quality)

I think I will get the book for my daughter - she is similar (though now in 3rd grade) and just constantly reads. Mostly she reads books that are at a 4th grade level so this might be a little bit of a stretch for her, but probably good to challenge her a bit (they get points for # of books the read so sometimes she goes for quantity not quality)

I was the same and read it in 3rd with no issues. I think I read all the books mom could teach her 6th graders by 4th.

My sister and I considered scheduling our Spain trip for the last week of April so we could see Infinity War a week early. :P Unfortunately there were scheduling conflicts and it didn't work out. I'm so excited for Black Panther, Infinity War, and Incredibles 2. We'll also see Antman and the Wasp in theaters when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter