News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

looks like Be Our Guest is testing using paper products during lunch vs real plates and silverware

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-testing-paper-products-during-lunch-service/

Not a fan of this move as I thought the use of real plates and stuff made it feel much more elevated vs other quick service locaitons

This bit of news pushed me to cancel our lunch reservation in May. We go back because it's nice to sit down with real plates and silverware. The food is not that good anymore anyway so it's the perfect excuse to give DH on why we won't be having lunch at BOG.

We went to Geyser Point this weekend and the food was great. I think that WDWNT article bashing the changes was way off base. I even ordered the chili fries with chili on the side and thought the chili was actually delicious.

Great to hear! I liked it and so did my wife. Thinking that onne way to get her back to my favorite spot in the world (Territory Lounge) is to bribe her with food @ Geyser Point.

Thats possible but the article makes it seem like its in addition to cash so thats why I am confused.

Maybe @WebmasterJackie can clarify?
I'm still working on this - I see that other sites are reporting it a bit differently than we are, but I'm not sure where they're getting their info. I'm working on a clarification for you guys. Sometimes it's really tough to get a straight answer from the folks on the phone, as we know.

I'm still working on this - I see that other sites are reporting it a bit differently than we are, but I'm not sure where they're getting their info. I'm working on a clarification for you guys. Sometimes it's really tough to get a straight answer from the folks on the phone, as we know.
Thanks for working on it Jackie!

Great to hear! I liked it and so did my wife. Thinking that onne way to get her back to my favorite spot in the world (Territory Lounge) is to bribe her with food @ Geyser Point.

Agreed, one of our fave retreats now. That Salmon BLT was amazing though. :badpc:

wait, something new from Disney and there is some confusion about how it will work in practice? Color me shocked!!! ;)

I would have suggested Geyser point if you were a little older and if they hadn't already changed the menu there as well. Nice lil boat ride and all.

We went to Geyser Point this weekend and the food was great. I think that WDWNT article bashing the changes was way off base. I even ordered the chili fries with chili on the side and thought the chili was actually delicious.

I was really looking forward to trying out Geyser Point because it had gotten so many high praises. Then the article came out...but I’m very glad to get another opinion - and one that is positive.

News

LucasFilm has released the synopsis of Solo

http://www.starwars.com/news/official-synopsis-for-solo-a-star-wars-story-revealed

Still very vague and we still don’t have a trailer when this movie comes out in 4-5 months.

My wife after Star Wars, “yea, it was good. So, are they just going to keep making these until one flops?”

She also understands my marching band competitors show design flaws at a pace to which a National Champion was serious about hiring her to consult.

My wife after Star Wars, “yea, it was good. So, are they just going to keep making these until one flops?”

She also understands my marching band competitors show design flaws at a pace to which a National Champion was serious about hiring her to consult.
Yeah I was interested to see what they would do with this one but after all of these problems it’s almost doomed for sure. They probably are wishing they went with the December release too to give then more time. Unless they know it’s bad and just want to get it over with.

I was really looking forward to trying out Geyser Point because it had gotten so many high praises. Then the article came out...but I’m very glad to get another opinion - and one that is positive.

Well in fairness they still did not have the quick service menus available to hand out... but instead of a cast member trying to tell us it was a secret menu (which is either kinda cute or totally obnoxious depending on your perspective) the hostess told us that they'd inadvertently been sent Captain Cooks menus, but that either we could check out the menu posted by the quick service or we could look on the app. The bison burger was one of the best burgers I've had on property. Perfectly cooked and great flavors. The waffle fries are also soooo good.

The hosts and hostesses were happy to seat you where you'd like (within reason, I should think). From what I heard from a bartender, they were having problems with small parties taking up those big seating areas that can fit like 10 people, and I totally get the criticism of "it's a lounge, let us sit where we want to" but I also get that it's a popular place and it makes sense to organize the seating. If you're into adult beverages, I did agree with the wdwnt article that the bourbon strawberry cocktail was delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter