News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used Minnie van service yesterday morning and it was still the flat rate, by the afternoon the price structure had changed. It cost almost $30 to go from Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios.
Before requesting the Minnie Van, did you see the approximate price on the app first? I haven't used it yet, and would want to know the approximate price before booking. TIA!

Before requesting the Minnie Van, did you see the approximate price on the app first? I haven't used it yet, and would want to know the approximate price before booking. TIA!
Yes, we were able to see the approximate price. We had a horrible experience earlier in the day taking a bus from MK to AK and were willing to pay just about anything at that point to NOT ride a bus to Hollywood Studios.

I really hope this is true. I can’t stand this street party.

They need to do something similar to DLP's princess v pirates. The costumes were fantastic. The song a bit annoying and repetitive but still fun. Anything WDW does would be different because DLP has 4 small stages in their hub with their small main stage on the side. I think princesses v villans would be huge and better than pirates. But just something different like that would be great.

I totally agree, however people will make some irrational choices to "save time" or "save money." Personally, I'd rather just wait for the bus but that's just me.

I've done plenty of those irrational things. Sometimes we don't feel like waiting for the Bus to Magic Kingdom so we'll walk from the Dolphin through Epcot and take the Monorail to the boat. It takes more time but it keeps us moving so we stay happier.

I've done plenty of those irrational things. Sometimes we don't feel like waiting for the Bus to Magic Kingdom so we'll walk from the Dolphin through Epcot and take the Monorail to the boat. It takes more time but it keeps us moving so we stay happier.

Yep same with traffic. All I'm saying is, it's an option to go to those other places. Plus it can be fun to check out other resorts even if you don't plan on staying there.

We used Minnie van service yesterday morning and it was still the flat rate, by the afternoon the price structure had changed. It cost almost $30 to go from Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios.

Yikes! I understand just not caring at some point though. Our first visit, we were leaving Epcot at park closing with our 6 year old. It started to thunder, so they shut down the monorail. We were staying at Poly and had taken the monorail over, no car. The buses hadn't shown up yet either; they still needed to call for them for the monorail resorts. The line was huge. We saw a town car sitting in the parking lot and approached him. We might have paid him $40 to get back to the hotel. It was the best money we ever spent.

Curious -- do you use Uber or Lyft on a regular basis? Since I do, there's no chance I'd pay more for this. I guess I'm still just testing out my theories on who would actually pay for Minnie Vans (my assumption: 1) those who need guarantee of car seats, 2) those unfamiliar or uncomfortable with ride-share services, 3) those who just want to book all things Disney while in WDW).

Pretty much agree with this. The above post shows $40 from AKL to Contemporary. We just did lyft from Poly to AKL, and it was $9.50. Just never going to use a minnie-van ever again. I'm sure they'll still get people using it that don't know any better.

Less comfortable with it because they're in car seats? Or just a general trusting of strangers driving your kids scenario? I guess I've never thought twice about it but I only have the one and he doesn't even need a booster anymore. It is kind of a crapshoot but most of our drivers have been very cordial and welcoming.

Honestly if they're getting strict at the Contemporary I'd just either do Polynesian or Grand Flo and monorail over. Or maybe even Wilderness Lodge and bus or boat over, assuming you don't mind the additional leg and you're not wrangling multiple children.

Mostly for the car seats . We have three kids that all need at least a booster

News

Another cut, Ending September 29th is the Captain Jack Sparrow Pirate Tutorial at MK.
Are these endings confirmed by Disney? Or are these things that they may just be cutting back for now with lighter Fall attendance expected and then having return later?

Are these endings confirmed by Disney? Or are these things that they may just be cutting back for now with lighter Fall attendance expected and then having return later?
Disney won't confirm cuts like this. Much of this is on the hub and/or being told by cast working these places. I wouldn't expect them to return either.

I thought the pirate tutorial was cute... did always seem to have a crowd gathered for it. But I really wonder how many people actually were going to Rafiki. Even those who like it -- how frequently did you actually go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter