• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but young kids do and it sucks up some people throughout the day. They’ll now be in lines for rides and character greets.
I understand kids like this.

With my experience with the Street Party, I have never seen a large crowd actually standing around and watching this. Therefore, I doubt ride/character wait times will increase drastically with this leaving.

Average price above the $25, is pretty much what I expected. Quiet price increase, but I think a lot of the trips that we'd use it for are actually less now. So maybe I'll use it more.
Curious -- do you use Uber or Lyft on a regular basis? Since I do, there's no chance I'd pay more for this. I guess I'm still just testing out my theories on who would actually pay for Minnie Vans (my assumption: 1) those who need guarantee of car seats, 2) those unfamiliar or uncomfortable with ride-share services, 3) those who just want to book all things Disney while in WDW).

News

Sad news, several citizens of Hollywood contracts got cut and they will not be returning. Paige Turner, Dorma Nesmond, Dara Vamp, and Officer Prime Brody all end September 29th.
This just breaks my heart!! I LOVE watching them perform, especially Paige Turner. We were there in July when a lot of the power went out at DHS. The citizens of Hollywood were funny enough that we kept hanging around until they finished their shift. I even tweeted a cast compliment about how great they were. I sure wish they could find a place for them somewhere else.

Curious -- do you use Uber or Lyft on a regular basis? Since I do, there's no chance I'd pay more for this. I guess I'm still just testing out my theories on who would actually pay for Minnie Vans (my assumption: 1) those who need guarantee of car seats, 2) those unfamiliar or uncomfortable with ride-share services, 3) those who just want to book all things Disney while in WDW).

We used it once last year during F&W to go from Beach Club to V&A and back. We were dressed up and thought it would be nice to be in something that was roomier and brand new and clean. Most of the Ubers/Lyfts and cabs in my town are not the nicest and the air freshener is overpowering, like they are trying to cover up cigarette smoke. I'm sure they are not all like that. We usually rent a car though but didn't on that trip. We don't even use rideshare or cabs much at home, because we hate waiting for them. We usually drive, even to the airport. It's so nice to be able to immediately get in your own car. However, we love driving and never seem to be too tired to do so.

I use Lyft and Uber often enough. I've started using Lyft more often in Disney. Used to be strictly busses but we've been having a lot more issues with bus timing in the past few years that it doesn't seem uncommon to be waiting over an hour for one these days. So because of that we shifted into Lyft, I really don't like my time being wasted on transportation (which is why I miss the short lived Express Bus).

I'm willing to use Minnie Vans periodically because they are cast members and the better drop off for Magic Kingdom. I won't use them every time because they cost more than a normal Lyft, but one every so often is fine.

Not sure I fit into one of your 3 blocks. Also if I could take a Minnie Van to Universal I would just because I would be amused by it.

I have used ride sharing when traveling for work but would be much less comfortable when having my kids with me so I fall into your assumption 1.

Though we usually have a car so likely would never use it (we just are used to driving and don’t even have any ride sharing where we live so still have to drive everywhere)

I use Lyft and Uber often enough. I've started using Lyft more often in Disney. Used to be strictly busses but we've been having a lot more issues with bus timing in the past few years that it doesn't seem uncommon to be waiting over an hour for one these days. So because of that we shifted into Lyft, I really don't like my time being wasted on transportation (which is why I miss the short lived Express Bus).

I'm willing to use Minnie Vans periodically because they are cast members and the better drop off for Magic Kingdom. I won't use them every time because they cost more than a normal Lyft, but one every so often is fine.

Not sure I fit into one of your 3 blocks. Also if I could take a Minnie Van to Universal I would just because I would be amused by it.
I hear ya'. What's the better MK drop-off? I missed that... I'd add that as an item 4)... :)

I hear ya'. What's the better MK drop-off? I missed that... I'd add that as an item 4)... :)
Lyft drops you off at TTC, Minnie Van picks up/drops you off at the bus stops at Magic Kingdom. Although I have never used it for that, we just walk to Contemporary, if we don't want to wait for a Magic Kingdom bus.

Lyft drops you off at TTC, Minnie Van picks up/drops you off at the bus stops at Magic Kingdom. Although I have never used it for that, we just walk to Contemporary, if we don't want to wait for a Magic Kingdom bus.
Gotcha'. With BLT/Contemporary being more strict now in my experience with ride-share drop-offs there, this does seem like a benefit. OK. My list officially has 4 items now! :D

Who would pay extra for Minnie Vans vs. Uber/Lyft?
  1. those who need guarantee of car seats
  2. those unfamiliar or uncomfortable with ride-share services
  3. those who just want to book all things Disney while in WDW
  4. those going to MK -- to get the MK bus stop vs. TTC drop-off

I have used ride sharing when traveling for work but would be much less comfortable when having my kids with me so I fall into your assumption 1.

Though we usually have a car so likely would never use it (we just are used to driving and don’t even have any ride sharing where we live so still have to drive everywhere)

Less comfortable with it because they're in car seats? Or just a general trusting of strangers driving your kids scenario? I guess I've never thought twice about it but I only have the one and he doesn't even need a booster anymore. It is kind of a crapshoot but most of our drivers have been very cordial and welcoming.

Gotcha'. With BLT/Contemporary being more strict now in my experience with ride-share drop-offs there, this does seem like a benefit. OK. My list officially has 4 items now! :D

Who would pay extra for Minnie Vans vs. Uber/Lyft?
  1. those who need guarantee of car seats
  2. those unfamiliar or uncomfortable with ride-share services
  3. those who just want to book all things Disney while in WDW
  4. those going to MK -- to get the MK bus stop vs. TTC drop-off

Honestly if they're getting strict at the Contemporary I'd just either do Polynesian or Grand Flo and monorail over. Or maybe even Wilderness Lodge and bus or boat over, assuming you don't mind the additional leg and you're not wrangling multiple children.

Honestly if they're getting strict at the Contemporary I'd just either do Polynesian or Grand Flo and monorail over. Or maybe even Wilderness Lodge and bus or boat over, assuming you don't mind the additional leg and you're not wrangling multiple children.

Once you're adding in a boat or a monorail, you might as well save the extra money and just Lyft directly to TTC at that point. Unless your hotel is closer to the other resorts that is.

Once you're adding in a boat or a monorail, you might as well save the extra money and just Lyft directly to TTC at that point.

I totally agree, however people will make some irrational choices to "save time" or "save money." Personally, I'd rather just wait for the bus but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter