News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saddened by the news of IllumiNations. I am excited for something new but I have doubts that Disney will 'do right' by the new show and I think that's just moreseo because of their trends the last several years or so.

I hear this a lot - but I am not sure why so many people think this to be the case. Do you think they blew it with HEA? I myself loved Wishes, but I think HEA is great in a different way and I love the incorporation of the projections. It doesn't get me quite as emotional as Wishes did, but it still gets me when Tink flies.

Personally, I never liked Illuminations as much as Wishes. It's a good show, don't get me wrong, but I find the story being told by the globe to be too far away and unclear to really grasp what it's supposed to be saying. It's been around for nearly 20 years, and so I'm perfectly fine with it moving on. i think modern technologies can use the space much more effectively.

I do NOT think we will get something like World of Color. WoC needs a very shallow lake for mounting all the fountains, and I do not think WSL provides that. I expect a similar show in that it will likely come from barges and incorporate the countries around the Lagoon. It will probably be something that can be presented more visually from the Riviera tower as well.

seems like my disney exp doesn't like tuesdays.....system is
having a lot of issues again today...wonder if they update or try to patch overnight on Mondays?
I'm beginning to get nervous because I HAVEN'T had a problem! Both PC and mobile app I never lost anything and they've been working fine. Now I keep expecting it to blow up when we actually go in November. :scared:

Looks very good. Thanks for posting.

I can't wait for decades later when she gets Nick Fury's desperation message from earth, then just tosses the saber..I mean pager and walks away.

Ya know, just let the past die, kill it if you have to. "It's time for the Avengers to end" mentality.

seems like my disney exp doesn't like tuesdays.....system is
having a lot of issues again today...wonder if they update or try to patch overnight on Mondays?

I actually think that it still hasn't been fixed since last week. I've been monitoring the issues with it because our FP+ day was this past Saturday and I was concerned last week (we had no trouble booking FP+). There are some things wrong in my MDE account, but not things that would affect FP+ booking, thank goodness...

Standing behind the stage and watching all the characters file in and out is way more entertaining than this "show." That said, it's really cool to see some of these characters up close. I wish there was a way to meet them all.

This is what my family liked about it, too. I appreciate the pictures we got of our boys up close to the characters as they walked by and glared right at us.

I wouldn't care if this just went away altogether... Its not even really a show.

I prefer this to Citizens of Hollywood by far.

Other the Kylo Ren keeping "that ridiculous mask" on of course.

Some cuts are OK I guess.

Last edited:
I hear this a lot - but I am not sure why so many people think this to be the case. Do you think they blew it with HEA? I myself loved Wishes, but I think HEA is great in a different way and I love the incorporation of the projections. It doesn't get me quite as emotional as Wishes did, but it still gets me when Tink flies.

Personally, I never liked Illuminations as much as Wishes. It's a good show, don't get me wrong, but I find the story being told by the globe to be too far away and unclear to really grasp what it's supposed to be saying. It's been around for nearly 20 years, and so I'm perfectly fine with it moving on. i think modern technologies can use the space much more effectively.

I do NOT think we will get something like World of Color. WoC needs a very shallow lake for mounting all the fountains, and I do not think WSL provides that. I expect a similar show in that it will likely come from barges and incorporate the countries around the Lagoon. It will probably be something that can be presented more visually from the Riviera tower as well.
I don't have the emotional connection to Wishes like a lot of people do. I wasn't even thinking about Wishes vs HEA. I like HEA. But I also think the pressure is immense on getting something amazing for a nighttime fireworks show when it comes to MK because it's the park people think of. Even then if you're not close to the castle the projections can't be seen well so that's similar to your comment about the globe being too far away.

As for why I think it? It's because of how much hype ROL got, then it was a disaster on the delay and a poor excuse for a temp show. And I understand they were trying to do something still though. It's because of what they could have done with NRJ where they shortened it from its original length so I understand. NRJ from an experience standpoint has been typically hampered by how short it is because you're just getting into the world and then it's done. It's how TSL had cutbacks and not enough shade, it's how we've already heard they may be cutting back on SWL, it's how the theater was suppposed to be built in MK but now it's not (and I know that's not the only thing announced and not done I'm just using that as an example). It's many things combined that have me concerned they may start with this grand idea and then we'll find out there's been cuts or it could have been so much more and they didn't go for it when they could have, etc. It's my opinion though so obviously it doesn't mean others will/would feel the same.

Like I said though I'm excited for something new. But just because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean everyone has seen it. Fantasmic! has been around since 1998 and I've had 4 trips in that time period and have yet to see it lol because of rain or some other reason. I'm not making the comparison in quality between Fanstamic! and IllumiNations I'm just saying sometimes people forget that while they've been enough times where something becomes boring not everyone has that.

I wouldn't care if this just went away altogether... Its not even really a show.

Standing behind the stage and watching all the characters file in and out is way more entertaining than this "show." That said, it's really cool to see some of these characters up close. I wish there was a way to meet them all.

This is what my family liked about it, too. I appreciate the pictures we got of our boys up close to the characters as they walked by and glared right at us.

We are a SW family and as much as we loved seeing all the characters, the "show" was so awkward. Just let them all have character meets since walking around is not an option unfortunately.

I'm beginning to get nervous because I HAVEN'T had a problem! Both PC and mobile app I never lost anything and they've been working fine. Now I keep expecting it to blow up when we actually go in November. :scared:

Last month, I never had a problem...until I set foot in the parks. Once inside the parks, it was useless (on my Android phone - DW's iPhone was okay).

I have to agree. The show comes across as an introduction to these characters. We know who they are. Guest satisfaction would be way higher if they were just roaming for meet and greets.

At the same time, these cut backs on entertainment are harsh. Seems nothing is safe. Has fantastic gone seasonal yet because I bet it will be next

New Mom's Panel Video advertising Affection Section at AK, bit odd if it is going seasonal, right?

New Mom's Panel Video advertising Affection Section at AK, bit odd if it is going seasonal, right?

That video was likely filmed a while ago. Operations and the Moms Panel don’t really talk and say this is closing don’t post a video.

I have to agree. The show comes across as an introduction to these characters. We know who they are. Guest satisfaction would be way higher if they were just roaming for meet and greets.
That's why I'm hoping they do roaming for Star Wars Land (is that still the plan or am I thinking of something else?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter