News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEWS

WDWNT reporting the "permanent" Wreck it Ralph playground that was added has been removed/dismantled ... apparently the metal would get to hot for kids to safely play on it

Obviously they had plans on having this thing there longer. This seems like an unplanned demolition. I wonder if they'll try again.

I do agree with a comment Josh makes in the article: Disney's goal with anything they add is to increase attendance/spending. They don't do anything just to add capacity for the sake of adding it.

As they don't sell half day tickets, I doubt Disney cares if a new land ups a park status to full day.
The reason they'd care about half day vs full day is the day I went DHS I left early and had pizza delivered, instead of eating in the park. Considering how much they spend on night time shows in every park, I think they want people to stay all day.

And like you said, they don't sell half day tickets, so families without hoppers may just completely avoid the park altogether hurting it's attendance.

NEWS

WDWNT reporting the "permanent" Wreck it Ralph playground that was added has been removed/dismantled ... apparently the metal would get to hot for kids to safely play on it

View attachment 352394
Man. I wondered what this was when we went by it this morning! This is why I have to keep up on the news thread on my trip :) we did get to see into UofE last night

I keep meaning to do the elephant one. Now I need to do this as well at some point. First priority is still the Starlight Safari, though.
I need to do Wild Africa Trek soon too. I also have been meaning to do Caring for Giants. Maybe in January.
Did Starlight Safari last month and loved it -- DO IT! Did WAT a few years ago and loved that as well. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Despite the reviews I still went to this a couple of weeks ago. A "do over" won't help it but a "scrap everything except the birds" might!
So, so SO true!!! Please, Disney... I beg you... full re-do!! :worship:

I'm not sure I buy India coming to Epcot. Much like with an African pavilion that was in the works, India, while not specifically mentioned there, is already well represented in Animal Kingdom in the Asian / Anadapour area. I think Brazil is much, much more likely.

And can we all agree that WDWNT rumor record is maybe 10-20% accurate? They get some right, but do so buy just throwing a ton of stuff at the internet wall and occasionally something they say sticks, but mostly its about click-bait for them.

Interesting analysis - it basically says that TSL did nothing to drive people to DHS.

But the question still remains of whether it was really meant to or not. SW is what is being used to drive people to DHS.

TSL (and Mickey's Railroad and Cars show as well) are really there to occupy the crowds and bring the park up to a full day experience that it almost never was, and with the removal of backlot tour, LMA, and GMR which were all LONG rides - definitely this park is not an all-day park. For all of SW lands expected popularity - people are unlikely to be able to spend the entire day there, unless it's standing in 5 hour lines. (And I still very much suspect Disney is going to do something very revolutionary and eliminate the standby line completely.) TSL also gives people with smaller children a reason to come to this park, which outside of Disney Junior and a couple of stageshows and M&G is not really well designed for Disney's base.

So - has TSL driven attendance? No.
Is it a success for what it is intended? I think yes.
I agree with what you are saying. How long have people been complaining about nothing in DHS for the younger folk. Now they added something, maybe too little, but it still provides some relief. It’s been bounced around but I believe I have heard there is room for expansion so more may be added.

I think that it was important for WDW to get TSL open prior to SWL to test the impact and eventual gauge what might be needed to balance things out. Just a thought.

When I saw that WiR playground, my first thought was, “No shade canopy? In Florida?” Whoever designed it must not have children...or have tried to play on a metal playground when he/she was a kid.

When I saw that WiR playground, my first thought was, “No shade canopy? In Florida?” Whoever designed it must not have children...or have tried to play on a metal playground when he/she was a kid.
Do they have one of those stainless steel slides that first blind you with the reflected sun then fry every exposed part of your body as you slide down it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter