News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do the valued insiders think about this? Last I checked over there it was all about Brazil. Is this clickbait or is it actually probable?

I believe the last country (not including Arendale) was built in 88....

Not saying that just because they haven't added another one in 30 years necessarily negates the possibility of them doing it, but it makes me highly suspicious when these rumors come out.....

I also don't see where adding another country makes financial sense, in the terms that WDW looks at it.

Does India or Brazil drive increased attendance and spending? Possibly, but that's a lot of investment to have another food booth....

I believe the last country (not including Arendale) was built in 88....

Not saying that just because they haven't added another one in 30 years necessarily negates the possibility of them doing it, but it makes me highly suspicious when these rumors come out.....

I also don't see where adding another country makes financial sense, in the terms that WDW looks at it.

Does India or Brazil drive increased attendance and spending? Possibly, but that's a lot of investment to have another food booth....
Brazil is the most popular food and wine booth and Brazilian travelers are a big tourist group coming to WDW.

Who knows about the accuracy of this but obviously India has been one in consideration for a long time for EPCOT and this would fit into the whole rumor about multiple parks competing for the Shanghai Pirates ride system

Again, not saying I think this is definitely going to come to fruition but there is at least some logic around this being a legit rumor and not just clickbait

Brazil is the most popular food and wine booth and Brazilian travelers are a big tourist group coming to WDW.

That's definitely true.

I just don't believe Brazil wants to "throw down" and get this built, and I can't see WDW going all in without that investment.

Weirder things have happened, though...

That's definitely true.

I just don't believe Brazil wants to "throw down" and get this built, and I can't see WDW going all in without that investment.

Weirder things have happened, though...
Brazil wouldn’t be paying for it. Last I heard they had a sponsor to possibly cover a portion and Disney pay for the rest. Things are constantly changing though.

I'm not sure I buy India coming to Epcot. Much like with an African pavilion that was in the works, India, while not specifically mentioned there, is already well represented in Animal Kingdom in the Asian / Anadapour area. I think Brazil is much, much more likely.

And can we all agree that WDWNT rumor record is maybe 10-20% accurate? They get some right, but do so buy just throwing a ton of stuff at the internet wall and occasionally something they say sticks, but mostly its about click-bait for them.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/is-toy-story-land-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-a-dud/

Interesting analysis by Josh of easywdw on the topic of toy story land being a dud or worthwhile in Disney's eyes.

Interesting analysis - it basically says that TSL did nothing to drive people to DHS.

But the question still remains of whether it was really meant to or not. SW is what is being used to drive people to DHS.

TSL (and Mickey's Railroad and Cars show as well) are really there to occupy the crowds and bring the park up to a full day experience that it almost never was, and with the removal of backlot tour, LMA, and GMR which were all LONG rides - definitely this park is not an all-day park. For all of SW lands expected popularity - people are unlikely to be able to spend the entire day there, unless it's standing in 5 hour lines. (And I still very much suspect Disney is going to do something very revolutionary and eliminate the standby line completely.) TSL also gives people with smaller children a reason to come to this park, which outside of Disney Junior and a couple of stageshows and M&G is not really well designed for Disney's base.

So - has TSL driven attendance? No.
Is it a success for what it is intended? I think yes.

I'm not sure I buy India coming to Epcot. Much like with an African pavilion that was in the works, India, while not specifically mentioned there, is already well represented in Animal Kingdom in the Asian / Anadapour area. I think Brazil is much, much more likely.

And can we all agree that WDWNT rumor record is maybe 10-20% accurate? They get some right, but do so buy just throwing a ton of stuff at the internet wall and occasionally something they say sticks, but mostly its about click-bait for them.

Interesting analysis - it basically says that TSL did nothing to drive people to DHS.

But the question still remains of whether it was really meant to or not. SW is what is being used to drive people to DHS.

TSL (and Mickey's Railroad and Cars show as well) are really there to occupy the crowds and bring the park up to a full day experience that it almost never was, and with the removal of backlot tour, LMA, and GMR which were all LONG rides - definitely this park is not an all-day park. For all of SW lands expected popularity - people are unlikely to be able to spend the entire day there, unless it's standing in 5 hour lines. (And I still very much suspect Disney is going to do something very revolutionary and eliminate the standby line completely.) TSL also gives people with smaller children a reason to come to this park, which outside of Disney Junior and a couple of stageshows and M&G is not really well designed for Disney's base.

Agreed, it certainly spread a bit of wait time and gave something more to those with smaller children, albeit not that small (with height requirements still in play). Comparing with MK rides is almost unfair. People still do go to MK for one day and by and large Seven Dwarves Mine Train is still going to be the big draw. The true test will be that time around thanksgiving/christmas/new years. Will wait times max out to crazytown for SDD as they do with other top tier rides? If not then maybe that's a good time to judge.

I really thought TSL was cute — especially at night — and that SDD exceeded my expectations.

Seems like it suffers from a few things IMO: 1) lack of shade, 2) no store (could use it for shopping AND A/C break), 3) no TS restaurant (could use it for food AND A/C break), 4) feels tight walking around.

If Disney is surprised at how it’s “performing” (not sure I buy that), THAT surprises me!! The plan they chose to execute on was a land-let (something short of a full land), with 2 mostly-kiddie-seeming rides. I can’t imagine what they were expecting IF they’re ACTUALLY disappointed — I’m not convinced Disney expected more than it’s gotten with TSL.

It’s cute for what they decided to do. Could have been made into a lot more, IMO.

I do agree with a comment Josh makes in the article: Disney's goal with anything they add is to increase attendance/spending. They don't do anything just to add capacity for the sake of adding it.

As they don't sell half day tickets, I doubt Disney cares if a new land ups a park status to full day.

I just contacted my TA to have her book this for me when I’m there. It starts my first day.
Are you going to fit it in before or after you’ve RUN yourself ragged?! That’s always a tough decision with these things for me! Though I’m so happy after I’ve done races that I don’t feel tired... right away... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter