News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exact time I am there. This will be interesting.

It's not so bad. We were there last year. They just tape in front of the castle and/or the tree at AK etc...it doesn't really disrupt the park much at all now that they don't bother with the parade. We watched Nick Lachey (Sorry don't know how to spell it) tape a promo in front of the tree of life, and then watched Ciara do a run through of the routine in front of the castle, and then we move on our way. Again, no big deal and didn't affect park crowds at all.

Is there a way to know when they are taping where? We arrive on the 10th, but could run to a park for a few hours and could be fun to try and "see" something for it happening. Do they have anything at Epcot? The 11th is my Epcot day.
Schedule of events won't come out until closer to the actual taping.

It's not so bad. We were there last year. They just tape in front of the castle and/or the tree at AK etc...it doesn't really disrupt the park much at all now that they don't bother with the parade. We watched Nick Lachey (Sorry don't know how to spell it) tape a promo in front of the tree of life, and then watched Ciara do a run through of the routine in front of the castle, and then we move on our way. Again, no big deal and didn't affect park crowds at all.
Good to know. Thanks!

I’m not sure where to post this so my apologies. I just want to be sure someone sees it.

I have never been to a D23 event like this. I’m wondering how early people typically line up for these things.

1. Registration opens at 12:00 pm on Friday. How early should I get in line?

2. Mickey’s Glendale Shopping opens at 1:00 pm on that same Friday. Will this line be crazy long on the first day? Keep in mind there will be no PINs available to buy, that’s all presale.

3. And then finally, on the days when the Ballroom is open for the presentations with General admission seating starting at 8:15, How early do you think we need to be in line?

Thanks for your help!

I didn’t see anyone else respond and I am sure I am not the best one to do so ... but that has never stopped me before ;)

I don’t think Destination D gets nearly the crowds or craziness of D23 so you won’t have to camp ou overnigh for any panels. I don’t think you need to line up super early for registration- but if you thought is to register and then go right to Mickey’s of Glendale i’d Suggest being on like like 11 to register and then go right over to that line

Also, not sure if you are a listener, but the DIS Connecting with Walt podcast is doing a meetup that day at the bar in the contemporary starting at, I believe, 3pm - you you could then head up to that after shopping

I’m not sure where to post this so my apologies. I just want to be sure someone sees it.

I have never been to a D23 event like this. I’m wondering how early people typically line up for these things.

1. Registration opens at 12:00 pm on Friday. How early should I get in line?

2. Mickey’s Glendale Shopping opens at 1:00 pm on that same Friday. Will this line be crazy long on the first day? Keep in mind there will be no PINs available to buy, that’s all presale.

3. And then finally, on the days when the Ballroom is open for the presentations with General admission seating starting at 8:15, How early do you think we need to be in line?

Thanks for your help!

Destination D will be my first D23 event too. I know that seating is guaranteed to every panel, so you won't have to worry about a seat. Plus, they don't allow as many people as D23 Expo, so I think every seat is going to be decent. With less people, I suspect that the archives and shopping opportunities are not as insane either. Craig and Michael from the DISUnplugged can't say enough good things about Destination D. As @TheMaxRebo said, Craig and Michael will be hosting a meetup for their podcast, Connecting with Walt, at the Outer Rim Lounge at the Contemporary at 2pm.

FYI for those chatting about the World of Disney - Big Fat Panda just posted a picture and they do have some decorations up for the Holidays and I think more things like this to come prior to the "grand reopening" on the 27th

Definitely not like the old way, but a bit more interest with these up

WOD christmas.jpg

More rumblings today about the Friendship Boats closing for a period between Nov 28 and Dec 18 but considering he appears to source the document shared by Swan-Dolphin, I'm still choosing to believe it when I hear something officially announced by Disney. The last I heard when I contacted Disney directly last week was that nothing has been announced about an official Friendship boat closure those dates. (Can you tell these dates coincide with our vacation?? :) ) I don't mind the boats being closed too much but have more interest about the state of International Gateway during the same dates.

FYI for those chatting about the World of Disney - Big Fat Panda just posted a picture and they do have some decorations up for the Holidays and I think more things like this to come prior to the "grand reopening" on the 27th

Definitely not like the old way, but a bit more interest with these up

View attachment 359148
I find it weird they have a Christmas section when Disney springs has a Christmas store...

More rumblings today about the Friendship Boats closing for a period between Nov 28 and Dec 18 but considering he appears to source the document shared by Swan-Dolphin, I'm still choosing to believe it when I hear something officially announced by Disney. The last I heard when I contacted Disney directly last week was that nothing has been announced about an official Friendship boat closure those dates. (Can you tell these dates coincide with our vacation?? :) ) I don't mind the boats being closed too much but have more interest about the state of International Gateway during the same dates.

Not sure if you have been following this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/international-a-gateway-to-close-11-27-to-12-17.3711586/

But the latest news that I saw posted there was by @rinnythepooh who stated:

My husband sent an email last night to George Kalogridis , an executive at Disney. We received a phone call this morning with the following answer:
1. There will be no pedestrian impact on the IG during the construction of the skyliner.
2. Yes there will be an impact on the Friendship Boats to Epcot.
3. There will be no impact on the Friendship boats to HS.
4. There will be no impact on the walkway to HS.
5. They apologized that no formal notice has gone out and they are working on a formal notice to be sent out.

So seems like the only real "closure" will be Friendship Boats to EPCOT - but the IG will still be open for foot traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter